watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football Manager 2013

Started by elgreenio, October 23, 2012, 09:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazzaffc

in need of desperate help. got the game yesterday and went fulham obviouslly, got 16 million to get in the top 10, signed shawcross for 12 million, and got 4 million left. i played 4 games in the league, lost 3 drew 1. tactics and formation isnt working. players are missplacing every single pass, and defence is gettings plit open all the time. i need help with tactics and formation, and if anyone can recomend a player to sign with the money i got left over. will be a big help. thanks

cottage cheese

Quote from: hazzaffc on November 07, 2012, 02:36:23 PM
in need of desperate help. got the game yesterday and went fulham obviouslly, got 16 million to get in the top 10, signed shawcross for 12 million, and got 4 million left. i played 4 games in the league, lost 3 drew 1. tactics and formation isnt working. players are missplacing every single pass, and defence is gettings plit open all the time. i need help with tactics and formation, and if anyone can recomend a player to sign with the money i got left over. will be a big help. thanks
I used to play this at uni and my few tips are

first thing I do is revamp the coaches etc...on your training level I make sure I have over 4 and a half stars for fitness,attacking,defending,tactics and shooting. This really makes a difference as I hardly ever get skinned nor does my defence get split open due to the high fitness levels! The game is really well built in the fact fitness makes a HUGE difference.

The best tactic I have used and won a lot with is

gk
rb       cd     cd   lb
              dlp

bwm   b2b

W                               w

af/dlf

MontenegroWhite

I still haven't played full version. Only DEMO.

But classic formation 4-4-2 worked fine for me at Fulham. I've bought Britton from Swansea, and he was very pleasing signing. I've played in some exhibition style (exploring) and you can buy Demba Ba for 8 m. and offer contract to Dzagoev on "approach to sign", you just need to put OFF filter for unrealistic targets, as there are many of them available to you but you don't see them if filter is ON.

My advice is not always to use filters!

elgreenio

seems that a lot of people are struggling early on but once you get a few months in things start to click. I also hear that 3 at the back could be the way for this years game.

hazza how did you get 16m btw?

would encourage everyone to load all players from the norwegian league, Rosenborg have some really cheap beauties in their squad.

Oh and when you start select your experience as professional or international footballer, always helps in luring players to the cottage and having a bit of influence on your team.

touch my camera through the fence

elgreenio

FYI a new patch has just been released (no need to start a new game). Should start updating after a Steam restart

Mitch

Quote from: elgreenio on November 07, 2012, 03:28:32 PM
seems that a lot of people are struggling early on but once you get a few months in things start to click. I also hear that 3 at the back could be the way for this years game.

would encourage everyone to load all players from the norwegian league, Rosenborg have some really cheap beauties in their squad.

Oh and when you start select your experience as professional or international footballer, always helps in luring players to the cottage and having a bit of influence on your team.

Is there a way to have players from a country open in this FM, without having the league running? I like a big database, but don't want to have 15 top leagues running plus the 4 Professional English tiers?

I've heard a lot about 3-5-2 as well.

elgreenio

when you load up a new game and get to the database size drop-down (small, med, large, custom), go to custom and in that page you can add players from certain leagues or players of a certain nationality

Mitch

Quote from: elgreenio on November 07, 2012, 03:56:58 PM
when you load up a new game and get to the database size drop-down (small, med, large, custom), go to custom and in that page you can add players from certain leagues or players of a certain nationality

Ta, that's what I'm used to, but maybe I just couldn't see it in this years version with the new layout.

hazzaffc

Quote from: elgreenio on November 07, 2012, 03:28:32 PM

had a meeting with the board at the start, they said 9 mill for a stable finish, i said no, then spoke about it in more detail and they offered like 15 for me to come in the top 10

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: andersons11 on November 06, 2012, 11:57:37 PM
I always see where i can get Fulham in a 4 year contract term, then i go to a free contract and see who offers me a job.  Romario, and Talaoi are great cheap defenders plying their trade in Brazil.
I presume you mean the right back Romario? I tried to get him but he couldn't get a work permit.

Bassey the warrior

Recommend playing a short passing game. If you keep losing the ball set the level of creativity to low. I play 4-2-3-1, also 4-4-2 and 4-5-1.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: cottage cheese on November 07, 2012, 02:55:10 PM
I used to play this at uni and my few tips are

first thing I do is revamp the coaches etc...on your training level I make sure I have over 4 and a half stars for fitness,attacking,defending,tactics and shooting. This really makes a difference as I hardly ever get skinned nor does my defence get split open due to the high fitness levels! The game is really well built in the fact fitness makes a HUGE difference.

The best tactic I have used and won a lot with is

gk
rb       cd     cd   lb
             dlp

bwm   b2b

W                               w

af/dlf

Good point. I've invested a lot in coaches. Also physio's. Just any staff really. They can be as good as signing new players.

Mitch

Quote from: elgreenio on November 07, 2012, 03:56:58 PM

Done it. Tried all of Europe - 218000! Whoops!

Plucked for English league, large database plus all Belgians and Norweigans on your recommendation. Ta.

Jambo

After 12 league titles and 5 Champions league titles with Fulham (not to mention lots of others trophies) I think its time to move on to Football manager 13!!

We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

JackyFulham90

What players are on the PSP version? Usually loads of players missing from it

cottage cheese

did anyone read the funny comments in the status page about "maybe you should order a pizza" or "turn your underwear inside out"...I got to a point when it just said "get a life..seriously leave" haha Good old uni days

JustOverTheRiver

I signed Anderson from Man Utd for 4.2 mil in the first week of the game, hes been quality.

Formation wise I usually build teams around a 4-2-2-2 system. 2 very creating defensive midfielders, 2 very pacey wingers with high crossing ability and 2 strikers.  Call me boring but I have used this system in the last 3 FMs to great success, I would highly recommend.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: The Moose on November 06, 2012, 05:51:31 PM
Quote from: Enter the Frei on November 06, 2012, 05:21:48 PM
Quote from: DiegoFulham on November 05, 2012, 04:07:48 PM
Quote from: Enter the Frei on October 23, 2012, 06:08:23 PM
team talks are a nightmare on it and Berbatov automatically hates you. Other than that I battered QPR 3-0, I'm about 8th after 10 or so games and you get 10 mil in the transfer market because of the 2 Dem's.

Fulham are decent to manage though Kasami and Kaca are especially good and Hangeland is very highly rated.

the game itself has too many goals from crosses at the moment and the team talks are very tricky but I think they're looking at fixing these things. Overall though the game is really nice runs smoothly and the transfer and email stuff has been nicely touched up.

So I guess that you don't play with the non league teams?

I like to manage either, Dover Athletic who on my previous save i got to back to back promotions to the football league and  a FA vase win.... or Welling United reminds me a little of FC Twente 

My first career is always with Fulham, when I get bored of it I normally start again abroad, with a top side or in the lower leagues but I've never tried non league.

I've managed to turn Kasami into a wonderkid though, averaged 7.5 over a full season and was my key player, Kaca and Frei are both developing well, Frei in behind Berbatov is working really well for the guy who was asking.

Where is Kasami playing? I've sent both Frei and Kasami out on loan.

Kasami as a deep lying playmaker, was planning ons stumping up for someone but he was far too good to play second fiddle

valdeingruo

Quote from: The Moose on November 07, 2012, 06:43:50 PM
Quote from: andersons11 on November 06, 2012, 11:57:37 PM
I always see where i can get Fulham in a 4 year contract term, then i go to a free contract and see who offers me a job.  Romario, and Talaoi are great cheap defenders plying their trade in Brazil.
I presume you mean the right back Romario? I tried to get him but he couldn't get a work permit.

Yeah,  I did. He is a bit iffy, always 50/50 in terms of getting a permit.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi