watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reading v Fulham – Reading fan Chat

Started by daib0, October 23, 2012, 11:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daib0

Unbelievable responses guys, most I'm going to transfer over to here, always crediting your user name and FoF:
http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9742112/1

We've also received a longer article as a preview to the match; it's by a Liverpool fan who has a reputation for being fair - we link up together on the Sunderland Black Cat Chat forum (another nice forum in case you're interested in making contact there):
http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9744973/1

And here is RR's prediction thread - a couple of silly predos (done for a joke I'm sure) which you don't take notice of, otherwise a mixed bag; we're not usually an arrogant lot:
http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9742781/1
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

BalDrick

Quote from: daib0 on October 24, 2012, 11:00:15 AM
Quote from: mr-ska on October 24, 2012, 08:43:09 AM

Hi Guys Liz here...  i support Fulham...  up the whites...

Mind you, we Reading fans aren't complaining - this is the new Reading president Anton with missus Katsia - why do you think our season tickets dramatically increase this year; it wasn't promotion!

First game of season v Stoke -

Hmm, doesn't hold a candle to la Hurley, well la Hurley of 10 years+ ago.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

daib0

OK, a few specifics!!:

Quote from: bulgariawhite on October 23, 2012, 04:48:54 PM
There is not more I can add to the comments made so far. It is great to welcome an opposition fan on this site with genuine comments and manners. After the game we probably won't hear from you again, but having lived most of my later life in Reading. I do wish you well for the season. Just beat QPR for us
Count on us! I'm a mod on RR and I principally do the, well, the 'outreach activity' and as we came from the old BBC 606 a bit of chat/banter comes naturally. Just hope you can put up with us though  :022:

Quote from: bulgariawhite on October 23, 2012, 04:48:54 PM
There is not more I can add to the comments made so far. It is great to welcome an opposition fan on this site with genuine comments and manners. After the game we probably won't hear from you again, but having lived most of my later life in Reading. I do wish you well for the season. Just beat QPR for us
Quote from: Riverside on October 23, 2012, 12:43:49 PM
:wine:

Quote from: daib0 on October 23, 2012, 11:51:27 AM
A very warm hello to all Cottagers from Royals Rendezvous ... look, just to let you know we've prepared a very detailed match presentation on the Reading v Fulham  game from our Reading forum, and the fullest respect shown to FULHAM from our friendly site with full information produced equally for both sets of fans – but in all honesty far, FAR more on your team.

It's here:  http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9742845/1

And a fine mention is given of your forum as the unofficial site suggestion ... trust me, our members love to hear what other fans have to say, there are no 'Wums' on RR. It would be really interesting for us to have any comments underneath from you. I know some people don't particularly like other fans producing a shopping list of questions to answer, and I perfectly understand that, so I leave any comments freely and totally with you.
But if you like, these easy-peasy following points might be used as a very basic guide:

A] What are currently the strongest areas of YOUR squad, and who should Reading individually look out for / fear most?
B] You have had a solid start this season, perhaps even surprising some of us. Realistically, where do you hope Fulham might finish if all goes more-or-less well?
C] How strong do you see the general level of the premier this season, and any general opinions of Reading FC and our football - either for or against (you can be honest!)

Although I'm a Reading fan, I admit we've hardly set the premier alight since coming up! You're probably favourites, although the Royals are playing at home and we've drawn a few. Anyway, here's to a good game, all comments welcome! Any snippet copied onto RR will be fully credited (and thanked) with your user name and the forum! ...

daib0

daib0 THANK YOU
in one post you have taken away any irritation we may have had about you taking the POG from under our noses . ( Mind you signing Berbatov to replace him had already helped ).
Looking forward to a game in the same spirit .
Friendly welcoming with mutual respect . Berba scoring , the POG not and an away win :-)
I too wish you all the luck and home wins - Sunday onwards .

I think the jury is still out on Pogreb still - we're not 100% convinced yet, but certainly have fingers crossed he'll deliver ...

Quote from: BalDrick on October 24, 2012, 08:39:22 AM
Point of order mate, I don't think la Hurley was ever a fan - Hugh Grant was and still is a huge Fulham fan, seem to recall him saying he took her once and she was bored. But as I too am a huge admirer, fully agree any excuse to put up some pictures of her, albeit she's now married to Warne, who I suspect is not a Fulham fan!
That's what I would have thought! But I read she's been seen therre occasionally ON HER OWN ?!!
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

Airfix

It's the Absolute Radio Rock 'n' Roll Football commentary game on Saturday.  Available on 105.8FM in and around London.

daib0

lamby

B] You have had a solid start this season, perhaps even surprising some of us.

What I can't understand is why is our solid performance a surprise to anybody? Since 2008-2009 we have finished 8th, 12th (but made a Europa League final), 8th and 8th.

mr-ska

daib0...  Ive loved your input this week...  this is what its all about...  abit of banter  but nice to find out a little bit about other clubs. Much better that the 'away' fan that comes on giving it the 'biggun'.  Had a look at your site..  very good too....  More than welcome to check in with us throughout the remainder of the season.

PS  Your Chairmans wife is H_O_T

daib0

Quote from: mr-ska on October 25, 2012, 12:49:45 PM
daib0...  Ive loved your input this week...  this is what its all about...  abit of banter  but nice to find out a little bit about other clubs. Much better that the 'away' fan that comes on giving it the 'biggun'.  Had a look at your site..  very good too....  More than welcome to check in with us throughout the remainder of the season.

PS  Your Chairmans wife is H_O_T

Yep, it'll be a real pleasure to keep in touch. You're blessed with a good admin-mod team at FoF, that's obvious to see. We mods at RR have installed into our members "no gloating if we win, no whinging if we lose" and not focussing on 'how bad/small/horrible team 'x' are but how we're doing it right (hopefully). Small differences, but makes it so much more pleasant on other forum sites.

Sorry, I've got a few good contacts but I HAVEN'T got Katsia's telephone number yet!

daib0

Quote from: lamby on October 25, 2012, 12:46:52 PM
B] You have had a solid start this season, perhaps even surprising some of us.

What I can't understand is why is our solid performance a surprise to anybody? Since 2008-2009 we have finished 8th, 12th (but made a Europa League final), 8th and 8th.

Dead true, and wasn't meant as an anti-compliment, just that when teams quietly get on with their business they don't sometimes attract the wider attention they deserve ...