watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ajax....comparison with Fulham.

Started by jarv, October 24, 2012, 11:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

If Fulham played Ajax I would think most of us would expect Fulham to win. They are a fine footballing team, no big money superstars and I think player for player would be very similar.

I watched the first half against City and the thing I liked most was Ajax went for it right from the kick off. Sometimes I think Fulham start too slowly, perhaps Jol could change that. (OK I know Ajax got caught on the break)

Ajax, somewhat like Jol, I guess believe in attack being the best form of defense. Maybe Jol should try it away from home, you never know, it might work. It was fascinating to watch ajax show city no respect and just go for the win.

I was glad they did win. :scarf:

jazz hardrockin

Ajax is the engine of Dutch football....no matter how expensive or not are the current players. I am glad they trashed and dumped that joke of a team Citeh. Fulham should have done that ,instead the players and the fans found excuse ,because of the 75 million bench.Pathetic isn't it?   :011:
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

jazz hardrockin

Ajax 3 Man City 1: City's comedy of errors renders them a laughing stock once more

Need I say more?...lol..... :005: 064.gif

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2222652/Ajax-3-Manchester-City-1--match-report.html#ixzz2AH69ZjEb

HatterDon

Ajax comparison with Fulham. Hmmm, let's see

Fulham               Trophy               Ajax
    0          League Championship       31
    0              Association Cup          18
    0                League Cup               7
    0            Euro Championship          4
    0             Cup-winners Cup           1
    0               UEFA Cup                   1
    1              Inter-toto Cup              0

Hmmmmm
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MasterHaynes

Quote from: HatterDon on October 25, 2012, 05:11:35 AM

Hmmmmm
:hook:   :drums:

Lighthouse

It's not as if City played us off the Park  is it? Oh wait they did. They destroyed us and made us look a third division side. Even if they did leave it late to score the winner. Losing to Ajax shows the gulf that is developing on any given day.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rupert

It does make me laugh, the way some posters try to link how a team plays against another team apparantly having some effect on the way they played against us.

064.gif See, that's me laughing at those posters (yes, I am a small, yellow emoticon in real life)  :Get Coat gif:.

Anyone would think we played at the same tempo, the same level of skill, the same degree of luck, the same amount of inspiration, the same starting eleven players, hell, the same phase of the moon or whatever else it is that can alter a result in every match.

Compare the way we, Fulham, played against Manchester United. We lost, we were a little unlucky.
Then look at the way we played against Aston Villa. We won, we were a little bit fortunate.
So, from that, do we gather that Aston Villa are at more or less the same level as Manchester United? Or do we look at how well WE played, to get an idea of the other teams' respective levels?

Manchester City played well against us, it happens, we were still unlucky not to get anything out of he game, thems the breaks. How City play against anyone else is completely irrelevant.

So, please, carry on with this fiction that City losing to A.N. Other has any meaning (no doubt the troll will, in a sad attempt to appear relevant), and I will continue to  :005:.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

God The Mechanic

Hmmmmm

So it's 1-0 on the important stuff?

Rupert

Quote from: God The Mechanic on October 25, 2012, 01:43:45 PM

Hmmmmm

So it's 1-0 on the important stuff?

Now that did make me laugh!

:clap_hands:

jarv

I made 2 simple observations.

1. Ajax played a wonderful attacking style, they have been in the European wilderness for a long time. It was pleasant to see.

2. I looked at the playing staff and thought, not dissimilar to Fulham (today Don).

Rupert, I have re-read your comments and have tried to see things from your perspective but I just can't get my head that far up my arse.  Now, THAT is funny 064.gif

jazz hardrockin

You are talking about his permanent position in life obviously.Up,up,up.....lol... Not just in FoF.... 064.gif

CanadianCottager

Maybe Ajax has more history, but we have a trick up our sleeve that has won a few cups off of Ajax in the past: Gol de Bryan Ruiz contra el Ajax

Rupert

Quote from: jarv on October 25, 2012, 02:08:48 PM
Rupert, I have re-read your comments and have tried to see things from your perspective but I just can't get my head that far up my arse.  Now, THAT is funny 064.gif

Terribly sorry, old boy, I hadn't realise a couple of things-

1) That I was having a go at your view. I thought it was roughly in support, since another poster poured scorn on your thoughts that we could beat them on the grounds that we didn't beat City.
Maybe if you read my comments properly, in future, and were in a less touchy mood, you might quite enjoy the view from up my arse, not that I would want you anywhere near it, no offence.

2) That we were not allowed to disagree with you, even though, as I said, I didn't. To be honest, there is only one person up themselves here, and it isn't me. Feel free to disagree with me on any topic, I will avoid lowering myself to your level in response.
Still, look on the bright side, the troll is amused, bless it, it thinks it has found a friend. That's your achievment for the day.

If you wish to discuss this further, a PM might be the best, if not, I look forward to reading your thoughts on other topics, feel free to ignore mine if they upset you in any way.

jazz hardrockin

Glad to see Citeh fans masquerading as a scientists..... 064.gif

jarv

Rupert, sincerely I apologise. I misunderstood your comment and humour (and I was in a foul mood this morning so took just about everything the wrong way)
SORRY!

A Humble Man

The reason football is the most popular sport in the World is that rarely are any results predictable.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Rupert

Quote from: jarv on October 25, 2012, 05:59:22 PM
Rupert, sincerely I apologise. I misunderstood your comment and humour (and I was in a foul mood this morning so took just about everything the wrong way)
SORRY!

Absolutely no problem, I thought it was out of character. My response was a bit snippy too, so apologies in return.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Rupert on October 25, 2012, 10:39:06 PM
SORRY!

Absolutely no problem, I thought it was out of character. My response was a bit snippy too, so apologies in return.

So you having a go at me were you? You barm cake. Oh yeah I can dish it out just as well as you can. So I didn't agree with you or you but trying to make out I am some kind of creeping stain on the surface of your opinion is just pushing it matey.

I wish to apologise for my above outburst. Although frankly if A beats B but loses to C. C will in all honesty beat A nine out of ten times. So stuff you and you.... Sorry I mean you should have a day like I have had. Then we will see which way the trousers swing.

:Get Coat gif:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JackyFulham90

On the day Ajax played well, well done to them I actually think they are similar quality to us player wise, history wise of course we lose they are one of the biggest clubs with the best history in Europe

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 25, 2012, 11:14:51 PM
Quote from: Rupert on October 25, 2012, 10:39:06 PM
SORRY!

So you having a go at me were you? You barm cake. Oh yeah I can dish it out just as well as you can. So I didn't agree with you or you but trying to make out I am some kind of creeping stain on the surface of your opinion is just pushing it matey.

I wish to apologise for my above outburst. Although frankly if A beats B but loses to C. C will in all honesty beat A nine out of ten times. So stuff you and you.... Sorry I mean you should have a day like I have had. Then we will see which way the trousers swing.

:Get Coat gif:

064.gif

Now get back to your park bench.