https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (26/10/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 26, 2012, 08:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Schwarzer eyes Fulham stay

Mark Schwarzer

VETERAN Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer wants to extend his stay at Craven Cottage beyond the end of the season.

The Aussie international turned 40 earlier this month but has no plans to hang up his boots – for club or country.

Schwarz, who has targeted the 2014 World Cup, has been an ever-present for the Whites this campaign, leaving David Stockdale kicking his heels on the sidelines.

However, the former Middlesbrough shot-stopper is in the final 12 months of his contract in SW6, with the club yet to open talks over an extension.

But Schwarz is still hoping he can remain at the Cottage.

He told the Chronicle: "My current deal is until the end of the season, but you're always hoping you get an extension.

"We haven't sat down to talk about it yet, and there aren't any plans to talk yet either, because it's still early doors and there's a long way to go this season. But I'm sure if the club are interested, they'll speak to me."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/10/26/82029-32108877/?#ixzz2APIldpig

WhiteJC

Briggs, Frei Loan Deals

The Club can confirm that Matthew Briggs and Kerim Frei have departed the Club on short-term loan deals.

Briggs has joined Bristol City on a one-month deal and could be in line for his debut for the visit of Hull City on Saturday afternoon.

The Robins are currently sitting in 21st place in the npower Championship table and are without a win in six league games.

After recovering from injury, Frei will link up with Cardiff City for a period of one month. City are currently second in the npower Championship.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/26/briggs-loan-deal?

WhiteJC

STATS: McAnuff has assisted half of Reading's goals vs Baird working hardest for Fulham

Reading v Fulham, Saturday 15:00

Reading lost 1-0 to Liverpool in their last league game, despite Gareth McLeary and Jobi McAnuff both threatening the Liverpool goal

McAnuff has four assists so far this season, meaning he has set up half of Reading's eight goals this season

Adrian Mariappa did his best to disrupt Liverpool's play, making 19 interceptions, putting him joint fifth for interceptions in a single game this season. He also made four blocks, joint second in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for blocks in a game.

Despite Liverpool largely dominating the game, Mikele Leigertwood contributed the third best passing display by a Reading player this season, completing 20 passes in the Liverpool half. Leigertwood himself holds top spot with 23 passes against West Brom.

Meanwhile Alex McCarthy in goal impressed making ten saves in total, also joint fifth for saves in a game this season
Chris Baird scored the solitary goal as Fulham beat Aston Villa 1-0 to extend an impressive run at Craven Cottage
Baird has had more involvement defensively than offensively this season, making an impressive 28 interceptions and won 8 of their 13 tackles

Baird also covered the most ground for Fulham in that game with 6.41 miles, the third highest individual total of a Fulham player this season

Baird's goal came from a John Arne Riise corner, his fourth assist of the season and a contribution which lifted the Norwegian to 13th in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index

Hugo Rodallega must be hoping for a change in fortune, as Fulham's new signing has had an impressive 23 efforts at goal with 65% on target but has just one Premier League goal for his troubles this season. Rodallega must be hoping the goals start coming soon, starting against Reading.

Mark Schwarzer continues to impress, the experienced goalkeeper is joint second among the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index's busiest goalkeepers having made 45 saves so far this season

http://www.byfarthegreatestteam.com/posts/stats-mcanuff-has-assisted-half-of-readings-goals-vs-baird-working-hardest-for-fulham/?

WhiteJC

'Lethal' Pog is back but Martin Jol bears no grudges

Martin Jol insists there are no hard feelings between him and Pavel Pogrebnyak as the former Fulham striker prepares to face his former club.

The Russian striker scored six goals in 12 games during six months spell at Craven Cottage last season after joining on loan from Stuttgart.

Fulham wanted to make the move a permanent one in the summer but Pogrebnyak opted to sign a four-year deal with Reading following their promotion from the Championship.

He is expected to lead the line for Brian McDermott's side when Fulham visit the Madejski Stadium tomorrow.

Jol said: "We know he can be lethal in the box. He helped me, he helped the club and then decided to leave. But he told me he went with pain in his heart."

Jol also confirmed that midfielder Damien Duff has recovered from an illness and is available for selection.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/lethal-pog-is-back-but-martin-jol-bears-no-grudges-8228008.html

WhiteJC

View From The Town End - Fulham

As usual we've sailed the high seas of the world wide web to bring you an opposition outlook on our next game and I'm delighted to say that Kristian Balkin from fellow SB Nation site Cottagers Confidential has given us some of his thoughts on tomorrow's game.

How have you viewed Fulham's season so far?

It's been pretty good by all accounts. Perhaps transfer deadline day was somewhat disappointing - leaving us tremendously short in central midfield but, in truth, we've handled things well and with Dimitar Berbatov leading the line we're certainly not short of class. I think it's still clear, after a dreadful first half at Southampton, that our away form needs to be rectified - you'll be glad to hear - but other than that, it's been a brilliant start to the season. And long may it continue.

We managed to swipe Pavel Pogrebnyak from you in the summer but he hasn't quite hit the same heights for Reading so far as he did at Craven Cottage. What were your views of him at Fulham and what's the best way for Reading to get goals from him?

It was clear that, after scoring six goals in his opening few games, he was a top footballer but, in spite of that, I personally wasn't disappointed to see him go. This isn't just sour grapes or anything, he's just not the same striker that, perhaps, his record with us suggested. We deployed him, invariably, in the same role in which Bobby Zamora flourished, so, using his physical presence to hold the ball up and deploying him as something of a target man. Perhaps you'd be better doing something like that with him but, then again, I'm not sure if it'd suit your style of play.

Fulham's original rise through the leagues was done largely through the investment of one former Harrods owner. Do you feel the club is now fully established for the long term or are there lingering concerns about the long-term future of the club?

I would say we're quite content with Mohammed Al Fayed's ownership and what seems most likely is that, after he goes, his son will take over. Obviously, like any club that has relied on investment for success, there is that worry that the money will just dry up and leave you exposed but Al Fayed is different - a foreign investor that has a genuine affection for the club and would hate to see it in the same sort of state it was in when he bought it. So, no, there are no long term worries.

What are your best memories of Reading v Fulham?

2008. I'm sorry but, there's little more to say than that. It was wonderful for us but it was probably heartbreaking for you.

And the worst?

I think you did the double over us in the 2006/07 season - though correct me if I'm wrong - and that's never a good thing. And, before that, I don't think we've met you since 1999 and, to be perfectly honest, I was too much of a wee small lad to remember that.

Anyone Reading fans should particularly worry about on Saturday?

I think you've obviously got to be aware of Berbatov but, aside from the obvious, Alex Kacaniklic is hot property right now after proving, at only 21, that he can cut it on the international stage with Sweden. On the other wing is usually Damien Duff but pressing for his place is new signing Ashkan Dejagah and, if his cameo against Aston Villa is anything to go by, he's going to be a top player for us.

Anyone Fulham fans are worried about?

Obviously we know what Pogrebnyak can do when he's on song but, aside from him, I like your lad Jimmy Kebe and I've always rated Chris Gunter. Jobi McAnuff is a good, solid midfielder too, who I think can cause us problems.

Score prediction.

Reading 1-2 Fulham.

Thanks again to Kristian and you can follow the CC guys on Twitter @CottagersC

http://www.thetilehurstend.com/2012/10/26/3557910/view-from-the-town-end-fulham-readingfc?

WhiteJC

The Opposition View - Fulham

With many thanks to Fulham season ticket holder Dave Martin (@davemffc), we ask a few questions about the game on Saturday. Dave answers questions on how Martin Jol is getting, Fulham's likely goal threat and his prediction for the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------

1) In a nutshell, sum up your season so far?

It's been a very positive start to the season. We've already had some great results & seem to be building a very strong and versatile squad which should see this us through a successful season.

2) Who are the player/s to look out for?

Of course there's the obvious, Berbatov has settled in very quickly and his class is already clear to see. In terms of players who might not be on everybody's radar yet outside of Fulham I'd say two in particular. Kerim Frei and Alex Kacaniklic, both young quick and very skilful. They've already shown glimpses of their potential and will feature more as the season goes on.

3) You have had a decent start to the season, where do you think you will end up?

I'd like to think we'll be pushing for 7th or 8th.

4) Your gaffer has done a very respectable job so far, Fulham fans must have taken to him well? And what sort of football do you play under Jol?

Jol was the man that the club always wanted prior to settling for Mark Hughes. However with the departure of Hughes, the timing was right for Jol to come in and has proved a hit with the fans. When he joined he wanted to introduce a younger, quicker and more attractive style of football which he's certainly been able to deliver. This is only his second season in charge so there's still plenty more to come.

5) Who has been your best signings so far?

Berbatov was a fantastic signing, but in addition Petric has proved to be a great addition as has Diara who was brought in late last season. Reither at right back has also been brilliant.

6) If you could offload any player from your team, who would it be and why?

That's a tough question, with some injuries an of course the loss of Dempsey, Murphy & Dembele, players like Sidwell & Baird have really stepped up and delivered. So right now I can't answer that one.

7) Expected line up for the game?

The great news is that we have no injury concerns ahead of the visit to Reading. So it's tough to guess who Jol will go with as he has a number of options. I expect to see Berbatov started up top with Petric, Duff also back in the line up with Baird and possibly Diara also starting in the middle. I'd be surprised to see any changes to our usual back four.

8) What's your prediction for the game?

With Reading still looking for their first win of the season this is going to be a tough game. I'd like to think that we have the class to earn all 3 points so I'm going with 2-1 Fulham. Saying that a point would still be a good result.

Read more: http://www.reading.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=297672#ixzz2APKgFv1J

WhiteJC

INCOMING: KERIM FREI

Bluebirds use loan market to net Fulham starlet

Cardiff City Football Club have signed Turkish midfielder Kerim Frei on an emergency loan deal from Fulham.

The loan agreement runs up to and includes City's fixture with Sheffield Wednesday on December 2nd, covering the next eight Championship fixtures.

Kerim - a highly rated midfielder by Cottagers boss Martin Jol - made twenty first team appearances for the West London side last season. His addition to the squad provides extra options in the wide, attacking areas of the pitch.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk//news/article/frei-signs-448455.aspx?pageView=full

WhiteJC

Pavel Pogrebnyak has no 'regret' after leaving Fulham for Reading

Reading striker Pavel Pogrebnyak has claimed that he has no regrets about leaving Fulham in the summer.

The Russia international played for the Cottagers in the second half of last season and was released by the Premier League club in July.

The 31-year-old joined Reading just days later on a four-year contract and now insists that the Royals' clash with Fulham on Saturday will not be special for him.

"I wouldn't say it will be a special game," Pogrebnyak told Sport-Express. "I didn't play for three years at Fulham, only about four months.

"But I follow the matches of my previous clubs. Sometimes I imagine myself in their [Fulham] squad.

"I have never made a secret of it that I liked playing under Martin Jol's management.

"But I don't regret anything as the best players left Fulham. It's still a question how they will handle the case.

"I hope fortune will favour against Fulham."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11673/8196122?

WhiteJC

Foundation Schools Promotion

For over 20 years we have been actively working in schools across South West London and Surrey engaging approximately 6,000 young people each month and working in excess of 80 schools.

Activities ranging from literacy and numeracy lessons to multi-skill and football sessions, the children take part in additional sport and physical activity which can benefit from improved attainment, an improvement in behaviour, improved health and an increased awareness of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.

We take great pride in knowing that we deliver high quality, fun, safe sessions, where the participant's engagement and learning is paramount. We have grown a very strong pool of education tutors and sports coaches, all of whom are fully fit for purpose (this includes an up to date enhanced CRB check, Emergency First Aid Training and Safeguarding Children Training) and between them, they have an abundance of enthusiasm and experience of working with different groups and in different environments. As a charity, we can uniquely offer these sessions at great value for money.

For those children who are gifted and talented or have a passion for a specific sport, we can also take advantage of our strong community and professional links and signpost them to local sports clubs, weekend and holiday activity, helping them to achieve their full potential.

Merton Abbey Primary School is just one of the local schools who take advantage of our curricular, extracurricular and education delivery and at a recent enterprise session, Stella Fry, Headteacher at Merton Abbey, commented: '"The children have come up with some really excellent ideas. FFC Foundation engaged everybody and even the quietest of children have been able to come up, speak up and have a turn, so for me it's been really quite exciting and the children are so enthusiastic. We love working with Fulham".

For more information please contact one of the Programme Development team to find out about these exciting opportunities and find out how Fulham FC Foundation can help your children achieve their full potential, on 020 8336 7512 or at [email protected].

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/26/foundation-schools-promotion?

WhiteJC

Wolves Await U18s

Fulham's Under-18s will look to end a run of three successive defeats when they travel to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday (12pm).

After a fine start to the season saw the Blues win their opening four games, Steve Wigley's charges have since slipped to losses against Liverpool, Chelsea and Crystal Palace.

Last weekend, Cauley Woodrow put Fulham in front against Palace at Motspur Park, but the Eagles pulled level on the hour mark, before snatching the winner 15 minutes from time.

Wolves are currently fifth in Group 3 of the Barclays U18s Premier League table, winning two, drawing two and losing two of their six fixtures to date. Last weekend, they drew 2-2 at home to Chelsea.

Fulham thumped Wolves 7-1 in the opening game of the new season back in August. Emerson Hyndman hit a hat-trick, with Woodrow (2), Moussa Dembele (2) and Lyle Della Verde also on target.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/26/wolves-await-u18s?

WhiteJC

Premier League: Reading v Fulham match preview
A look ahead to this weekend's Premier League fixture at The Madejski Stadium

Reading are still searching for their first win in the league this season and welcome Fulham to the Madejski stadium on Saturday.

Brian McDermott's team have amassed just three points from a possible 21 in the top flight and only Queens Park Rangers are below The Royals in the table.

Fulham will be hoping to improve their away form, having lost two of their four away league games this season.

KICK-OFF: Saturday, 3pm

PAST THREE MEETINGS...

Reading 0 Fulham 2 (McBride, Nevland), Premier League, April 2008

Fulham 3 (Davies, Dempsey, Healy) Reading 1 (Doyle), Premier League, November 2007

Reading 1 (Hunt) Fulham 0 Premier League, April 2007

STATS...

A win for either side could ultimately be worth six points as in the last three seasons where the sides have met, they have went on to do the double on each other

Fulham have conceded nine goals in their four away matches

CLASSIC MOMENT...

Reading were relegated on the final day of the 07/08 campaign despite hammering Derby County 4-0 at Pride Park as Fulham stayed up in their place with a 1-0 win at Portsmouth courtesy of a solitary Danny Murphy goal.

ODDS...

Reading to win: 2.70

Fulham to win: 2.45

Draw: 3.25

TV: Highlights on BBC1 at 10.25pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-reading-v-fulham-match-preview-8228369.html

WhiteJC

Reading v Fulham: Royals to be sharp out of the blocks
Hosts are in danger of falling behind in the relegation scrap; a home win is imperative

If Reading wish to avoid an immediate return to English football's second tier, they had better start winning soon yet, if you can't beat Fulham at home then you're not good enough for the Premier League.

They were close to picking up their maiden victories of the season in the two games that preceded their Liverpool loss, but paid the price for an inability to hold onto leads. They currently share the unwanted responsibility of making sure the table stands upright with QPR, and are slight underdogs to beat the Cottagers at 7/4.

They'll be lacking a key player in the ball-retention department as Jem Karacan is ruled out courtesy of a knee injury he sustained at Anfield, yet their Aussie keeper Adam Federici could return.

Bryan Ruiz is touch-and-go for the visitors following a groin injury he picked up on international duty, yet he is unlikely to start the game should he prove his fitness given the good run Martin Jol's side are currently on.

They're unbeaten in four of their last five, with their solitary loss coming in unfortunate circumstances against the champions, and have won three in this period. Their last visit to the Madejski was a profitable one too; they ran out 2-0 winners in the season which saw the Royals last relegated.

A price of 6/4 says they'll make it two wins from two in Berkshire while the 13/2 on offer for the visitors come from behind to draw represents good value, given the Royal's recent record.

Fulham have conceded a goal inside the first 15 minutes in three of their four Premier League clashes, which suggests Brian McDermott's men need to start this game quickly if they are to have any chance of picking up a win. The 9/2 that says they'll beat Mark Schwarzer before the clock denotes 15 minutes have passed is as good a price as any in this one.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/reading-v-fulham-royals-to-be-sharp-out-of-the-blocks_121951.html

WhiteJC

Reading v Fulham

By John Roder
Match of the Day commentator
BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Venue: Madejski Stadium Date: Saturday, 27 October

TEAM NEWS

Reading forward Noel Hunt could return from the heel injury that kept him out last weekend.

Jem Karacan is out with a knee injury, while manager Brian McDermott must decide whether to play Alex McCarthy or recall Adam Federici in goal.

Fulham winger Damien Duff is available after recovering from illness.

Midfielder Simon Davies is still sidelined with a hip problem but boss Martin Jol otherwise has a fully-fit squad at his disposal.

MATCH PREVIEW

In April 2008, when these teams last met, both were in trouble at the foot of the Premier League. Fulham won 2-0 at the Madejski Stadium and it proved crucial as they stayed up just a few weeks later on goal difference while Reading were relegated, with both teams having ended on 36 points.

So will this weekend see Fulham continue their impressive start to the season, or will Reading finally get their first win since returning to the top division?

The Royals have yet to keep a clean sheet in their opening seven league games, and they'll face a difficult task against a Fulham side who are the fourth highest scorers in the Premier League this season, with 16 goals already.

It will be an interesting afternoon for Reading striker Pavel Pogrebnyak, who was at Craven Cottage for the latter half of last season before deciding not to turn his temporary move from Stuttgart into a long-term deal. Instead he joined Reading, and has so far scored twice in the league and twice in the League Cup. Had the Russian opted for Fulham, it's unlikely that Dimitar Berbatov would have been signed by Martin Jol.

Reading have scored in every home match since last January; if they can get their first league win of the campaign it will set them up nicely for the visit of Arsenal in the League Cup on Tuesday, while if the match is half as exciting as Fulham's last away game, the 2-2 draw at Southampton earlier this month, it will be a cracker.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
These clubs have registered five wins apiece in the last 10 league meetings at Reading.

There has not been a draw in the last eight league meetings between these sides, with Fulham winning five.

Reading
This is Reading's worst start to a top-flight campaign, and their worst at any level since losing seven and drawing one of their opening eight Division Three fixtures in 1959.

Should they fail to beat Fulham, it would mark the 13th time a team has failed to win any of its opening eight Premier League matches. Five of the previous 11 sides to endure that fate prior to this season went on to avoid relegation.

Reading and Southampton are the only Premier League sides yet to keep a clean sheet.

The Royals had the lowest pass completion in the division last weekend (67.5%).

Pavel Pogrebnyak scored six times in 12 league appearances for Fulham last season, including five goals in his first three matches.

Fulham
Victory on Saturday would equal the club's best ever start to a top-flight season. In 1960-61 they had the equivalent of 16 points from their first nine matches.

Fulham are six points better off than at the same stage last season.

Only the current top three sides have scored more Premier League goals than Fulham's 16.

They have dropped eight points from winning positions this season, the second worst record in the top flight behind Southampton.

Dimitar Berbatov scored four goals in his last Premier League match against Reading, in Tottenham's 6-4 home win in December 2007.

Steve Sidwell played for Reading from 2003 to 2007.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20014386

WhiteJC

Kerim Frei joins Cardiff City on loan from Fulham

Kerim Frei: Turkish midfielder joined Cardiff City on loan from Fulham

Cardiff City have signed midfielder Kerim Frei on an emergency one-month loan deal from Fulham.

The 18-year-old will remain with the Championship club until their clash with Sheffield Wednesday on December 2, covering a total of eight league fixtures.

The Bluebirds' move follows injuries to Craig Bellamy and Tommy Smith, who are expected to be out for a couple of weeks, according to manager Malky Mackay.

Frei made his debut for Fulham last season and featured in 20 competitive games for the Premier League outfit.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8196304?

WhiteJC

Home comfort turns Fulham's Cottage into a fortress

Martin Jol has been around the Premier League block enough times to know that points make prizes. For a club like Fulham, the big Dutchman readily accepts that the most precious prize of all is achieved with 40 points because that tally more or less ensures the lucrative reward of survival.

A feeling of satisfaction comes with 50 points – "last season we had more than 50, so I was quite happy," he says – while Jol believes 60 points represents the key to the door to Europe.

Fulham's current rampant home form, just by itself, should secure most of the 40 that will mean Craven Cottage will go on to host Premier League football for a 13th successive season.

Indeed, it seems the Whites are never happier than when playing at home. Apart from the 2007/08 campaign, when the walls were consistently breached by opponents exploiting relegation-standard football, it has been a case of Cottage by name but fortress by nature.

The intimidation factor at the Thames-side stadium is huge. It starts even before the whistle, with cramped dressing room facilities inside the Cottage building that had Sir Alex Ferguson moaning they were "smaller than my office.". The United boss went on: "Fulham is one of my favourite grounds, but when you have 18 players stripping down, plus coaches, physios and kit men, it is ridiculous".

Once on the pitch, opposing players must ply their trade within a compact ground where the grandstands reach down almost to the touchlines. When Fulham are in full flow, the noise from home supporters is loud and intense. Taken as a whole, the Cottage is almost worth a one-goal start to its tenants.

Jol's transfer dealings and tactical expertise have reinforced the ramparts there. Under his leadership Fulham have won 32 points from a possible 42 available at home during the calendar year of 2012. Only the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea have proved stronger on their own turf.

So far this season just four teams have bettered Fulham's home haul of nine points from four games, leading Jol to insist: "I don't think our home record is a problem." It is their away record that is the headache.

Few of those Fulham supporters heading to Reading tomorrow can be confident that the players who consistently pick up points at the Cottage will replicate such heroics wearing away strip. Jol can certainly claim no significance in the fact that Fulham won on their last Premier League visit to the Madejski Stadium in the spring of 2008, because inconsistency away from home has been the bane of Fulham managers down the years.

Fulham have finished in the bottom half of the away success rankings in nine of the club's 11 completed seasons as a member of the Premier League elite. Is it any wonder that, comparatively, Fulham take so few supporters to away games? At least Roy Hodgson gave the faithful something to cheer about in 2008/09 when a side built upon a strong defence, one that conceded only 18 goals away from home, finished a club record seventh in the table.

Mark Hughes claimed a credible 18 points away from the Cottage the season before last. But then what does he really know? Since beginning his bid to realise greater ambitions at Loftus Road in January, Hughes has not won a single away game as manager of Queens Park Rangers.

Just this season, towards the end of August, a Fulham side uninhibited by their exalted surroundings went agonisingly close to getting a result against Manchester United at Old Trafford. But come the start of October and they managed to lose their grip on a rare away win by conceding a last minute equaliser at Southampton.

Kieran Richardson attempted an explanation for Fulham's away day blues by admitting: "We did start slowly at West Ham (where his side lost 3-0), we did start slowly at Southampton. But the second half at Southampton we dug in and played very well. It was all credit to the lads that we kept going."

Grit and determination pleases Jol, who observed: "You have to be brave if you go away from home. If we had won at Southampton we'd have two away wins under our belt, and in the last 10 years two away wins is probably our average. We managed four away wins last year, and a couple of draws. It was not good, but it was not bad either.

"I say that if we manage to get five or six away wins I think we will do well. It is always the same with away games. You have to keep a clean sheet and score a goal, preferably an early goal, because that goal will give you a cushion."

A clean sheet? An early goal? Knowing their club's travelling history, Fulham fans at Reading will surely believe it only when they see it.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/home-comfort-turns-fulhams-cottage-into-a-fortress-8228429.html

Maidstone Lee

Fulham to inflict more pain on Reading

By studentsportsmedia, Oct 26 2012 7:54PM

By Dominic Rust

Reading head into this game after a narrow defeat to Liverpool and still looking for their first win of the season. Jem Karacan will be missing for this game after getting injured against Liverpool.

Reading are 18th at the moment and having on 3 points with 7 games, will have to win soon or will surely plummet back where they come from.

Pavel Pogrebynak and Jobi Mcanuff are their much likely source of goals having 4 goals and 3 assists respectively.

Reading have scored every fixture at home and have won a whopping 39 points from 51, hence why they have only lost once in thirteen matches.

In contrast Fulham are sitting 8th in the division and have scored Sixteen goals and conceded Eleven this term. That statistic should give Reading plenty of hope.

But Fulham have an abundance of attacking riches. With Dimitar Berbatov, Mladen Petric, Bryan Ruiz, Damien Duff. With Bryan Ruiz in the team I can see Fulham creating a few decent chances.

In my Verdict, I can see this match being a Fulham win because of their quality up front and the pressure Reading being under having still not won this season.

The last team to keep a clean sheet at the Madejski was Hull, therefore I can see Reading scoring.

Match Prediction Reading 1 -2 Fulham

http://www.matchpreviewzone.com/#/all-previews/4569774960/Fulham-to-inflict-more-pain-on-Reading/3920916
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19