more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff(31/10/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 31, 2012, 04:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham scour Europe for new talent

Fulham have been linked with Catania forward Takayuki Morimoto and Toulouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko.

But boss Martin Jol faces a battle with his former club Hamburg for the services of the 24-year-old Japanese international while Spurs, Liverpool and Everton have also been linked to the French 'target'.

Morimoto, likened to Brazilian Ronaldo because of his power and size, spent five years at Catania before being sent out to Novara before returning to the Sicilian side.

The former Tokyo Verdy player scored four Serie A goals last season in eight starts and ten appearances from the bench.

Sissoko, 23, has made a handful of international appearances for France and started their 1-0 friendly defeat to Japan earlier this month.

The Toulouse star has been a virtual ever-present for the past four seasons and played in both of his club's Champions League qualifiers against Liverpool in 2008.

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/fulham-scour-europe-for-new-talent-1492436.html?

WhiteJC

HammyEnd Interviews: Erik Nevland {Exclusive}
by LRCN on OCTOBER 30, 2012

Erik Nevland: Interview Exclusive To HammyEnd.com

Yesterday afternoon I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to speak to Erik Nevland. He needs little introduction, but his goals during our great escape were vital in securing important wins against relegation rivals and so he forged his name as a Fulham cult hero.

Over his Fulham career, which ran along side Roy Hodgson's time here and spanned two and a half years, he helped rescue us from relegation, contributed to our highest ever league finish before playing for us in a European final. This then meant there was much to talk about! So then, I am delighted to present this HammyEnd.com exclusive interview with Erik Nevland. Click play above to listen, or alternatively, download by clicking here.

(On a personal note, this was the first interview I've done so, clearly, it won't be perfect but I trust that it's a good enough listen for you to enjoy. I found Erik to be a great sport, a very nice man and generous with his time. Definately one of my HammyEnd highlights!)

LRCN

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/10/nevland-gets-interviewed-by-hammyend-exclusive/?

WhiteJC

Liverpool and Newcastle United On Alert As Hangeland's Contract Talks Stall At Fulham

Fulham manager Martin Jol has hinted that towering centre back Brede Hangeland may leave the London club next summer, as talks over a new contract continue to falter.

The Dutch manager has seen two of the club's most influential players leave the club during the summer transfer window, as Moussa Dembele and Clint Dempsey made the trip to north London to sign for Tottenham Hotspur. Jol remains hopeful that the Norway international will sign a new deal, but with no progress after nearly six months of negotiations, Liverpool and Newcastle are carefully monitoring the developing situation.

'Our culture is that we always like to keep the players we want to keep,' former Tottenham boss Jol said.

'Brede is the only problem, but we've been talking to him for the last five or six months. We've made him a good offer so if he wants to stay that would be fantastic'.

Metro report that Brendan Rodgers and Alan Padrew have both expressed an interest in recruiting the defender, and would be able to sign him as a free agent next July when his deal at Craven Cottage expires.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/liverpool-and-newcastle-united-on-alert-as-hangeland-s-contract-talks-stall-at-fulham-20415/?

WhiteJC

Interesting!

It seems that Martin Jol is in direct competition with a former club, in this case Hamburg, for the signature of a player.

According to the grapevine, Fulham are in the race to sign Takayuki Morimoto from Catania.

The 24 year-old forward holds the distinction of being the youngest ever player to play in the J-League, making his debut at fifteen years of age.

Like I said, interesting!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=298180#ixzz2AqfY11tt

WhiteJC

JOL LINKED WITH MORIMOTO, BUT HIS PRIORITIES LIE ELSEWHERE...

Fulham currently sit joint seventh in the Premier League. Martin Jol signed some considerable attacking talent in the summer. The classy Dimitar Berbatov, surprise package Mladen Petric and Rodallega, can all score goals and have proved that, along with Brain Ruiz, Fulham have must be taken seriously as an attacking force this season.

It appears however, that Martin Jol is not satisfied with his striking options and is looking to Japanese international Takayuki Morimoto to bolster his forward line with a loan deal in January. Morimoto is an interesting prospect. Playing for Catania in Serie A, much of his recent seasons have been marred by injury. Playing for Novara last season, he only managed 4 goals in 19 appearances. Catania are keen to hold onto Morimoto in the long run though, proving they believe he has some considerable talent.

Holding the record for the youngest goal scorer in the history of the J. League Morimoto is well regarded in his country.  He has appeared at international level, scoring 3 goals, and at 24, he is still a fairly young prospect. Morimoto may be eager to prove himself in the Premier League, and a loan move to Fulham could prove an opportunity to really reignite his career.

Adding attacking options to your team is rarely a bad decision. Jol is doing a great job at Fulham and could well be pushing for a Europa League spot at the end of the season, another striker may just tip Fulham into the higher echelons of the Premier League. A loan deal for Morimoto would be the best bet for Jol and Fulham. With his injuries and poor recent goal scoring records (he is yet to score this season), a straight purchase could prove to a risk not worth taking.

Catania have numerous attacking options and this has moved Morimoto down the pecking order, but I would suggest Jol should consider investing in a top quality defender. Scoring goals doesn't look to be a problem for Fulham but they have just 2 clean sheets in their last 6 league games and if they really are to push for a Europa League place will need to give less goals away.

Read more at http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2012/10/premiership/jol-linked-with-morimoto-but-his-priorities-lie-elsewhere?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TransferTavern+%28The+Transfer+Tavern+Home+Page%29#5TLv6sqJ5UuTzGWB.99

WhiteJC

Wolverhampton Wanderers U21s 1-2 Fulham U21s

Alex Smith struck a late winner to clinch an impressive 2-1 victory for a youthful Fulham U21 outfit against a far more experienced Wolverhampton Wanderers side.

Dino Islamovic had opened the scoring for Kit Symons' Team but Bjorn Sigurdarson hit back for the West Midlands side before the interval.

The Whites, with all of their outfield players aged under 21, proved more than a match for the hosts in the second half before Smith pounced to net the decider with five minutes left on the clock at AFC Telford's New Bucks Head Stadium.

Manager Kit Symons said: "We performed very well against a very experienced side and that's all you can ask for really."

"But to get the victory right at the very end is the icing on the cake.

"That'll give the lads a lot of confidence to beat a team containing eight or nine players that have been involved with Wolves' first team.

"It was a victory built on hard work and it shows if you put the hard graft in, you'll get what you deserve.

"It was a strong all-round performance and we showed very good character to keep competing until the end.

"Lasse [Christensen] did excellently playing out of position at right-back and every player put in a shift to earn the win."

Symons' best laid plans were disrupted before kick-off when Alex Brister fell ill and a re-shuffle saw Lauri Dalla Valle step into a forward roll while Lasse Vigen Christensen was forced to retreat to an unfamiliar right-back role.

In a side containing over-age players Dave Edwards and Richard Stearman, the hosts had goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey to thank for keeping the Whites at bay early on as Fulham started strongly.

And the visitors struck the goal they had been threatening when Swedish striker Islamovic, who netted our consolation goal in the 2-1 reverse against Wolves at Motspur Park in August, was on target with a composed finish on 34 minutes.

However, Fulham's lead only lasted for five minutes, when Sigurdarson headed a corner past Hungarian keeper Csaba Somogyi to level the scores leading in to the interval.

The home side stepped up a gear after the break but the Whites soaked up the pressure and picked their moment to seal the victory.

The accomplished Christensen broke forward and delivered a pin-point pass for Smith to add the finishing touch on 85 minutes and bring all three points back to south west London.

Fulham U21: Somogyi; Christensen, Grimmer, Musa, Pritchard; Minkwitz, Smith; Islamovic, Banya, Altman; Della Valle. Substitutes: Bettinelli, Tankovic, Sambou, Kavanagh.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/31/u21s-highlights?

WhiteJC

Tavares to be handed Fulham chance

Mickael Tavares

MARTIN Jol hopes to involve new signing Mickael Tavares in the Fulham first-team over the next couple of months.

The Senegal midfielder was brought in on a short-term deal earlier this month as cover for the crocked Mahamadou Diarra, but has so far failed to feature.

With Diarra having returned from injury sooner than expected, the former Middlesbrough man is way down the pecking order at Craven Cottage.

However, Whites boss Jol said he could call on the 29-year-old ahead of a hectic winter schedule.

"Tavares was a back-up player for me for Diarra and Chris Baird," he said.

"There was not the situation where I could bring Tavares as well but hopefully he could be involved in the next couple of months.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/10/31/82029-32136517/?#ixzz2AtScXtqu

WhiteJC

Dikgacoi enjoys new lease of life

Life in England has certainly not been an easy ride for South African midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi.

Signed by Fulham in 2009, Dikgacoi eventually moved to Championship side Crystal Palace after making just seven Premier League starts.

He then endured a difficult debut season at Selhurst Park that was marred by a succession of injuries.

The 27-year-old from Free State was also publicly criticised by his then manager Dougie Freedman.

It was a harsh welcome to English football.

Freedman has since quit Palace to join Bolton, Palace are doing well in the Championship, and Dikgacoi is enjoying a new lease of life.

The Bafana Bafana international has scored five goals as Palace push for promotion to the Premier League.

"Last season I had a lot of injury problems but in the summer I worked really hard," he told BBC Sport.

"Dougie had a chat with me at the start of pre-season and spoke to me about some aspects of my game, like getting more involved in the attacks and also keeping myself fit.

"He is an honest guy and he would advise you in a constructive way to make sure you improve as a player. He has played a significant role in my career.

"Everything is going well for me now and obviously for the team as well.

"I feel a lot stronger and playing a lot of games has really helped me."

First capped by South Africa in 2007, Dikgacoi will play a major role for Gordon Igesund's side in the 2013 African Nations Cup on home soil.

He is expected to form a midfield partnership with Oldham Athletic's Dean Furman and the Bafana Bafana coach said he was delighted by Dikgacoi's form.

"KG's getting forward more and scoring goals so that's really good for us," said Igesund.

He added: "I'm very happy with the way he has come back from injury but I just hope the Palace coach leaving doesn't affect him too much.

"I had a good relationship with Dougie about when we could take KG for friendlies but hopefully the new coach will keep playing him in the same kind of role.

"He should be one of the main guys for us in January."

In the meantime, Dikgacoi will turn his attention to Palace's attempts to bring Premier League football to south London for the first time since 2005.

Freedman's shock departure did not stop them beating table-toppers Leicester on Saturday and the Bafana midfielder believes the new manager will inherit a squad capable of achieving promotion.

"It's an attractive job for whoever comes in," he said.

"Everyone in the team believes we have the ability to go to the Premier League and if we can keep our players here then we have a really good chance.

"It's not all about the money - it's about the quality you have in your team.

"I believe we have good players in the starting line-up and on the bench and that can help us finish very high this season, whoever is the manager."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20153473?

WhiteJC

Magic Numbers: Fulham

Everton head to Fulham's Craven Cottage on Saturday looking to chalk up a fifth successive win against the Londoners.

David Moyes' men triumphed 3-1 in the capital last term before routing Martin Jol's side 4-0 at Goodison in April.

Here we preview this weekend's encounter with the aid of more stats, facts and numbers...

2 Defeats for Everton in their last 14 away games in the Premier League - at Liverpool in March and West Brom in September. In that time, three games have resulted in victories and the remaining nine in draws. 

3 Hat-tricks in meetings between the two clubs. The most recent was netted by Yakubu in Everton's 3-0 victory at Goodison Park in December 2007. The only treble by an Everton player at Craven Cottage was by Blues legend Harry Catterick in a 5-1 win in October 1950.  No Fulham player has ever netted three against Everton.

Yakubu celebrates the first of his hat-trick against the Cottagers in December 2007

6 Goals scored by Derek Temple against Fulham, more than any other Toffees player.  The 1966 FA Cup final hero achieved his haul from just 10 games against the London side.

7 Victories for Everton in the past nine matches between the two clubs. The Blues' only defeat in that sequence came at Craven Cottage in September 2009.

9 Previous meetings between the two managers. Five have been won by David Moyes and four by Martin Jol. No meetings between the pair have resulted in draws. The Scot has been victorious on each of the last four occasions he has opposed the Dutchman – a 3-1 win at Tottenham in August 2007 and all three games against the Cottagers last season.

Derek Temple - no other Everton player has scored more goals against Saturday's opponents

13 Goals scored from open play in Everton's last four games. Remarkably, all of them were netted in the first half. The only second-half strike in those games was Leighton Baines' last-ditch penalty in the 2-2 draw at Wigan.     

17 Appearances by Tony Hibbert against Fulham - more than any other Everton player. The full-back has won 10 matches against the Cottagers and lost six.

18 Successive home wins in league matches between the two clubs from 1966 to 2009, a sequence ended by Leon Osman's two-goal display at Craven Cottage in May 2009.

Of the nine meetings between David Moyes and Martin Jol, none have ended in draws

56 Previous encounters between the two sides in all competitions. Everton have been victorious on 26 occasions, suffering just 18 defeats. 

149 Starts in the Everton career of Steven Pienaar. The South African's first was in a 2-1 victory at Bolton in September 2007.

Stats courtesy of Gavin Buckland (@GavinBuckland1)

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/10/31/magic-numbers-fulham

WhiteJC

Fulham defender hails 'unbelievable' Berbatov

SASCHA Riether has hailed the impact of Fulham team-mate Dimitar Berbatov.

The former Manchester United frontman scored his third goal in four starts for his new club in Saturday's 3-3 draw at Reading.

And Whites defender Riether was left drooling over the Bulgarian striker's efforts so far at Craven Cottage.

"We know that Berba's a great player and we saw that again [at Reading]," Riether told the Chronicle.

"His goal was unbelievable. He can always keep the ball and he's a very important player for us.

"We saw when he was not there – when he was injured and did not play - that we did not have the player at the front who could keep the ball for us, and it's good to have him back.

"Our game is to always play to Berba's feet."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/10/31/82029-32138110/?#ixzz2AtUZpRwy

WhiteJC

Damien Duff back in the Irish squad?

The JOE office got a little excited when we saw that Duff was back in the Ireland squad to play Greece, but alas it was just a typo on the part of RTE.

By Declan Whooley

While it is great to see Ciaran Clark and Wes Hoolahan back in favour with Giovanni Trapattoni, it was the name of Duff that jumped off the sheet.

The 100 international cap winger has been one of the greatest players to ever don the green jersey and considering his fantastic start to the season with Fulham, it was hoped the former Chelsea man would re-consider his retirement decision.

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/duff-back-in-the-irish-squad-0029912-1?