more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Politics on the board...time to review?

Started by MJG, November 01, 2012, 05:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: HatterDon on November 02, 2012, 06:14:19 PM

Kevin Keegan is the Sarah Palin of football managers.

Classic!

"I can see Manchester from my house."

A Humble Man

What a the fing US elections got to do with the UK anyway and why should any Fulham supporter be the slightest interested.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Berserker

Quote from: cmg on November 02, 2012, 06:53:12 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on November 02, 2012, 06:14:19 PM

Kevin Keegan is the Sarah Palin of football managers.

Classic!

"I can see Manchester from my house."

That made me smile as well
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

YankeeJim

Pleeezzzzzeee no politics.

I'm a political junkie and with that very opinionated. I see no reason why I don't just tell everyone what to think and we can be done with it. Unfortunately, there are odd characters out there who aren't smart enough to follow along with my political genius and they would come up with an inaccurate political theory. Hmmn, maybe that's why we shouldn't talk politics.  :002:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Logicalman

Quote from: A Humble Man on November 02, 2012, 09:57:17 PM
What a the fing US elections got to do with the UK anyway and why should any Fulham supporter be the slightest interested.

And there we have it. If you hadn't noticed, and I fully understand that the US contingent on this MB tend to keep themselves to themselves, we do have a number of American members here. "Quell surprise" I hear you try and yell, "We have Yanks amongst our ranks? Well who knew, eh?"

and so to bed children..... da dada da da, da dada da da ......

A Humble Man

Quote from: Logicalman on November 03, 2012, 02:08:54 AM
Quote from: A Humble Man on November 02, 2012, 09:57:17 PM

And there we have it. If you hadn't noticed, and I fully understand that the US contingent on this MB tend to keep themselves to themselves, we do have a number of American members here. "Quell surprise" I hear you try and yell, "We have Yanks amongst our ranks? Well who knew, eh?"

and so to bed children..... da dada da da, da dada da da ......

Should have said British Fulham supporters, sorry, but a lot of British have a unhealthy interest in America, including the British Government, which is very dangerous for this Country as America is degenerate.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Holders

It is possible to have excellent and enlightening discussions on politics and religion (both subjects that interest me) but so very rarely indeed so they are both subjects well kept off our board which (presumably) we all joined because we share one common cause. I used to be active in politics but my views have matured as I've got older and I think I'm more open-minded than I used to be as I can now see how naive I was. What I enjoy is mainly the intellectual challenge of debate rather than the issue necessarily.

I have my views on whom I would dread to win the US election but, frankly, although I know the date is drawing near I have no idea when it is. The result will affect us, like it or not.

Anyway, why do they "run" rather than stand and why's it a "race" not a contest? The election will be held on the specified day, no-one will get there first.

Now, does anyone know if Michael Saunders on this board? He and I share common ground and interests and it was good talking to him on the "offal".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Berserker

Was that his name on the Offal or his real name Holders.

I also agree that with globalisation, what happens in one country is likely to affect others, therefore i like to take a interest in what is happening in all parts of the world.

Also it is difficult to form opinions on what would be good for a country; i know who i would like to see elected as President of the USA, but have never lived in that country under that person or political party, therefore i don't really know on a day to day basis how their policy's affect Americans.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MJG

I asked the question and got my answer so thanks everyone. But I'm locking this thread now.

COYW