watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (16/04/10)

Started by WhiteJC, April 16, 2010, 07:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/fulham-keen-see-hoesen-progress-loan-helsinki-774101
Fulham keen to see Hoesen progress on-loan at Helsinki

Fulham management are expecting big things from Dutch striker Danny Hoesen.

Hoesen has been sent on-loan to HJK Helsinki for the remainder of the season.

Fulham development coach Billy McKinlay told the club's website: "He did take a while to come to terms with the intensity and physical aspects of the game. He's an intelligent player who has good technique and he's a threat in the final third with the movement and his positional play.

"It's worth sending him to Finland to get that experience and see where he's at in terms of playing football in a league scenario.

"Since Danny's played for the Reserves at the turn of the year, he's been a real plus for us - he's been arguably our best player. I'll be going out to have a look at him over the summer and I'll be looking for him to kick on and really grasp the experience for what it is."

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/fulham-happy-send-milsom-tps-turku-774051
Fulham happy to send Milsom to TPS Turku

Fulham development coach Billy McKinlay believes Rob Milsom's loan to TPS Turku will benefit the youngster.

Just days after signing a new contract, Milsom was sent to the Finnish club for the remainder of the season.

"With the Manager's contacts in Finland and Wayne Brown's successful sortie into Finnish football last season, letting Rob Milsom move to Finland was always in the back of our mind," McKinlay told fulhamfc.com. "Rob's now been fit for four or five games - so he's always going to take a bit of time to get himself up and running again.

"There are only a few games left before the end of the Reserve season. And he's obviously missed the best part of the year through injury so we felt that it would be best to keep him playing after having been out for so long.

"Apart from the physical benefits and match practice, he's also going to pick up some experience playing at a good, competitive level. He'll be able to go there have a good three or four months. When he comes back in August we'll be able to re-evaluate him and hopefully he'll be ready for the push into the First Team.

"He made his debut at Old Trafford the week before he injured his knee. We think a lot of him at the Club and we feel that he's got some really good attributes. We just need to see that he's back on form and the one thing that he's missing, through no fault of his own, is the experience of playing league football. I'm pretty sure he would have got that, had he not got injured."

WhiteJC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8622395.stm
Fulham v Wolves

Wolves' goalless draw with Stoke last time out wasn't a classic but it was another point for Mick McCarthy's side, who will be safe from relegation now.

I'll go for Fulham in this game, though. Roy Hodgson has made the Londoners very difficult to beat. Even when they have a bad day - and those generally come away from home - they don't concede too many.

Prediction: 2-1

ScalleysDad

The absence of AJ has been the making of BZ, and indeed Gera. Even before his injury AJ's contribution had been a couple of decent performances running the channels and a small handful of goals. How many times did we all groan aloud when he and BZ got in each others way or the obvious roles got reversed. You don't see BZ in the corners so much these days trying to get a cross into the smallest bloke on the pitch. I remember volunteering to drive Gera back up the motorway. He has'nt got the speed AJ once had but he has got the brain that makes up for that by miles. I don't see a role for AJ with BZ, Gera, Okaka, Demps or Elm or any combination of. Dare I say that pound for pound a purchase to rival the Marlet fiasco ?
After the first few performances from Shorey I thought Konch would be the one on the bench. Okay Konch gets forward, sometimes he seems to stop for no apparent reason and look for the sideways pass, but defensively he still the weaker link. Shorey stayed at his post and H&H looked more comfortable for that.