more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham vs Everton

Started by Walsh, November 03, 2012, 02:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Quote from: Count Berbatov on November 03, 2012, 04:57:42 PM
Jol subs were again spot on. This man always gets it right. What's his secret?

seems like they worked....I couldn't blame Riise for that goal as he was defending two men who were attacking deep and had to make a choice, which was to stay in between, but they did attack that side relentlessly so perhaps getting him out and putting Duff in that slot was the right move.

Bringing Petric in I thought was a good move as I wasn't really impressed with Diarra today, yes he has the ball a decent amount but the harassment by the Everton players seemed to make him too edgy and he made some poor choices when passing (easy for me to say :) ).

I really like Dega though. Lots of energy and pace and would like to see him starting now.

rusty shackleford

I was almost embarrassed to have equalized. Deserved nothing

cebu

They played the better football over 90 minutes, but Fulham simply took their chances - something we don't always manage to do.

For once I'm not disappointed by us drawing a game.  

Lighthouse

Quote from: rusty shackleford on November 03, 2012, 05:05:53 PM

But we deserved three points away at Saints and Reading. But couldn't defend at the end. We were destroyed by City but only let in late to lose. So Everton doing the same against us is no shame. We deserved nothing but won a draw. Last week we deserved more than a draw. Not embarrassed but thrilled we had a bit of luck at last.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Riether our MOM by a country mile.
I would have taken this score before the game. In fact I did on Tipping League.
Where there's a will there's a wife

PokerMatt

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 03, 2012, 05:09:31 PM

But we deserved three points away at Saints and Reading. But couldn't defend at the end. We were destroyed by City but only let in late to lose. So Everton doing the same against us is no shame. We deserved nothing but won a draw. Last week we deserved more than a draw. Not embarrassed but thrilled we had a bit of luck at last.

Agreed, my emotions are of disbelief and joy. I'm not making excuses, we didn't deserve it, but when you lose so many points at the end of games when it happens to you it makes it a great day.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 03, 2012, 05:09:31 PM

Ill take the point all day long! Its just so frustrating to watch us getting owned for the entire game (especially at home), even if we did manage to snatch a point

Count Berbatov

Quote from: ddeuce on November 03, 2012, 05:01:24 PM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on November 03, 2012, 05:00:03 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on November 03, 2012, 04:58:37 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 03, 2012, 04:57:21 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on November 03, 2012, 04:56:11 PM
Quote from: Azeedo on November 03, 2012, 04:53:46 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on November 03, 2012, 04:52:01 PM
Everton was robbed.

We have been robbed in the past think of it as lady luck paying back

I agree with both your comments. We got the goals but Everton is well ahead of us in terms of quality. We are 'light weight' physically....it's like a team skinny teenagers playing against men today (no offense meant to our younger posters).

No offence taken from this giddy teenager. Well I am today.

Woooo wooo wooo. I'm not taking anything away from Fulham, I'm just pointing out that Everton were robbed (which you can't deny).
They weren't robbed. No decisions went against them. They fell asleep for the cross. their own fault

Well they were, because we didn't deserve a point out of that.
I hear you. But like others pointed, should have won the last two, so Fortuna works in mysterious ways
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

St Eve

MasterHaynes

Quote from: grandad on November 03, 2012, 05:10:50 PM
:plus one: :
We have to sign Reither when his loan period is up, best fullback we have had at the club for many many years :German-flag:

FFCfan

Quote from: MasterHaynes on November 03, 2012, 05:26:35 PM
Quote from: grandad on November 03, 2012, 05:10:50 PM
:plus one: :
We have to sign Reither when his loan period is up, best fullback we have had at the club for many many years :German-flag:
Spot on

Count Berbatov

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 03, 2012, 05:03:40 PM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on November 03, 2012, 04:57:42 PM
Jol subs were again spot on. This man always gets it right. What's his secret?

seems like they worked....I couldn't blame Riise for that goal as he was defending two men who were attacking deep and had to make a choice, which was to stay in between, but they did attack that side relentlessly so perhaps getting him out and putting Duff in that slot was the right move.

Bringing Petric in I thought was a good move as I wasn't really impressed with Diarra today, yes he has the ball a decent amount but the harassment by the Everton players seemed to make him too edgy and he made some poor choices when passing (easy for me to say :) ).

I really like Dega though. Lots of energy and pace and would like to see him starting now.
If we could only field 12...
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Walsh

Quote from: PokerMatt on November 03, 2012, 04:36:54 PM
Quote from: Walsh on November 03, 2012, 04:33:29 PM
time for us to score late and bag us some points??

It happens against us when we outclass teams... so why not?

Well, I did call it :p

cottage cheese

just got back and to be honest i expected it. We have no pace at all and pinaar,mirelles,baines,coleman ripped us apart. The players looked tired around the 75min.

Everton shot out of the blocks..we just slowly played into the game. I for one am fed up with the way we start games in our slow way.

Berbatov kept coming back to pick up the ball which meant we had no one up front. I blame ruiz as he was a passenger today. He scored a free kick but was awful for the rest of the game,

Kaca...was he even playing? did not mark coleman which allowed pinaar and coleman to double up on riise.

Defence was shocking apart fro reither who was mom for me.

Its one game so need to panic but my god we need pace in our team. We have a tricky couple of games coming up and we need to start attacking from the word go or we will start to drop.

zzamora

Tell you what, Stevie G wasn't half joking about Everton and long ball.

90 mins of lump it to Fellaini.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: cottage cheese on November 03, 2012, 05:49:43 PM
just got back and to be honest i expected it. We have no pace at all and pinaar,mirelles,baines,coleman ripped us apart. The players looked tired around the 75min.

Everton shot out of the blocks..we just slowly played into the game. I for one am fed up with the way we start games in our slow way.

Berbatov kept coming back to pick up the ball which meant we had no one up front. I blame ruiz as he was a passenger today. He scored a free kick but was awful for the rest of the game,

Kaca...was he even playing? did not mark coleman which allowed pinaar and coleman to double up on riise.

Defence was shocking apart fro reither who was mom for me.

Its one game so need to panic but my god we need pace in our team. We have a tricky couple of games coming up and we need to start attacking from the word go or we will start to drop.
Interesting to hear the opinion of someone from the stands. What about Diara?

Count Berbatov

Quote from: ddeuce on November 03, 2012, 05:51:16 PM

Can't blame them. What happens if he's not on? Though they have other qualities of course

TWFL

Quote from: ddeuce on November 03, 2012, 05:51:16 PM

Thinking the exact same. Not just to him either, Jelavic was another target of theirs as well. Thing was we didn't adapt to that. We should have just accepted Fellaini was inevitably going to win the header and looked to pick up the 2nd ball. We didn't and Everton were getting it every time which put us under a lot of pressure.

NogoodBoyo

I didn't see them thump it up much at all except for their 1st goal.  And why wouldn't you do it when Hughes was swatted aside like a gnat. 
They were much more patient and incisive in their build-up than were we.  In fact, it was Fulham that played it over midfield for most of the game.  And it kept on coming back at us in shovel loads.
Nogood "very happy with making that point, I am" Boyo

Walsh

Does anybody else feel like we lost today?