watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bloody football injuries

Started by FatFreddysCat, April 16, 2010, 08:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

I played five a side last night, and somehow i've injured the underneath of my heel, not a tackle or kicking the ball, but i can hardly walk. Any ideas what i've done? Cant believe my bad luck, the work has suddenly gone mad, i was even going to work sat and sunday, but it looks like thats out the window now  :56: .

Huge

Had something similar myself. turns out it was a bruised heel bone. Landed very heavy on it. Could well be that. Arnica Ointment will help it.
The Dude abides

FatFreddysCat

Cheers Huge. the most upsetting thing was one of my customers makes me a curry (much better than restuarant)and now i'm going to have to ring to say i wont make it. I hope they haven't bought all the stuff  :002: .

finnster01

I've had that too playing indoor 5-a-side Mr Fred. I was told it had to do with stress on nerves in the heel caused by pounding on a hard surface. I was recommended getting a second pair of trainers (very different type and preferably more support in the heel area and the sole), and then rotate the usage of both sets. He also recommended to buy this soft cushy thing that comes like a sheet of paper, is about a third of an inch thick, and you just cut out a small piece with a pair of scissors to fit under your heel. It has adhesive on one side, you just peel off the paper and glue it under your heel. It works as a shock absorber and actually helped.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Cheers for the info Finnster, i already wear Nike Air Max as they cushion my feet quite well, but i'll look out for them heel things. I'm going to get anouther nagging now about how i keep getting injured and how much money i lose through playing football, i had about £450 worth of jobs to do over the weekend, so quite a pain in the arse. Still im 41 and whilst i can still play i will as its the highlight of my week, i absolutely love it. I'll be gutted when i can no longer do it , so i'll just have to put up with the knocks and loss of earnings.

Pata

Were you playing on one of those sandy carpets? Absolutely hate them - hard as, kill the joints and lead to niggling little injuries. When 3g astros started coming in it was like a manna from heaven.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

FatFreddysCat

I usually play indoors but i was playing at Goals in South Ruislip last night with Albanian White and his work mates. It's Astro pitch with loads of bits of black rubber that ends up in your trainers.

Burt

I play every Monday night and had this a couple of years ago, a couple of weeks rest and a change of trainers did the trick.

My current thing is my calf muscle, I tore it a few months back and it has never been the same... My wife thinks now I am 42 I should hang my boots up but I can't face not playing.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Burt on April 16, 2010, 12:30:39 PM
I play every Monday night and had this a couple of years ago, a couple of weeks rest and a change of trainers did the trick.

My current thing is my calf muscle, I tore it a few months back and it has never been the same... My wife thinks now I am 42 I should hang my boots up but I can't face not playing.
A couple of weeks rest? Jesus i'm snowed under with work at the moment, if it isn't sorted  by monday i'll just have to hobble behind the mower dosed up with pain killers.

LBNo11

...Arnica as mentioned, with Ibuprofen to help reduce the inflamation. Keep an eye on it in the future though, inflamation of the calcaneus can lead to a condition called 'plantar calcaneal spur' which can come back to haunt you - take it from me that is painful, especially having cortisone injections in your heel - ouch..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

blingo

Ya big lazy wus, get out there and do some work. Cortisone is ok i,ve had 6 injections of the stuff in my shoulder. It can hurt or it may not, really depends on how good the quack who's injecting it is. Or to put it another way, local authority hurts like hell, private does not. :011: :011: :011:

FatFreddysCat

Cheers LB and Huge. Kaz has been sent out to get some of that Arnica gear. I still went out and priced a job up earlier Blingo, but it turned out to be a crap one, so i just hobbled off .

FatFreddysCat

Oh i almost forgot to add this happened in the first few minutes so i was hobbling around feeling very sorry for myself, when all of a sudden i caught a hotshot hamish shot right in me Jacobs. It proper put me on the deck, with the ever sensitive Albanian White pissing himself laughing at me, oh how i regret saying yes to his " were a man short tonight do you fancy a game".

RidgeRider

Quote from: blingo on April 16, 2010, 12:53:55 PM
Ya big lazy wus, get out there and do some work. Cortisone is ok i,ve had 6 injections of the stuff in my shoulder. It can hurt or it may not, really depends on how good the quack who's injecting it is. Or to put it another way, local authority hurts like hell, private does not. :011: :011: :011:

Agree.

Fred.......'man up', drop some Ibuprofen, and get to work!

Pata

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 16, 2010, 12:12:10 PM
I usually play indoors but i was playing at Goals in South Ruislip last night with Albanian White and his work mates. It's Astro pitch with loads of bits of black rubber that ends up in your trainers.

3g then. Strange, that - quite a forgiving surface IMHO. My bird loves it when after playing on one of those I turn up and spray the rubber bits all over the kitchen floor as I stick the kit in the washing machine.

Good to see you fellas playing into your 40s. Really hope I can do that - really miss football at the moment. Luckily, I can still work, no matter how badly injured (well, almost, no matter :)).
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Pata

Quote from: blingo on April 16, 2010, 12:53:55 PM

Are they willing to keep injecting you? What about long-term effects?

Injured my knee when I was a teenager and the muscles just wouldn't heel properly, so had to go for cortisone - was sorted in 10 days. Scary-scary stuff.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

blingo

The only bad effect it can have is a weakening of the tendon if you have too much of it. It does work miracles though. One injection is no prob m8. glad it worked for you.

os5889

I played last night and dislocate 2 fingerich are now like the michelin man only purple while keeping a clean sheet! Managed to mess up my knee and gash them good while playing outfield today to compromise....

Sport is very bad for your health

Pata

Quote from: blingo on April 16, 2010, 06:55:41 PM
The only bad effect it can have is a weakening of the tendon if you have too much of it. It does work miracles though. One injection is no prob m8. glad it worked for you.

Just generally rather suspicious of any steroids. :)
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Pata

Quote from: os5889 on April 16, 2010, 08:09:27 PM
I played last night and dislocate 2 fingerich are now like the michelin man only purple while keeping a clean sheet! Managed to mess up my knee and gash them good while playing outfield today to compromise....

Sport is very bad for your health

"Fingersaves" have protected my fingers reasonably well over the years.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse