watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Schwarzer was man of the match today

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, November 03, 2012, 05:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

without him we would have lost by a hatful.

zzamora

Nope. Good saves yes, but put the team under pressure through his distribution.

Shocking distribution, yet again, from him.

Only 6 accurate long balls out of 21 attempted.

The King

Count Berbatov

Sure he made some good saves. But could have distributed the ball better
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

TWFL

Riether IMO was motm. Ruiz had a good game as well.

NogoodBoyo

No he most definitely wasn't....in my book, that is.
Nogood "rathering Reither, isit" Boyo

Riverside

Great saves but why the long ball distribution ?

We never win the headers up front . All 4 want the ball to the feet .

His decision or Jol's ?

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Riverside on November 03, 2012, 06:23:06 PM

His decision or Jol's ?
Good point. Should have gone over this in training
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

MJG

His decision or Jol's ?
are you serious? Why the long balls?
Did you watch how Everton played and stopped us from doing our normal play from the back. They had 3/4 players on our back four all the time. It was good tactics from Moyes. So not Jol's or Mark's decision, just the only way we could get rid of the ball.
Now saying all that it just highlighted how poor MS is at kicking the ball. One stage in the first half we had 2 players on the left (berbatov and Kaca) and mark drop kicks wide right.
He made some good saves today and showed why he's still in goal in front of Stockdale, but his vision and way of getting rid if the ball is poor.

Riverside

Quote from: MJG on November 03, 2012, 07:03:12 PM

His decision or Jol's ?
Did you watch how Everton played and stopped us from doing our normal play from the back. They had 3/4 players on our back four all the time. It was good tactics from Moyes. So not Jol's or Mark's decision, just the only way we could get rid of the ball.
Now saying all that it just highlighted how poor MS is at kicking the ball. One stage in the first half we had 2 players on the left (berbatov and Kaca) and mark drop kicks wide right.
He made some good saves today and showed why he's still in goal in front of Stockdale, but his vision and way of getting rid if the ball is poor.

Get rid of the ball is exactly what MS was doing.
My point is that we should have tried to retain it rather than get rid if it .
True was difficult to do so but should have tried more.

MJG

Quote from: Riverside on November 03, 2012, 07:10:25 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 03, 2012, 07:03:12 PM

His decision or Jol's ?

Get rid of the ball is exactly what MS was doing.
My point is that we should have tried to retain it rather than get rid if it .
True was difficult to do so but should have tried more.
rid is possibly the wrong word to use, distribute is better but as we know apart from rolling it out to H&H he can't do much else usually.

H3Matt

Schwarzer made one good save, that's it. As everyone else has already said, his distribution is poor and I see it getting worse.
I really want Jol to give Stockdale a run in goal but I can see us losing Stockdale to someone like Ipswitch on a permanent move.

JackyFulham90

Schwarzer still has a lot to offer he is a great shot stopper but I do feel maybe It's time to give Stockdale a run in the team

Max Headroom

His distribution was shocking..... Hoofing the ball to Ruiz for him to lose the ball each time (not the fault of Ruiz).....

Partly explains the 65%/35% possession stats

MOR :

cmg

I had initially considered Schwarzer to be MoM, he had at least three excellent saves which kept us in the game and generally commanded his area pretty well, apart from one horrendous 'miss' which, fortunatley, everyone else did too.

Having viewed the Sky replay a couple of times I now realize that Reither was, in fact, our best and most effective player.

However this 'Schwarzer's distibution' business has become the new black...and I don't really understand it. It has long been part of the Fulham pattern of play (in common with most other teams), when they can't think of anything better to do, to pass the ball around the back four. This, if no forward outlet becomes available, inevitably leads to a pass to the keeper. As far as I can see he then doesn't have much option other than to lump it upfield. This then, surely, becomes no better than a 50/50 option of finding a Fulham player - which itself, because such a ball is easier to defend than to use constuctively, becomes a less than 50/50 chance of retaining possession. Is it being said that Schwarzer's record in this respect is noticeably worse than other keepers? Or am I missing something (which is quite possible)?

sunburywhite

I quite agree about the pass it around bit and then if you cant find anyone give it back to the keeper who lumps it upfield. We seem to be doing a lot of that this season.

You might as well lump it upfield from the half way line. At least it should land in the opposition penalty area and we might get the knock downs

Come to think of it, that is what Everton did yesterday
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Lighthouse

I would tend to question Hughes for being muscled out of the second goal for Everton and the fact Swart was so slow and beaten on his near post. Plus Swart missed the ball when coming out on a few occasions. Good but not great anymore and not man of the match.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

zzamora

Quote from: Max Headroom on November 04, 2012, 02:52:19 PM
His distribution was shocking..... Hoofing the ball to Ruiz for him to lose the ball each time (not the fault of Ruiz).....

Partly explains the 65%/35% possession stats

Oh how times change.