more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Beer and Food - Putney

Started by graham leggat, October 29, 2012, 01:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Crud

Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 29, 2012, 09:40:12 PM
Ill have to venture further away then by the looks of it! It'll be a Sunday night as its Sunderland im coming for.

if you want an indie bar then there's the hidden gem of Project Orange in Clapham Junction. It's only small but it's not a club. If you want something more lively then head into town

MOR :

Quote from: graham leggat on October 30, 2012, 08:35:57 AM
Looks like we'll be spoilt for choice, thanks for all the responses!

I'm intrigued about the Golden Lion. Does 'acquired taste' mean it's a gay bar or rough as f***?  :49:

First trip to CC this season, so here's hoping... I'll happily eat at McDonalds and scoof cider in Bishop's Park if we get three points!

COYW
Just not a very nice establishment...stinks of urine and is very dirty, although it's packed out before and after Fulham games...

graham leggat

Had a great weekend in Fulham/Putney. Stayed at the premier inn on Putney Bridge, so started from there. The Larik before the game on Saturday was good for banter with Everton fans.

Saturday night ended up in Enotica, Italian on Putney High Street. Bit fancy for me, the wine list was 55 pages! But the other half liked it. Recommended for a special occasion, but a bit pricey for every weekend.

Sampled quite a few bars, (the description of the Golden Lion was spot on) my favourite was the Eight Bells, fine for a quiet late drink, and a very relaxed approach to drinking up time  :beer:

Good shout with the river walk from Putney to Hammersmith, that blew away the cobwebs on Sunday, and had a cuppa in the cafe at the ground along the way.

Cheers for the tips everyone, we did spread our local radar a bit and will look further afield in Putney or up towards Chelsea on the next trip. Now where's that fixture list....  :scarf:

JBH

Glad you enjoyed the trip :wine:

PLB

Quote from: Matt on October 29, 2012, 11:00:53 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on October 29, 2012, 06:22:56 PM
Food: Hudson's on Lower Richmond Road, La Mancha on Putney High Street, Preto on Putney High Street - all excellent.

Booze: The Whistle and Flute, The Bricklayers, The Rocket (lots of Fulham in there these days).

Things to do: Riverside walk down from Putney to Hammersmith, failing that, just drink and eat!

La Mancha any good, Eq? Always wondered, never tried.

I went there after reading rave reviews, and it was awful. The food was ok, and they were busy, but they didn't offer us coffee or desserts menu, just plonked the bill down on the table after clearing our mains away wihtout it being asked for. Will never eat there again.