more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

URL Shortener for Fulham fans - fulh.am

Started by TheFifty9Sound, November 06, 2012, 09:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFifty9Sound

Hello,

My name is Dean. I feel a little dirty posting an "advertisement" as my first post, but I just wanted to let you guys know about a little URL shortener I've thrown together at fulh.am
I thought you guys might get a kick out of it when sharing Fulham related stuff on twitter/facebook etc.
It's free to use and very basic, but it is what it is!

I'm actually not a Fulham fan, but I'm Australian, so Fulham has a special place in my heart because it's been Schwarzer's home for the past 4 years :)  oztralian

I also donated a few pounds to the FriendsOfFulham site as a sign of good faith, and to prove I'm not just a random.  082.gif

Enjoy!

Scrumpy

What in God's name is 'a little URL shortener' ?  092.gif Sounds like something I would find with my screwdrivers in the tool box.

...but thanks for the donation. Good man.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

The King

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Vinnieffc

If my URL gets any shorter I'll become a lady  :001:

FC Silver Fox

Welcome. We've already got a Dean (Mr Ska) but you seem far more useful. Our one is only good at fishing.  :hook:
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

mr-ska

ha ha ha   and banning people  mr FC!!!!!

Burt

sipwell

Quote from: Burt on November 07, 2012, 10:43:54 PM
Me not understand this thread...

And the mystery as to why you were made 'global moderator' has been solved  :Get Coat gif:
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

TheFifty9Sound

My apologies! Let me explain what it actually does..

Lets say you wanted to share this link on Twitter.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/11/02/3495978/fulham-ready-to-reward-martin-jol-with-offer-of-contract

Now, you only get 140 characters per tweet, so the link takes up nearly all your allotted chars. A URL shortener makes that address shorter. You may have seen people using links with bit.ly or tinyurl.com. Fulh.am does the same thing.

So you enter a long address such as..

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/11/02/3495978/fulham-ready-to-reward-martin-jol-with-offer-of-contract

And fulh.am spits out this link..

fulh.am/6

and it leads to the same place. Nice and short!

I just thought it'd be nice for people who tweet about Fulham news and such, and I thought some of those people might live here  :dft009:

LRCN

haha this is awesome mate! i know exactly what this. appreciate it man, as with the donation! will use this for fulham links from now

Count Berbatov

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

mr-ska

Thanks for the donation..  no need to feel dirty...anymore..

Burt

Quote from: sipwell on November 07, 2012, 10:55:06 PM
Quote from: Burt on November 07, 2012, 10:43:54 PM
Me not understand this thread...

And the mystery as to why you were made 'global moderator' has been solved  :Get Coat gif:

Intelligence wasn't on the job spec  :dft011:

Burt