more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff(07/11/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 07, 2012, 04:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Hangeland Update!

Having lost so many of their established stars during the summer; Fulham are in danger of losing another at the end of this season with the contract of Brede Hangeland coming to a closure this summer.

The Norwegian, now thirty-one years of age, could leave the club for free next summer, something that would be a crying shame and will also be able to negotiate an overseas move in January, under the regulations currently in force.

Brede, since arriving at Craven Cottage, has proven to be an invaluable asset, let`s hope that Martin Jol and his aides can persuade Brede to put pen-to-paper on a new deal, otherwise the player drain will, unfortunately continue.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=299028#ixzz2BVaIWXu5

WhiteJC

Fulham's Martin Jol: 'I have to tinker with strike partnership'

Fulham manager Martin Jol has admitted that he has yet to decide on a regular strike partnership.

The former Tottenham Hotspur boss has switched his forward players Dimitar Berbatov, Bryan Ruiz and Mladen Petric on occasion this season in an attempt to find a settled starting XI.

"What I felt [against] Everton is that Bryan Ruiz and Berbatov would be the best combination, but I know for a fact that Petric is one of our most gifted players, so it's not easy," London24 quotes Jol as saying. "We have to change the system to play them all."

The Cottagers travel to the Emirates to play Arsenal in the Premier League this weekend.

Read the full story on Sports Mole at: http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/news/jol-undecided-on-partnership_53488.html

WhiteJC

Dejagah hails Fulham's 'character' in draw with Everton
After Steve Sidwell's injury-time equaliser against an otherwise dominant Toffees side on Saturday, the summer signing is looking for his team to keep their heads down and push on

Fulham midfielder Ashkan Dejagah has praised his team-mates' character by coming from behind to snatch a point against Everton on Saturday.

Tim Howard made a hash of Bryan Ruiz's free kick to give the home side an early lead, before two second-half strikes from Marouane Fellaini shifted the advantage towards David Moyes' men.

However, Steve Sidwell popped up in injury time to grab a share of the points and summer signing Dejagah – who was introduced on the hour mark at the weekend – believes Fulham should take confidence from the performance against a strong Everton side.

"Everton probably should have won the game, but as we all know, football doesn't always work out like that," Ashkan told the club's official website. "I'm sure they [Everton] will consider themselves unlucky, but we've been in that same position this season, losing points when we should have taken more.

"Having conceded late goals in recent weeks, it was nice to get one for ourselves. I think it was a very important point, we worked extremely hard for it.

"Okay, at 2-1 Everton had chances to go further in front with Mark Schwarzer making two or three really good saves. But we kept pushing right until the end, and thankfully we were rewarded with a late equaliser.

"Everton are a really good side, they have been one of the best so far. They have some very good players and they made life uncomfortable for us at times.

"Some teams might have rolled over or caved in under the pressure, but we kept our heads and kept the belief that we could take something – for me, that shows a lot of character.

"We know that we can play good football, and with the spirit that we showed, that is a great mix. This team has many strengths and we want to build on what we have done so far."

Dejagah joined Fulham at the end of August and initially struggled to make his mark on Martin Jol's first-team plans, but substitute appearances in the last three games has given the former Wolfsburg man hope of impressing his boss and team-mates.

The 26-year-old is happy with his new club's start to the campaign, highlighting their close proximity to fourth-place Everton in the table, and believes Fulham's four-match unbeaten run can continue with the right attitude.

Dejagah continued: "It's just great to be out there and involved in games. It was a very difficult start for me, but thankfully that is behind me now. I feel fit and, although I probably need a few more games to catch up properly, I'm getting stronger every week.

"It's been a good couple of weeks for me, but most importantly the team has been doing well. We started the week in seventh place, which is really good. When you consider the fact we have also been a little unlucky, perhaps we could be even higher right now.

"If you look at the table, we're only two points off Everton in fourth place. But I don't think we should be too hard on ourselves because I think it's best to look at the positives. We're playing some really good football, scoring goals and getting points.

"We have good momentum at the moment and we want to keep that for as long as possible. We have some tough fixtures coming up, but in honesty, they are all difficult games in this league. I think we can do well though."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/11/06/3507661/-?

WhiteJC

Liverpool braced for hearing over 'illegal approach' for Fulham's Clint Dempsey
Liverpool are braced for a Premier League hearing to fight a charge of illegally approaching Clint Dempsey during last summer's failed bid for the former Fulham striker.

In demand: Clint Dempsey left Fulham for Tottenham rather than Liverpool Photo: REUTERS

Dempsey left Craven Cottage for Tottenham on deadline day last August despite well-documented interest from the Merseyside club.

Fulham did not drop their complaint following Dempsey's departure and are still rigorously intent on calling Liverpool to account for what they believe is a breach of the rules.

Evidence is still being assembled in the case, but Liverpool could be fined or hit with a suspended points deduction if they are unable to defend themselves against the charge.

Fulham made a formal protest to the Premier League in July after taking exception to comments by manager Brendan Rodgers, reported on Liverpool's official website, expressing interest in the striker.

There was also an embarrassing gaffe on the New England Sports Network website which erroneously claimed a deal was agreed. Although Liverpool Football Club have no editorial control over NESN, they have the same owners and a private apology was issued to the London club for the mistake.

Liverpool intend to fight any charge and are aware an investigation is ongoing, although it is understood they have not yet received any confirmation of a timescale as to when a hearing will take place.

Fulham's case will focus on the public comments released by Liverpool, which undoubtedly impacted on the Anfield club's negotiating position when it came to trying to seal a deal for the American international.

Liverpool have been called to account by the Premier League before, when they were fined for an illegal approach to Middlesbrough's Christian Ziege in 2000.

Spurs also reported Liverpool when they moved for Robbie Keane in 2008, although they dropped the complaint on completion of the £20 million sale.

In recent years, Chelsea received a three-point, suspended penalty for illegally approaching Ashley Cole.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9659834/Liverpool-braced-for-hearing-over-illegal-approach-for-Fulhams-Clint-Dempsey.html