watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hearts ask fans to stump up cash to save club

Started by epsomraver, November 07, 2012, 08:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

west kowloon white

Have you Mo's mob no-he must have my brick at home.

CH FFC

Quote from: HatterDon on November 07, 2012, 11:08:19 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on November 07, 2012, 08:24:55 PM
I've watched a few SPL matches on television over here over the past 5 years and it has always been a bit remarkable to me how empty the stands have been in nearly every match I've watched. With the exception of Rangers/Celtic.

Much like Italy's SerieA

??? joking ???
Most of Serie A is packed, it is nowhere near what it was a few years ago.  However, the fans are definitely there for many many more games than in the SPL.

Yellow Jacket

Quote from: graham leggat on November 08, 2012, 12:12:02 PM
Quote from: Yellow Jacket on November 07, 2012, 08:36:49 PM
I knew the SPL was screwed when they sent Rangers down.

Nonsense.

Firstly, rangers were not sent down by the spl clubs. They went into admin and their assets were sold so they could no longer operate. A new club has been admitted to sfl3.

Secondly, hearts' and rangers' problems were of their own making, playing fast and loose with the tax man to give themselves an advantage. Both have been found out big time.

I'm firstly an Aberdeen fan. Like most clubs we're cutting our cloth. The last 15 years have been dire, but we're still around. Fulham have been through similar.

Not saying scottish football finance or crowds are as healthy as they should be, but to suggest this is due to rangers dying is rubbish. 9 points covers 1st to 11th, most fans are enjoying the most competitive season in decades.
Yes because the SPL is flying high and it's the top league in the world, right?The Old Firm derby was THE match in the SPL. Over half of the estimated viewership of the SPL only watched the Old Firm Derby and a sizable portion of the rest only watched matches involving at least one of the Old Firm teams. I never said that they would go under. Losing Rangers is going to hurt the league. I personally only watched the Old Firm but you probably would have to pay me to watch the SPL now.

http://www.theawayend.net/articles/the-away-end-archive/1184-can-scottish-football-afford-rangers-in-the-third-tier

Some random person writes an article but the thing is that he puts up some numbers (which seems legit as I checked the source).

Riverside

Rangers went down because they were bankrupt !

SPL though like the EPL is one big Ponzi scheme - only sustainable is revenues increase - as any increase is swiftly handed out to the players who have fixed contracts.

The moment the revenues stop increasing the costs cannot be cut immediately and the pack of cards starts coming down.

Unless there are salary caps ( which work financially but sadly kill competition if it is a % if revenue ) this will happen to the EPL as well . Question is simply when .

Berserker

Quote from: whiteinedinburgh on November 08, 2012, 01:45:28 PM
As a Hearts fan from birth I can say this. It's been coming!

Countless times in the past 3 years Hearts have failed to pay their players on time, surely that sets alarm bells ringing. The club was obviously in trouble but nobody wanted to admit it.

Scottish football is on it's deathbed give it an injection now and put it out of it's mysery

One of my favourite footballing pictures was from the season when Gretna were in the SPL. Gretna were away to Dunfermilne or Inverness, I can't remember, and there is a photo of the fans behind the goal at the away end. In the entire stand there is 1 supporter. Grim

My Husband, Father in law and Brother in law will be devestated if Hearts cease to exist  :026:. I will miss going to matches when I am up in Edinburgh. I have told Mr Berserker he will have to embrace Fulham if Hearts are no more   076.gif  :scarf:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

EJL

Quote from: Yellow Jacket on November 07, 2012, 08:36:49 PM
I knew the SPL was screwed when they sent Rangers down.
Hearts have had problems for years now- thanks to Mad Vlad.

LBNo11

...I am sorry to hear the plight of the Jambos, I have watched out for their results in the SPL, since the Hearts fans got together to make a nice donation to the Johnny Haynes statue as the great man was a season ticket holder whilst he lived in Edinburgh. I hope they get rid of another rich lunatic who another football authority has considered fit and proper (aka they have loads of ill gotten gains to use as sweeteners). Good luck the Heart Of The Midlothian FC, lang may yer lum reek...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

Quote from: CH FFC on November 08, 2012, 04:09:42 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on November 07, 2012, 11:08:19 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on November 07, 2012, 08:24:55 PM
I've watched a few SPL matches on television over here over the past 5 years and it has always been a bit remarkable to me how empty the stands have been in nearly every match I've watched. With the exception of Rangers/Celtic.

Much like Italy's SerieA

??? joking ???
Most of Serie A is packed, it is nowhere near what it was a few years ago.  However, the fans are definitely there for many many more games than in the SPL.

Well, perhaps, but every "highlight" I see for clubs that aren't Inter, Milan, Juve, or Roma shows that the majority of Italian fans come to the park disguiged as empty seats. Even former "big clubs" like Torino, Udinese, and Atalanta can't draw 20,000.

And that's not only for SerieA matches, but also for European competitions.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

whiteinedinburgh

We (Jambos) need to scrape toether £2 million by the end of the season to stay in business. For all the good Vlad has done us, mainly two Scottish Cups since he took over, the bad is far more prominent. It never seemed like he EVER had any intention of making money from football. Hearts have had 9 managers in 7 years! None of them have had control over what players' started a game or what players were brought in. It's been a constant pantomime with his 'Football Mafia' chat too!

It's been an experience Mr Romanov, but kindly, please leave.

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 09, 2012, 08:49:57 PM
...I am sorry to hear the plight of the Jambos, I have watched out for their results in the SPL, since the Hearts fans got together to make a nice donation to the Johnny Haynes statue as the great man was a season ticket holder whilst he lived in Edinburgh. I hope they get rid of another rich lunatic who another football authority has considered fit and proper (aka they have loads of ill gotten gains to use as sweeteners). Good luck the Heart Of The Midlothian FC, lang may yer lum reek...

I think Johnny Haynes had his accident on Dalry Road which leads onto Gorgie Road to Tynecastle. Actually just had a read of an old post on Jambos Kickback about the funding of the statue. Some commenting that he became a regular on the terraces at Tynecastle. Quite nice. I never knew that.  065.gif