watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov only on 50k

Started by zzamora, November 10, 2012, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

United are part funding his wages, because they were so keen to get him off the wage bill according to the Sweeper.

Also suggests he rejected much more lucrative spurs offer because he wanted to play for Jol so much.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/11/10/3516415/the-sweeper-sagna-rejected-arsenal-vice-captaincy

fulhamben

i dont believe for one minute that man u are part funding his wages. he had better options so why would they allow it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SaltfordWhite

I can't believe that load of tripe for a single, solitary second.

manxman

"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Jamie88

I'm getting the feeling that everyone thinks this is  load of rubbish?  :011:

manxman

Quote from: Jamie88 on November 10, 2012, 11:36:07 AM
I'm getting the feeling that everyone thinks this is  load of rubbish?  :011:

What gave it away ? haha
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

epsomraver

Interesting bit below that nonsense  that re Reed and his role in the problems at Southampton

edit] Fulham

Reed was linked with a consultancy role helping Northern Ireland boss Lawrie Sanchez, who approached him after a League Managers' Association meeting at West Bromwich Albion in February 2007.[10] He had been considering consultancy roles with the football associations of Turkey and Latvia, and he revealed that he could return to Charlton in an overseas development role.[10] After a period advising the Football Association of Ireland, he became first-team coach at Fulham in April 2007, where he helped the club retain their league position at the expense of Charlton. In June 2007 he was appointed Director of Football at Fulham, notably recruiting Chris Smalling from non-league football, later to be sold for an estimated 12 million pounds to Manchester United.

LRCN

it's very common actually, so don't be suprised if it's true

michaelread

i heard that we got him at a reduced transfer fee, so that we could put the extra into his wages. THATS how united are "paying part of his wages" by taking some money off of his transfer, means that we can use what we WOULD have spent into his wages.

idk, i just heard that.

fulhamben

Quote from: michaelread on November 10, 2012, 12:47:02 PM
i heard that we got him at a reduced transfer fee, so that we could put the extra into his wages. THATS how united are "paying part of his wages" by taking some money off of his transfer, means that we can use what we WOULD have spent into his wages.

idk, i just heard that.
once again though they already excepted bids fro juve and flori so why would they do that

PaulJ123

to sum up, he was just a bargain whatever we paid!  dbf

michaelread

Quote from: fulhamben on November 10, 2012, 01:02:41 PM

idk, i just heard that.
once again though they already excepted bids fro juve and flori so why would they do that

because they probably don't care about another million dollars in the scheme of things. They probably accepted all bids, and left it at that. Fulham probably sent over a 5m pound bid and they just said yes to it.

Senior Supporter

idk, i just heard that.

Presumably because the player declined joining either of those clubs.

michaelread

Quote from: Senior Supporter on November 10, 2012, 01:45:20 PM

idk, i just heard that.

pretty much. I'd say the likely scenario is that juve, fiorentina and us put in bids and they were all accepted, doesn't mean the bids were all the same.

fulhamben

Quote from: michaelread on November 10, 2012, 01:51:51 PM

idk, i just heard that.

pretty much. I'd say the likely scenario is that juve, fiorentina and us put in bids and they were all accepted, doesn't mean the bids were all the same.
and it certainly doesnt mean that they subsided our bid.

michaelread

Quote from: fulhamben on November 10, 2012, 02:34:15 PM
Quote from: michaelread on November 10, 2012, 01:51:51 PM

idk, i just heard that.

and it certainly doesnt mean that they subsided our bid.
never said they did? Incase I didn't articulate it right, I am saying that I was under the impression that they took a smaller bid, because we wouldnt have been able to afford his wages AND the asking fee, and they wanted him gone/didnt mind us paying a mill less than they wanted.

MJG

What ever he is on is not enough. CLASS