watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Headed goals

Started by F(f)CUK, November 12, 2012, 01:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

Can anybody remember seeing a headed goal from further out than Alex Kacaniklic's (not on TV, but live - as I think Alan Clarke scored a goal from edge of penalty area for Leeds many years back).  Remember the goal was just beyond the penalty spot.  I think Brian McBride's headed goal versus Everton might have been further out and I would expect a Roger Brown goal could be from further out.

fulhamben

sure shearer got one against us from nearly the edge of the box
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

mr-ska

Andy Carrols header at the European Championship was a fair way out. Kaca's header was superb.

ffctom_b

Brian McBride against Utd at Old Trafford was from edge of Penalty Area if I remember rightly
twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

costarican white

Martin Palermo from almost the midfield... ok ok I know it's no Fulham related but you have to admit it was great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg3UNDVYvT4#
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

Lighthouse

Didn't Chris Guthrie score one from the edge of the area? Or am I reliving my drug fuelled dreams again?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

twang

McBride also scored a looping header into the far corner against Villa (his second that match, we scored three in total IIRC) from a decent distance.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 12, 2012, 04:54:39 PM
Didn't Chris Guthrie score one from the edge of the area? Or am I reliving my drug fuelled dreams again?
Yep they 'featured' the goal on the big match, I think...

F(f)CUK

Obviously there are going to be a few headers from distance, but they are not common. I bet none of those mentioned bounced before going in.

This brings me to my point - would you have been happy to have conceded that goal? It may have been well placed but it did not have blistering pace.

The King

Quote from: FF(C)UK on November 12, 2012, 05:35:23 PMThis brings me to my point - would you have been happy to have conceded that goal? It may have been well placed but it did not have blistering pace.

No, I would have crucified Schwarzer for conceding a goal like that. It was well placed but it really should have been saved. Mannone is a bit of a joke in goal and I think a fit Szczesny would have most likely saved it.

keith

I think Gordon Davies did lateEighties at home to Notts County,i think?.

mr-ska

Chris Guthrie against Sunderland  2-2  - 1978

Burt

That Palermo one is a bit special...

jarv

Derek Johnstone for Scotland, a bullit header from the edge of the box. In the 70s.