watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who would benefit/improve in the team from the presence of such a class

Started by FFCfan, November 11, 2012, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

Cheers Lakey. You talk good sense.   Good thread this with some interesting points of view.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

RidgeRider

Quote from: costarican white on November 12, 2012, 03:41:58 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on November 12, 2012, 03:22:55 PM
I'm too busy worrying about what we'll do if Berbatov gets injured and has to miss 5 or 6 matches on the trot. I hate to think where we'd be without his contributions this season.

I'm always concerned when there's only one player keeping us from a relegation battle.

I believe I disagree HD, I'm aware of Berba's contribution to our current good position, but in terms of relegation battle we should have enough to survive without him, we might not exceed expectations that's for sure, but we are good enough to stay away from the bottom.

Having said that, thanks Jol we have Berba!!

I do as well. While I agree Berba is a cut above the others, if he were to go down, we have Petric and Dave to fill in which is not a relegation battle step down. Petric and Dave have already proven they can score at this level.

aussierod

Quote from: fulhamben on November 11, 2012, 12:40:28 PM
Quote from: FFCfan on November 11, 2012, 12:20:44 PM

However, what they all can learn from Berbatov is that the grass is green enough at Fulham !!

Spot on!  Great post. No more "fulhamish" its time to turn the page. If we can reach European spot this season I think we all can see Fulham going into different category.

we still need some serious investment from mo. back 5 are extremily old with no real cover. and midfield in the center can be weak espeically when you see that diarra can walk at the end of the season as can petric
[/quote]
whilst I agree that we should begin looking at investing in the back 5, to say we have no real cover is wrong in my opinion.  We currently have Stockdale as our #2 'keeper, we've Kelly as stand in RB, Briggs, Richardson and Duff can all play LB, with Senderos and Baird able to cover the CB positions.

So whilst I agree in part that I'd like us to look to improve on our current back 5, it would only be to dislodge the current CB's and GK. That being said, currently those 3 players still ain't half bad at all, which just shows how far we've come as a club in the last 3yrs, ie looking to replace such quality players with players made of even more.

My key signing in Jan would still be a top CM though, the rest can wait until summer
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

A Humble Man

It is so exciting to be a Fulham supporters now I cannot remember when we have had such a penetrative attack.  All the the players must learn for the way top players do things and the confidence they exude.

There was a lot of doom and gloom when Murphy, Etuhu, Dempsey and Dembele left, but who misses them now.   
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I'm too busy worrying about what we'll do if Berbatov gets injured and has to miss 5 or 6 matches on the trot. I hate to think where we'd be without his contributions this season.

I'm always concerned when there's only one player keeping us from a relegation battle.

Hatter...............Well I thought it was  funny  064.gif
Laugh ??????..........................I almost lost a  tooth  innit !!!

FFCfan

Quote from: A Humble Man on November 12, 2012, 05:07:22 PM
It is so exciting to be a Fulham supporters now I cannot remember when we have had such a penetrative attack.  All the the players must learn for the way top players do things and the confidence they exude.

There was a lot of doom and gloom when Murphy, Etuhu, Dempsey and Dembele left, but who misses them now.   

Well said. Some of our current players have been champions as well. The wining mentality is at our disposal. Isn't it great to have great characters in the team?

Riverside

So you missed the Norwich match and ore season ? The Ruiz / Petric combination looked v good to me !

A Humble Man

Quote from: KCat on November 12, 2012, 10:25:31 PM

Hatter...............Well I thought it was  funny  064.gif
Laugh ??????..........................I almost lost a  tooth  innit !!!

Good point I cannot remember when we have had such a strong looking bench.
We Are Fulham, Believe.