watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Prem Player Paying Protection Money

Started by White Noise, April 17, 2010, 08:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Just listening to a piece on The World Service where a South London gang member was saying his gang forces a lad who grew up in their neighbourhood and is now a Prem player to pay £15,00 every two to three months to stop them putting him in hospital. A chap who used to provide security to Beckham said extortion of this sort has been going on for a while, particularly in the North.
The player in question grew up in South London and plays for a London Prem club. I wonder who that could be?

leonffc

Anton Ferdinand (just a guess). It was the first name that sprung to mind.

Interesting thought though that it goes on a lot. But a lot of footballers seem to have links to gangsters. Steven Gerrard was named in a case not so long ago where he draughted a ganster in

FatFreddysCat

Wasn't it rumoured that Blackburn net no23  had to leave Fulham because he was in some sort of trouble with his yardie mates? Anton Ferdinand and his London club Sunderland  :032:

PokerMatt

Gotta be someone from West Ham/ one of their ex-players - isn't Scott Parker a Charlton lad?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Tktd

Hmmm interesting one - the player could easily just talk to the police, but then he probably doesn't know how big the gang is, but if they're a gang they'd never know if they got arrested why they were getting arrested - could be for numerous things.

Londons a lot darker then you would ever imagine - A mate of mine said his friend got targeted by a gang however long ago. Apparently he got acid chucked in his face and is now blind in one eye - it's apparently an initiation technique to a gang. Shootings the lot, it's also very cheap to get someone bust up in London or even killed.

I remember when I was about 12/13 and where I used to live I was friends with some of the local kids, one day went out to meet them and got on with them (it had been a while) after a few mroe catch up sessions on the road, we got talking about burglaries going on down the street, they said that if anyone hurt my family or stole from them that I should let them know and they'd find out who it was and "sort it out"... Price for broken limbs is apparently a couple of hundred and kill someone is £1,000 or so. I was pretty shocked at the time that kids my age or younger were so relaxed about it, buti spose it's just whatever circles you're born into...!?

Jimpav

Wouldn't be much use if it was AJ he is injured enough already.

Maybe this is why Smalling is moving up North?!

Tom

Quote from: Jimpav on April 17, 2010, 11:21:37 AM
Wouldn't be much use if it was AJ he is injured enough already.

lol!!!  :005:
Fulham for life!