watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Filth or Scum?

Started by OldSchool76, November 12, 2012, 04:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSchool76

When referring to Chelsea is this an age related thing? Looking back I always remember Chelsea being called The Filth.

FC Silver Fox

Not sure its always been like that. I remember when people used to go to Fulham one week and Stamford Bridge the next. They always had a preference for one or other of the teams though. There was far less football on TV in those days. I think the only live football was the FA cup final.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Lighthouse

Chelsea were always the big flash buggers down the road. I never hated them just disliked them and have known fans and dare I say had relatives who supported them. They have always been ChelSCUM but until recently always way out of our league. As FC SilverFox says many fans went there one week and little ol us the next. So never really bought in to the hatred.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

OldSchool76

I am not of the generation whereby it was Fulham one week Chelsea the next but I was around in the late 70s and early 80s when there thugs were in the Hammersmith End. Playing at home to Chelsea just felt unsafe, I know its a very long time ago but I still hate Chelsea and thats where it started for me.

SG

Lighthouse

Quote from: OldSchool76 on November 12, 2012, 04:40:11 PM
I am not of the generation whereby it was Fulham one week Chelsea the next but I was around in the late 70s and early 80s when there thugs were in the Hammersmith End. Playing at home to Chelsea just felt unsafe, I know its a very long time ago but I still hate Chelsea and thats where it started for me.

Yes I remember that. When they went down Fulham High Street smashing shop windows. When they beat us 5-3 at the Cottage a couple of yobs in front of me tried to pick a fight. I had my elderly Dad with me and Sister as well. So that's how brave they were. So I told them to go wait outside the ground in so many words. Thank God they didn't wait. My Old Dad and Sister would have killed them. Yobbish for sure. But then many fans were in those days. Even had a frackas with Carlisle fans on the Underground in those days so every club had them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Don't call them either.

Must be a generation thing  092.gif

HatterDon

As I prefer to create my own nicknames, I usually refer to Chelsea as The Undead. At one point I used a phrase which LBno11 adjusted to read: "Knuckle-dragging players of the pink oboe." I despise that franchise. How much? There will NEVER be any Samsung products in my home, for example. [while my cell phone and my TV are made by LG]

I don't have nearly the same disgust for QPR as I do Chelsea.  Should Terry and Lampard every transfer to Loftus Road, however, things could change.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on November 12, 2012, 06:45:55 PM
As I prefer to create my own nicknames, I usually refer to Chelsea as The Undead. At one point I used a phrase which LBno11 adjusted to read: "Knuckle-dragging players of the pink oboe." I despise that franchise. How much? There will NEVER be any Samsung products in my home, for example. [while my cell phone and my TV are made by LG]

I don't have nearly the same disgust for QPR as I do Chelsea.  Should Terry and Lampard every transfer to Loftus Road, however, things could change.

Don't quite understand NEVER be any Samsung products in your home, WHY, sorry mate seems a bit silly to me
I have a Samsung Tv and it's the best i have ever had, could not care less they sponsor Chelsea.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

LBNo11

...I am of a generation that went to both grounds, (as well a Griffin Park - and Loftus Rod when you could see the school playground of the school end), and as those who have heard the story before know I dislike most (not all) fans of the dark side. In my yoof they were the filth, in recent years they have become the scum.

PS: Sorry alfie, I will not have anything to do with the dark side in the house - so that includes any Samsung products as it would feel to me that I am funding/aiding the success of the other team in SW6. Even my wife's most recent car was available in pale green or blue, and she told the salesman that he husband won't buy anything blue, so she chose the pale green one - no wonder I love her..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Travers Barney

LB my wife is the same...her anti Chelsea stance is worse than ever of late..must be a married on  25/08/84 thing.

coyw
We are the whites

Mr_Moon

Just refer to them as Chelsea.

That's insulting enough.

Burt

"That lot down the road".

the cyprus one

Burt

Now now Mr Cyprus, lets keep the lingo clean... We do have the occasional young and impressionable visitor (like Burt Jr)!

LBNo11

...to be fair though Burt that may not be so much an insult as a statement of fact regarding many of their fans...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC