watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Okaka deal back on I see

Started by Yarden, January 28, 2010, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yarden

Good news! We really need a new striker.

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5890557,00.html

Fulham resurrect Okaka deal

Roma forward to fly into London to discuss deal

Last updated: 28th January 2010   

Skysports.com has learned Fulham's move for Roma striker Stefano Okaka has been resurrected.

The talented 20-year-old striker looked all set to switch to Craven Cottage on a loan deal earlier this month, only for the move to break down.

Fulham had been keen to land the player to cover for the then injured Bobby Zamora but while the in-form striker has since returned, Clint Dempsey has picked up a serious injury.

Cottagers boss Roy Hodgson has always retained an interest in Okaka and is keen to seal his services in a deal until the end of the season.

Skysports.com understands the player is to jet in to London on Thursday night in an attempt to thrash out the finer details of the move.

Roma are open to the idea of Okaka moving to West London in pursuit of first-team football and it does now look as though a deal could be struck.

White Noise

One thing I like about this is lad is he is a bit hard to quantify as a player - a bit of an unknown.

Too many players come to us already marked down and often written off before they have kicked a ball but this lad is so young and inexperienced he could be great or he could be dire.

Worth a punt with a bit of the Smalling money I think.

os5889

Will it happen? Whta you guys think? Seems like the press may be mischieviously trying to make it seem like we have an interest in a player we have moved on from.

Lighthouse

I really do not think Okaka is the answer to any question we might have. Another bench warmer. If it is on again then must be viewed as a panic loan after Smalling provided some dosh. We didn't want Okaka before because his club wanted too much money for the loan. So what has changed? At best cover for Kamara and BZ.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bobby01

I thought the deal was only on because they bought Luca Toni, as he is now injured for 6 weeks i find it hard to believe the deal is ressurected. I for one was not that impressed with him in the 2 games against us.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

JBH

I will believe it when its on the Fulham website and not before!

Sky Sports understands actually translates to

" 2 Blokes down the boozer said that Okaka to Fulham is back on, my mate who is a baggage handler at Gatwick said he saw a suit case unloaded from the flight from Rome that had his name on it!" and one of Skys informants was in the same pub.  ::)

WhiteJC

Quote from: JBH on January 28, 2010, 03:26:09 PM
I will believe it when its on the Fulham website and not before!

Sky Sports understands actually translates to

" 2 Blokes down the boozer said that Okaka to Fulham is back on, my mate who is a baggage handler at Gatwick said he saw a suit case unloaded from the flight from Rome that had his name on it!" and one of Skys informants was in the same pub.  ::)

or...

sky can't find out why the deal "fell through" so they say its back on so they can try to find out why it didn't happen?

clintclintdeuce

this guy can play, please let this be true. BZ + SO = GOALZOS
The Dude abides.