News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else think our asbo neighbours could win the title today?

Started by Jimpav, April 17, 2010, 11:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Pains me to say it but if results go their way then the squatters will be home and dry.

Another two horse race comes to an end. Yawn.

finnster01

Quote from: Jimpav on April 17, 2010, 11:59:55 AM
Pains me to day it but if results go their way then the squatters will be home and dry.

Another two horse race comes to an end. Yawn.

It is pretty sad. You are so right about that Mr Jimpav. In fact, it is so sad I find myself shouting for Man U every year at this hour. This time I think Chelsea already has it though. Imagine we hadn't been in Europe? This would have been such a boring season. What are we going to watch the next 4 weeks? Even the relegation fight isn't all that interesting this season. I guess the only thing to watch out for is the race for 4th spot.

Dull, dull, dull  :019: Bring on Hamburg  :045: :045:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

finnster01

And you know what else is wrong?

As a result of Sky stealing the league from the fans, Chelsea (and Spurs) will know the results well before their game kick off. At this stage of the league, all games should start at the same time, just like the last game in the group stages in the WC etc.

It borderlines messing with the integrity of the competition in my book.

Jimpav

To true Finn, I think we would have been muscled out of the race for 7th by Villa and Everton so if we didn't have the Europa road show to entertain us we would have had a fairly dull season.

I think Citeh will clinch 4th unless Spurs can get one over on Chelski. Even if they draw today they could have a two point lead.

Looking forward to Hamburg aready!

It's a beautiful day in London though. Clear blue skies and warming up. looking forward to the pre-match ales more than the actual game today!

Jimpav

I fully agree. I know you can't help the way the fixtures fall but if Chelski see Man U lose today then there is every chance that they will take their fott of the gas and sneak the Spurs into 4th place.

Ppppha! What can you do?!

finnster01

Quote from: Jimpav on April 17, 2010, 12:17:14 PM

It's a beautiful day in London though. Clear blue skies and warming up. looking forward to the pre-match ales more than the actual game today!

Now you are making me real jealous...

Here in New York it is grey, overcast, looking to rain at some point and cold on top...No standing in a garden with a Fullers for me today.. :035: 

Lighthouse

I do not have any strong feelings for either Manure or the Scum. Whomsoever wins they are so distant in terms of market value and support as we are to a Conference side. On the other hand Spuds may win today whatever happens and I am no fan of theirs either. There is only one real Prem at it starts at number 5 and works downwards.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

Fulham for life!

timmyg

Quote from: finnster01 on April 17, 2010, 12:15:18 PM
And you know what else is wrong?

As a result of Sky stealing the league from the fans, the dark side (and Spurs) will know the results well before their game kick off. At this stage of the league, all games should start at the same time, just like the last game in the group stages in the WC etc.

It borderlines messing with the integrity of the competition in my book.

I disagree, but only because I'm used to games occurring at different times of the day and results being known before kickoff/tipoff/whatever. So I don't see how it messes with the integrity or effects the play.

But I will admit that yes, aside from our amazing feats in Europe, this season has been the dullest in memory. There's a title race going on now but whoopie, it's between Chelsea and United -- two teams that win it every year any way. The relegation battle is a bore and hasn't changed since mid-February.

I suppose Tottenham and City battling for fourth spot is newsworthy, but it seems everyone forgets they still have to play a CL qualifying match -- ask Everton how that worked out.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Tom

chelsuck lose!!!  :011: :005: :54: Like I said fcuk chelsuck!
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

Jimpav

Pleasant afternoon spent at the cottage. Title race could go to the last day now. I love it when the dark side lose!

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 17, 2010, 08:08:23 PM
Quote from: Tom on April 17, 2010, 07:46:45 PM
chelsuck lose!!!  :011: :005: :54: Like I said fcuk chelsuck!
Quality  :54:
Absolutely Freddy! Hate your rival or you really aren't a true fan.  :54:
Fulham for life!