watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham vs Sunderland match thread

Started by FFCfan, November 18, 2012, 02:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theotherdembele

Cant blame the lads for todays result, we got done in by the ref *coughs "w@nk@* and deserved to get something out the game even with a man down and at some points 2 men down.

Sunderland are a joke...and i still cant be a fan of sidwell but ive had enough of complaining, and nice to see petric come on and play well. Senderos was awful needs games, but a liability and hopefully hanga's red gets rescinded on appeal.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FulhamPHX on November 18, 2012, 05:35:18 PM
Way too many touches on that one Sidwell.

+1. One touch then finish it in the bottom corner. He's got no confidence in front of goal. I'd like to see a goalscoring midfielder brought in the window, along with a centre back. Top 6 is definitely within our reach.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FulhamPHX on November 18, 2012, 05:25:20 PM
Has a nasty cut from Cuellar getting him late on the goal.
Should be a yellow for me. Not surprising it wasn't. We got nothing at all from the ref.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: God The Mechanic on November 18, 2012, 05:58:55 PM
Fulham absolutely dominated Sunderland.  I'd be pretty embarrassed by the performance as a Sunderland fan, but they got the 3 points.

More performances like that will result in wins, simple as.

Although the biggest concern is the players missing now.  Hangeland for 3 games, Ruiz and Kaca for who knows how long.  Again, just as Ruiz was starting to look dangerous regularly he gets injured.  Real shame.

They will not  be ashamed .....they are used to thugs and ugly barstools

Lighthouse

Not concerned about today which was just bad luck with injury and the sending off. But am concerned about the problems with the injured players which with a small squad is always going to be a problem. But today was pleased how we kept having a go at them.

Poor luck and some poor judgement but far from upset with the performance of our players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Enter the Frei

20 shots to 11, conceded one goal with 11 men on the pitch and two on the counter one of which was a worldie. I'm angry yes but not worried by the game bar the injuries we picked up (didn't look too serious?) and Brede's suspension.

RoyTund

Cattermole says they deserved the win.  utter rubbish.  

Ordar

The only thing that worries me is that we have some tough games coming up and the table below us is very tight. A couple losses and we could plummet down the league, which could dent everyone's confidence.

We're playing well but we've only won one game in 7 (I think)

grandad

Quote from: RoyTund on November 18, 2012, 06:10:40 PM
Cattermole says they deserved the win.  utter rubbish.  
If that performance gives them confidence they have no chance.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RoyTund

lets hope kaka and ruiz are ok.  No chance of the red card being reversed I'm afraid.

grandad

The more I see the Brede incident the more I see it as a fair challenge for a 50/50 ball. His feet were on the ground when he made contact with the ball. As John Collins said , in his day it would have been regarded as a good tackle.
Where there's a will there's a wife

jarv

great effort. Got seriously done by appalling referee. A bit concerned about some negative comments re: Sidwell. he gave his all today. he was definitley worth his place and covered a lot of ground. OK, he has a few bad touches but so do many others.
We have a great home record and go and lose to one of the worst teams in the division.....that sucks. That's football I suppose.

Mr Fulham

At 11v11, the real contest, they were a disgrace to football. Undeserved victory is a bit harsh, but at least we gave them a good run for their money. We should've nicked it though, we had too many men forward and they were decent on the counters. Fletcher killed us. The rest was very average.

Petric and Sidwell should've scored.

Berserker

god Stoke next week, hope we don't pick up more injuries from their dirty play
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fulham_Surrey

we could have won this game even with 9 men. we missed too many chances. the problem of berba playing in the midfield, in Ruiz's spot, is that we are missing his finishing. Neither Petric nor Rodallega are clinical finishers nor Sidwell either and that cost us today.

Count Berbatov

Does anyone have a link to Jol post match interview?
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Fernhurst

Quote from: ron on November 18, 2012, 06:02:11 PM
It is, (and always has been since I was first taken to games in the '50's) the first duty of you as a supporter of this great club to endure the frustration of matches like that.
It may be paranoid to suggest that they seem to come along more often for clubs like ours, but rest assured the club chose you as a supporter to rise above the exasperation, and be stronger to celebrate the good times.  

Oh Ron - plus one, plus one
Every single game brings the familiar dread- no, too strong a word, maybe nervousness. This is ingrained after 50 years of watching the fates gang up on us so, so often.
Horrible feeling regarding this game which proved depressingly correct.
A little run of draws and a game we are expected to win.

It's the same with almost but not quite transfer arrangements- we are frustrated at losing a player of Dembele's quality but I felt the same when Mullary went to Spurs.

I just dribble at thought of a Midfield that might of been this season.

Ah well.... Reach for the cloak of dissappointment .... Again!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

St Eve

Quote from: The Moose on November 18, 2012, 05:59:56 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on November 18, 2012, 05:41:28 PM
I've had enough of Senderos.. I'd much prefer Burn or Grimmer given a chance, he is soo useless!

Give him a break, he's been out for a long time.
No break for Senderos. He is a liability. Ship him out along with Sidwell

TWFL

Quote from: St Eve on November 18, 2012, 08:15:10 PM
Quote from: The Moose on November 18, 2012, 05:59:56 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on November 18, 2012, 05:41:28 PM
I've had enough of Senderos.. I'd much prefer Burn or Grimmer given a chance, he is soo useless!

Give him a break, he's been out for a long time.
No break for Senderos. He is a liability. Ship him out along with Sidwell
Senderos is a class act and is mistakingly viewed as being a liability. Yes he has a couple of dodgy moments but his distribution is twice as good as Hughes, he's got speed, heading ability and can obviously tackle. I'd personally prefer him starting.