News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

the subtlety of Gera and Murphy, brilliant.

Started by jarv, April 17, 2010, 11:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

OK, today was not the greatest game, I caught the 2nd half on my computer. The creative passing of Gera and Murphy was brilliant. Shame they are both the wrong side of 30. Despite the lack of opportunities, I thought there was some good stuff on show. Another fine performance by the lads.

FatFreddysCat

Unfortunately i think Murphs legs are finally going (Gera seems very fit) but he is still the best killer passer in the team. I'd like to see O'Hara signed (as would most) and Murphy stay as a bit part player next season.

jarv

Would like to see Joe Cole replace him but WAY too much money no doubt. I think he could rediscover his old form at Fulham (under RH guidance) cos he is definitely not as good as he was (at west ham).
Chelsea, the ruin of many a good player!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: jarv on April 17, 2010, 11:29:13 PM
Would like to see Joe Cole replace him but WAY too much money no doubt. I think he could rediscover his old form at Fulham (under RH guidance) cos he is definitely not as good as he was (at west ham).
the dark side, the ruin of many a good player!
Not a hope in hell, i think he's moaning that Darkside aren't paying him enough, so we have no chance. Probably end up at Citeh next season.

ScalleysDad

on balance though is the occassional killer pass from Murpy balanced out by the poor decisions, the niggling tackles and the woeful lack of form. I'm certain his vulnerabilities and Konch being all over the place, except where he should be, puts extra pressure on Etuhu and H & H. Dire fare dished up today and along with others sat around us why no sign of Okaka to give the exceptional Craddock something to think about, Digashoo on for Murphy and where on earth is Shorey.

Have to hand it to Gera though.......................... 

Logicalman

Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 17, 2010, 11:55:02 PM
on balance though is the occassional killer pass from Murpy balanced out by the poor decisions, the niggling tackles and the woeful lack of form. I'm certain his vulnerabilities and Konch being all over the place, except where he should be, puts extra pressure on Etuhu and H & H. Dire fare dished up today and along with others sat around us why no sign of Okaka to give the exceptional Craddock something to think about, Digashoo on for Murphy and where on earth is Shorey.

:045: :045: :045: :045:

Exactly right concerning Murphy. It's unfortunate to say but today was one of his better games of the recent past, at least his foul(ups) didn't lead to a goal against us - this time.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 17, 2010, 11:55:02 PM

On balance though is the talking and guidance of easily the best brain in the team not worth keeping if it gets an extra 10% out of the other players around him. As someone who's played a lot of football, i can understand a player who might be playing poorly, still make the others around him seem like World beaters. As i said his legs seem to be going , and with that sloppy passers and mistimed tackles will creep in, but he's still a class act. One more season for Murphy.

FatFreddysCat

One last thought. If it comes down to pens in Hamburg (for the final of course) who would you most like taking the final deciding penalty? (my God i hope that doesn't come back to haunt me).

Tom

How much longer do we have Gera and Murphy under contract for? I think Murphy is good for one more season and Gera has many more seasons left in him. Plus Gera works nicely with Bobby.
Fulham for life!