News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Twatter rumours that Mark Hughes has been sacked as QPR manager.

Started by Walsh, November 19, 2012, 07:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sheepskin

If, and it's a big if, they have sacked Mr Ambition today, then I humbly propose that they replace him with Lawrie Sanchez.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

tomcolemanfry

And this why people shouldn't pre-ejaculate over something they see on twitter! Hughes will be in charge for a little bit longer yet. Villa at home or Wigan away will be his last game.. then a new manager will come in for the 15th December and will get their first win of the season.

Jack Fulham

F(f)CUK

Logicalman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20404686

Mark Hughes still QPR manager after meeting with chief executive

Queens Park Rangers boss Mark Hughes remains in charge of the Premier League strugglers following a meeting with chief executive Philip Beard.
Reports claimed the ex-Wales boss had been sacked after the pair met at the Hoops' training ground on Monday.

Hughes is under pressure with winless QPR sitting bottom having taken four points from their opening 12 games.
But his representative Kia Joorabchian told BBC Sport: "These rumours are not true at all."
And Ian Taylor, the club's head of media and communications, tweeted: "Rumours suggesting Mark Hughes has been sacked as QPR manager tonight (Monday) are not true."

Hughes, 49, did not take training on Monday, but Taylor insisted this was not unusual, as the players were only taking part in a light session.

The Welshman, who has also managed Blackburn, Manchester City and Fulham, insisted he would not resign from his job following Saturday's 3-1 home defeat by fellow strugglers Southampton.
Some fans demanded his sacking during and after the loss, which leaves QPR five points adrift of safety.

Chairman Tony Fernandes has continued to publicly back Hughes, who he appointed in January to replace sacked predecessor Neil Warnock. After the Southampton game, the Malaysian said he was "gutted" by the result.

Winger Junior Hoilett, who was signed by Hughes from former side Blackburn in the summer, insists everyone at the west London club must stick together.

"Everybody in the dressing room was hugely disappointed with the result," he said.
"We're all really disappointed and frustrated with how things are going at the moment, but we will work hard to put it right.

"I can understand the fans' frustrations. We're as frustrated as they are because we want to change this around and climb the table. We've got to stick together as a team."

JohnKovacs

Quote from: Kell on November 19, 2012, 07:37:57 PM
Harry will go in and spend all the money

the money has already been spent...... :005: :005: :005:

FC Silver Fox

In my opinion, the only reason he is still there is that it would cost milllions to get rid of him and his cronies. Assistant to Mark Hughes must be a wonderful job. He screws up every months and you get fired with a large payout (it is alleged).
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Horse

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on November 20, 2012, 01:50:27 AM
In my opinion, the only reason he is still there is that it would cost milllions to get rid of him and his cronies. Assistant to Mark Hughes must be a wonderful job. He screws up every months and you get fired with a large payout (it is alleged).

Well how much will getting relegated cost them - a bit more then Hughes' salary (it is alleged).

A Humble Man

He only has a two and half year contract but at a very high rate, but a pay off would be less than the cost of relegation.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

whiteburp

for a moment lets remember the player MH was.i remember liking this quiet introverted man who held his own with the influx of top european strikers and applauded his highly distinguished career as a player.True FFC cannot remember him fondly.Now with his managerial career beyond repair and lost many friends in the game my hopes are he walks from mangment and after time people will forget and he will only be rememberd as the player he was.

cmg

Quote from: whiteburp on November 22, 2012, 03:27:09 PM
for a moment lets remember the player MH was.i remember liking this quiet introverted man who held his own with the influx of top european strikers and applauded his highly distinguished career as a player.True FFC cannot remember him fondly.Now with his managerial career beyond repair and lost many friends in the game my hopes are he walks from mangment and after time people will forget and he will only be rememberd as the player he was.

Well I don't quite remember him as quiet and introverted ('hard and ruthless' would be the adjectives that spring to my mind) but I certainly agree that he was a very fine player, probably the only real star player among PL managers until Laudrup tuned up, and deserving of the greatest respect for that. It's a pity his image is now tainted.

...But that is the decision these guys make and you could say the same for many other former stars. I've mentioned before what a fine pair of CBs Hansen and Lawrenson made. It pains me that Jimmy Greaves is now remembered by many as a fat, bald somewhat bitter ex-drunk with a comic moustache rather than the greatest British goal-scorer of modern times. Souness and Wilkins, just to choose two at random, were both fine players but became garbage managers and have now settled for being turgid cliché-mongers. And let us not start on the contrast between Alan Shearer as a player and as a...whatever it is he is trying to do now.

I suppose it's the money that counts in the end. "It's a losing proposition, but one you can't refuse."

filham

Best for all concerned to give Hughes his last chance at Old Traford at the weekend. Let's see him go out in style.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Hughes hasn't damaged his reputation by being an under-performing manager (many have been there before) but because of his moodiness, his arrogance and his `ambition'.