https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Benitez handed Chelsea job

Started by Apprentice to the Maestro, November 21, 2012, 09:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Humble Man

Quote from: Andy_M on November 22, 2012, 11:34:32 AM
Quote from: A Humble Man on November 22, 2012, 11:02:09 AM
The only reason anyone would take on such a dead end job would be money.  When will the owner of Chelsea notice that the two most consistently successful teams Man U and Arsenal have both kept their managers for a very long time.

I wish MAF would notice as well, football management is a long game.

To be fair to MAF I think he has noticed this. Cookie was given a fairly decent stint and there was no option but to get rid of him as we were doomed, likewise with Sanchez. Hodgson stayed until he went on to 'bigger things', Hughes well we all know what happened there.

I think if Jol continues as he's started he'll be here for a few seasons yet!

So I think your point about MAF is unfair.

You are right we get manager who are too good and get sold or we get mangers who cannot crack it.  Tigana was the only real mistake, given time he could have become our best ever manager.  Coleman lack ambition but we all no what the real problem was that blighted his stay.  I hoped Hodgson could build a dynasty at Fulham but perhaps Jol is the man to do that.  He was started well and is ambitious for us wanting to make us as good a Spurs, Arsenal and Everton.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

A Humble Man

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on November 22, 2012, 11:45:28 AM
The only reason anyone would take on such a dead end job would be money.  When will the owner of Chelsea notice that the two most consistently successful teams Man U and Arsenal have both kept their managers for a very long time.

Who has MAF sacked that should have been allowed more time?

You are right we get manager who are too good and get sold or we get mangers who cannot crack it.  Tigana was the only real mistake, given time he could have become our best ever manager.  Coleman lack ambition but we all no what the real problem was that blighted his stay.  I hoped Hodgson could build a dynasty at Fulham but perhaps Jol is the man to do that.  He was started well and is ambitious for us wanting to make us as good a Spurs, Arsenal and Everton.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

epsomraver

Quote from: tomcolemanfry on November 22, 2012, 12:47:25 AM
Horrible bunch, Roman is a massive tool. Benitez is a decent manager and already getting treated like dirt, don't know why he's agreed to it. Next Wednesday can't come soon enough, we might actually have a chance!
Didn't Benitez have serious heart problems< oh the path they tread in search of the mighty dollar

grandad

Guardiola has been offered 15 mil a year & he´s not thinking about it till next year. At that salary I would do it for a month & then say cherrio.
Where there's a will there's a wife

TonyGilroy

The irony is that if Abramovitch wants a manager to impart flair to his team then he couldn't do better than Jol.

In my opinion MAF has got all of his managerial sackings right albeit Mickey Adams could feel very hard done by and we still don't really know the truth behind the Tigana falling out.

aussierod

Quote from: A Humble Man on November 22, 2012, 11:52:28 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on November 22, 2012, 11:45:28 AM
The only reason anyone would take on such a dead end job would be money.  When will the owner of Chelsea notice that the two most consistently successful teams Man U and Arsenal have both kept their managers for a very long time.

Who has MAF sacked that should have been allowed more time?

You are right we get manager who are too good and get sold or we get mangers who cannot crack it.  Tigana was the only real mistake, given time he could have become our best ever manager.  Coleman lack ambition but we all no what the real problem was that blighted his stay.  I hoped Hodgson could build a dynasty at Fulham but perhaps Jol is the man to do that.  He was started well and is ambitious for us wanting to make us as good a Spurs, Arsenal and Everton.

At the time of his sacking though, Tigana and his side were in decline (I think we had 5/6 losses on the bounce) until Cookie took over (if my memory serves me correctly that is) We then ended up finishing 14th with a team and squad below

Van der Sar

Finnan – Goma – Knight – Wome

Malbranque – Legwinski – S Davis – Boa Morte

Saha – Marlet

As well as players like Maik Taylor, Melville, Knight, Djetou, Harley, Inamoto, John Collins, Hayles, Sava all in the squad, this was a strong squad for Fulham at the time basically, and Cookie turned them around the next season as we were flying until Saha was sold and the rest is history. But to say Tigana should have been kept, I'm not sure I agree, but in general, everything else you say is right
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

TonyGilroy

Tigana should have been sacked much earlier because his relationship with MAF had become poisonous. We don't really know why or who was to blame though but it suggests a surprising lack of ruthlessness by MAF.

jarv

Rafa described as "interim" manager in some reports. Isn't every Chelsea manager "interim"?? :005:

Andy_M

Quote from: jarv on November 22, 2012, 02:07:01 PM
Rafa described as "interim" manager in some reports. Isn't every Chelsea manager "interim"?? :005:
[/quote

In 20 years time everyone in the country will be no more than a mile from an ex-Chelsea manager.  091.gif
@got_maile

A Humble Man

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 22, 2012, 01:21:27 PM

Tigana should have been sacked much earlier because his relationship with MAF had become poisonous. We don't really know why or who was to blame though but it suggests a surprising lack of ruthlessness by MAF.

Marlet was the only issue MAF, like most fans, could see he was not worth the money paid.   Other managers have purchased big money players who have failed but that is not always a cause for sacking.  MAF is a lot more ruthless than most people think, he was not slow to get shot of Sanchez. 
We Are Fulham, Believe.

TonyGilroy

The Tigana fallout was about a lot more than Marlet being overpriced. MAF became convinced that Tigana was dishonest.

Baresi was brought in above him without his knowledge and quickly left. We simply don't know the whole story or who was in the wrong.

epsomraver

One problem was Marlet 's sale  had the same agent for both sides, Mo smelt a rat, had Jt's office searched , yet Tigana won the day in two court cases Mo brought.

earlbeatty

Let's just hope that it takes him a while to sort things out and we can nick 1 or 3 points next Wednesday!!

EB

JohnKovacs

I'm still in shock that it wasn't offered to Sparky..

082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif

Lewis J

Finally !!! A manager that Chelsea derserve haha :P