watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dejagahs performance yesterday?

Started by JackyFulham90, November 25, 2012, 11:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

How did you all feel he faired at stoke? would you keep him in the starting line up at Stamford bridge?

bucksfulham

I think he was OK but I'd play Duff on Wednesday with Dejagah on the bench.

fulhamben

thought he played ok. put a couple of crosses in and wdid well to set up berbas chance. without ruiz he is our best set piece taker so id start him. maybe on the left though as its apparant jol only wants duff down the right and i dont fancy the greek to start wide left
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Logicalman

Thought he did really well, shows confidence and the skill to get past players and a good crosser of the ball.

epsomraver

He stills lacks the pace of a prem player,too much time on the ball, one extra step before the shot  but that will come I am sure.

Zu-Meister

lacks pace?? hes definitely our quickest player, hes done well so far, once he fully get adjusted, he will be one of our best players.

Logicalman

Quote from: epsomraver on November 25, 2012, 01:12:06 PM
He stills lacks the pace of a prem player,too much time on the ball, one extra step before the shot  but that will come I am sure.

I agree with all you say, and he has that potential as his history shows (5 years at a club that has consistently stayed in the Bundesliga for the past 15 years), so he's no slouch.

NogoodBoyo

He definitely has pace and usually has good control.  For some strange reason, his first touch was woeful yesterday.  In the pre-match interviews, he stated that he'd been told Stoke were tough.  Perhaps that was in the back of his mind when he received the ball in scoring positions.  If so, not a good sign.  If I were Jol, I would stick with Duff and use Dejagah as an impact sub earlier.
Nogood "managing like Wenger now, isit" Boyo

ToodlesMcToot

First touch was terrible yesterday. Otherwise he reminds me of the first year or so with Dembélé. Has great tools but really needs to learn when and where to use them.

He'll take time but I feel confident he'll be a must start in the future.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

A Humble Man

Wrong match to play him in as he will not of come up against such an uncompromising team as Stoke before.  He was like a lot of the Fulham players bullied nearly to death.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

JackyFulham90

Would be interesting to see Dejagah & Frei on the wings for us plenty of pace

24Dejagacaniklic31

Didn't see much of him in the first half. Took a while to adjust in the second half after a crappy pass, but he became a huge threat with his cuts and backpasses as the half progressed. I thought he'd surely get himself at least an assist but Stoke's gargantuan defenders kept the whole team at bay. Definitely want to see more of him.

tomcolemanfry

Off the pace in my opinion, but most of the team looked the same way. Stoke bullied us off the ball far too often.

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 25, 2012, 02:10:24 PM
He definitely has pace and usually has good control.  For some strange reason, his first touch was woeful yesterday.  In the pre-match interviews, he stated that he'd been told Stoke were tough.  Perhaps that was in the back of his mind when he received the ball in scoring positions.  If so, not a good sign.  If I were Jol, I would stick with Duff and use Dejagah as an impact sub earlier.
Nogood "managing like Wenger now, isit" Boyo

Talking good sense now, is it?

By Cader Idris, tempest-torn,
Or Moel y Wyddfa's glory,
Carnedd Llewelyn beauty born,
Nogood Boyo's wise in story
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

MJG

I thought his performance was a very 'Welcome to the premier Lge..this is Stoke on a wet Saturday in November....watch out for those tackles'

IranianCottager

Hello to all.

I am a new member here. As you can see from my username, I am Iranian (I live in the US). I passionately follow Iranian football and anything associated with it.

I have always liked Fulham- they are a team that with their limited budget have always managed to have a solid squad and are a dangerous team to all, which I really respect and admire.

I remember when Andranik Teymourian was on Fulham not too long ago, and now, of course, Dejagah has joined as well.

I have always followed the English Premier League and think it's without a doubt the top and most balanced league in the world.

I look forward to enjoying my experience on these boards.

Now, here are my thoughts on Dejagah:
He is an exciting, strong, aggressive player, and in my opinion, has been Wolfsburg's best player these past years (especially last season). His crosses are beautiful, he is very good at taking on defenders and getting past them, his passing, teamwork, and work ethic is also worth praise.

He is definitely one of Iran's best players and is 26 years old, which isn't young, but he definitely isn't an oldie either.

To me, it is clear that he is not really in form. He was injured over a fair amount of the summer and was once again hurt just before joining Fulham. I really don't think he is in his best shape and I have seen him play much better than he has thus far.

I thought he did well vs Arsenal (definitely not his best), but he was clearly tired after the 75th minute. In all of his substitute appearances he has been a great spark off the bench. Unfortunately, I could not watch the match vs Stoke, but according to the Iranian football forum and here, he was ok at best.

He will probably come off the bench against Chelsea and Duff will get the nod, considering Ashkan just played 90 minutes this weekend.

Overall, here is my line-up for Fulham if there are no injuries:
--------------------Schwarzer--------------------
-Riether------Hughes-----Hangeland------Riise-
-----------------Diarra---Baird-------------------
---Dejagah--------------------------Kacaniklic---
--------------Berbatov-----Ruiz------------------

Bench: Kelly, Senderos, Sidwell, Karagounis, Petric, Duff, Rodallega, Frei, etc