watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lily Allen Banned From Following Zamora This Summer

Started by White Noise, April 18, 2010, 10:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=lily-the-fear%26method=full%26objectid=22193759%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

LILY ALLEN'S DAD BANS HER FROM 'DEATH DANGER' TRIP TO WORLD CUP

Nick Dorman

Lily Allen's dad has banned her from going to the World Cup - because he fears she could be killed.

Film maker and musician Keith Allen, 56, was offered the chance to go to South Africa to shoot a BBC documentary featuring his chart-topping daughter.

Viewers would have seen Lily, 24 - whose hits include Smile, The Fear and Not Fair - following England supporters with her Fulham-fan father during the tournament.

But Keith, who penned the lyrics to 1998 World Cup chant Vindaloo while a member of the band Fat Les, thinks South Africa is far too dangerous.

Racial tensions are at boiling point after far-Right leader Eugene Terreblanche, 69, was murdered by two black men two weeks ago.

His Afrikaner Resistance Movement is said to be gaining 1,000 members a day in the wake of the killing.

And cops have warned that England's opening match against the USA on June 12 could attract hooligans - or even be targeted by terrorists.

A source close to the Allens said: "There were talks about the project but Keith said that he wouldn't want any of his family members to go to the World Cup."

Keith produced several football songs including New Order's 1990 No 1 World In Motion. Another insider said: "Keith loves his football and wanted to support England. But as far as he's concerned the situation is inflammatory and just too dangerous." Keith has six children, including a threeyear-old daughter by his actress partner Tamzin Malleson, 35.

"Family has to come first even though it's big blow to his finances" said the insider.

South Africa has one of the highest murder rates in the world - with an average of 50 killings a day. There is also an epidemic of rapes and car-jackings.

The insider added: "Hijackers have guns and knives - not a welcome prospect when you're there to enjoy the football."

South Africa has spent millions on security for fixtures in Johannesburg, Cape Town and other cities. An extra 41,000 police and 45,000 stewards are being drafted in.

A spokesman for Lily said she had "no plans" to go to the World Cup.

He added: "Her father does not run her life. If she wanted to go there is no way he could stop her."

SHADY1

Keith was on our train from Milan to Turin... we asked him where Lily was ... i think when he laughed with us ...really he was thinking ...thankfully not here now.
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Lighthouse

As far as the World Cup is concerned I would be far from happy knowing that people I knew were out there. Yes it will no doubt go off without a hitch. But why take the risk and for what purpose? Watch the games on tv but why go to matches as an experiment for political and financial hypocrites.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope