watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can we beat Spurs?

Started by Admin, November 29, 2012, 01:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

They can humiliate us at the back with their speed. I worry about it until a wake up screaming. However if we can play two wingers plus Rod up front and Berba behind him or other way round. Sidders puts himself about fairly. Then we can do damage to them.

Tough ask and I will be content with a point.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 29, 2012, 05:05:14 PM
They can humiliate us at the back with their speed. I worry about it until a wake up screaming. However if we can play two wingers plus Rod up front and Berba behind him or other way round. Sidders puts himself about fairly. Then we can do damage to them.

Tough ask and I will be content with a point.

I think this might be the key. If we play wingers, Bale will have to track back.

I would like to see:

Schwarzer

Reither     Senderos   Hughes   Riise

Diarra   Baird/Sid

Dejagah          Berba             Kaca/Frei

Rod

LordNelson

Not if we play the same way we played against Stoke and Blue Filth.  Their pace will kill us. Gallas & Dawson are slow--so if we go at them (a la the Arsenal match) maybe we can do it.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

JackyFulham90

I think its going to be a tough tough game for us but we need a similar formation to against Chelsea or there midfield of Dembele , Sandro & Dempsey will dictate the game but its also key we attack them down the wings to stand a chance I would say our best chance of winning is

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Senderos Riise

Diarra Sidwell Baird

Dejagah Berbatov Frei

Subs - Etheridge , Kelly , Kasami , Duff , Karagounis , Petric , Rodallega

mangoputney

A league win over them is well overdue, a decent performance at home is well overdue, some luck is overdue

Praying bale steps on his missus hair straighteners
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Mr Fulham

Schwarzer
Sidwell (Baird) Diarra
Duff Frei Richardson
Berbatov

Subs: Etheridge, Kelly, Dejagah/Kasami, Karagounis, Petric, Rodallega, Baird.

Alternative

Spurs are not consistent. Yes they can be beaten. A draw is not a huge ask either.

I would like to see Petric on the pitch for this one.

MJG

Quote from: Mr Fulham on November 30, 2012, 09:37:15 AM
Schwarzer
Sidwell (Baird) Diarra
Duff Frei Richardson
Berbatov

Subs: Etheridge, Kelly, Dejagah/Kasami, Karagounis, Petric, Rodallega, Baird.
Richardson..seriously? I would have Dejagah/Petric/Dave even Kasami way ahead of him to be in the team (Not all on the left by the way)

west kowloon white

Karagounis on the bench sympathetic after that pass..

BillNRoc

Can we...? Of course.  Are we likely to...?  Not off how we've approached the last two matches, with slow-footed players passing sideways and backwards as if the pitch were molasses. (Maybe that's the secret -- heavy watering of the pitch in advance.) They have wings and front men with more pace than any White except Frei (assuming Kaca still unable to play), as if Chelsea had started Mata instead.

If we come out the way we did at Stoke and Chelsea, they are likely to be up two by halftime. With Duff and Frei as our wingers and Berba in behind Petric, we could actually mount some offense, especially if Diarra ups his game. Expect to see Sidwell slow them down when they try to come inside, with Baird and the Greek on the bench.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BillNRoc on November 30, 2012, 01:36:59 PM
Can we...? Of course.  Are we likely to...?  Not off how we've approached the last two matches, with slow-footed players passing sideways and backwards as if the pitch were molasses. (Maybe that's the secret -- heavy watering of the pitch in advance.) They have wings and front men with more pace than any White except Frei (assuming Kaca still unable to play), as if Chelsea had started Mata instead.

If we come out the way we did at Stoke and Chelsea, they are likely to be up two by halftime. With Duff and Frei as our wingers and Berba in behind Petric, we could actually mount some offense, especially if Diarra ups his game. Expect to see Sidwell slow them down when they try to come inside, with Baird and the Greek on the bench.

So if we play Spurs like we did against Stoke and Chelsea we will be two nil down by half time, yet in those games we only conceded one goal? I like your logic

filham

Spurs are going to score ,that is almost certain ,so we have to score at least a couple of goals to win. The worry is that we have but one goal to our credit it the last three games .

I thnk we need to field this team:-

Shwarzer
              Reither   Hughes      Baird   Riise

Duff        Sidwell       Diarra    Frei

Karagounis   
                        Berbatov
Baird and Hughes may just be able to keep tabs on Defoe and Sidwell shold ensure that Dembele is given no space.

BillNRoc

Spurs are surely a stronger offensive side than Stoke (even with away/home differential), and arguably a stronger offensive side than Chelsea with Rafa Benitez at the helm. Torres can't compare with Defoe, and Chelsea's wingers aren't the threat that Bale and Lennon are to a team that's not attacking.

If we approach tomorrow's match the same way we did the last two, we could easily be down two by halftime. That said, I'm hopeful we will have a different approach, with wingers and attackers working hard to score before only 15 minutes remain. After all, it's a home game.

A Humble Man

Stoke get the ball into the box quickly which we cannot cope with, Spurs will play passing football like Chelsea which we can cope with.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

CH FFC

-The key's to success -
                                                                    :medal:

Fulham - have to dictate the pace, and hold onto possession.  Less sideways and backwards passing, and more positive movement going forward. 
Fulham - have to disrupt Dembele, and keep him out of the game.  Also need to attack down Bales side, and keep him helping on defence.

In essence I feel if we can keep their wingers busy helping on defence then we will take out their strongest players. 

Also, we will have to pressure them up high, and try to force their defence into mistakes....as well as force the wingers back to help.