watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos and Kelly the difference

Started by The Rock, December 01, 2012, 04:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Granted it was going to be difficult after Schwartzer had his first error in a very long time, the quality of Hangeland and Reithner vs. Kelley and Senderos seemed the difference of 1-1 and 0-3. Kelly and Senderos are fine players but they lack confidence, playing time, and probably quality too.

theotherdembele

Dont lie to yourself senderos and kelly are an absolute joke, i stopped watching the moment kelly came on.

God The Mechanic

Kelly didn't do much wrong from what I saw?  Senderos did mess up for the second and third, but IMO it was all down to Schwartzer's error.  Without that there would be no need to push on for a equaliser, and whilst it didn't really show that the team were I'd imagine the players minds were definitely on it.

All in all, the squad is good enough for decent replacements of decent players, but not good replacements for good players.  That's where the issues have been.  For all of Hangeland's issues this season, he has been consistently OK.  Replacing him with a player who is consistently average and prone to error isn't ideal.  There is no replacement for Ruiz IMO.  Hopefully Riether won't be out too long, as Kelly isn't a good replacement but an OK one.  Kaca adds width down the left that no one else does.

PaulJ123

Karagounis shouldve played behind berbatov.

Nothing frustrates me more than seeing berbatov playing off the striker, its such a waste of talent. Petric is good but nowhere near berbatovs  quality

Snibbo

Quote from: God The Mechanic on December 01, 2012, 04:58:34 PM
Kelly didn't do much wrong from what I saw?  Senderos did mess up for the second and third, but IMO it was all down to Schwartzer's error.  Without that there would be no need to push on for a equaliser, and whilst it didn't really show that the team were I'd imagine the players minds were definitely on it.

All in all, the squad is good enough for decent replacements of decent players, but not good replacements for good players.  That's where the issues have been.  For all of Hangeland's issues this season, he has been consistently OK.  Replacing him with a player who is consistently average and prone to error isn't ideal.  There is no replacement for Ruiz IMO.  Hopefully Riether won't be out too long, as Kelly isn't a good replacement but an OK one.  Kaca adds width down the left that no one else does.
I thought Kelly was as much at fault, or maybe more so, for the second, for not closing Siggurdson down.  But the match was heading for 0-0 or 1-0 until Schwarzer's howler.

CanadianCottager

Kelly and Senderos weren't terrible, Senderos was to blame for the second, but he also got totally isolated against a fresh Sigurdsson who had just come on. That being said, Riether and Hangeland and both MUCH better. It's really a shame how injury prone Bryan is, because Jol's game plan relies very heavily on him going forward and we're much more of an attacking threat with him pulling the strings. I think its pretty clear that we play better with real width (i.e. Kaca or even Richardson over Rodallega and Frei), and I like Dejagah but I feel he's a better impact sub than a starter, I'd like to see Duff start over him and swapping them around the hour mark. Disappointing result, but it once we have a fit squad, it will only get better.

MikeCdawg

i thought kelly did ok seeing as it was his first game all season, senderos for the 2nd and 3rd goals was just shocking he's been playing pro football for the best part of 10 years yet he looks like an amatuer getting beaten too easily and trying to play offside when really he should not have been back there, first rule of defending is hold the line which he didn't. But this guy dejagah really got on my tits, he is just a complete waste of space, his touch is poor, no vision, cant cross it, dribbles and loses it. I thought he was good when he made his first couple of appearances but now i'm like "Jol, what were u thinking?"

PaulJ123

Dejagah is someone who adds pace, and his crossing is decent. For me, him and duff should be first choice wingers

MikeCdawg

CanadianCottager

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on December 01, 2012, 05:14:10 PM
he sucks man
Nonsense, he had a tough game because he was being defended by 3 players every time he broke down the right, but notice how anonymous Gareth Bale was today? Dejagah is quality, he just doesn't have the engine for 90 minutes

MikeCdawg

I haven't seen any quality come from him thus far, he just gets the head down and runs, doesn't look for his team mates. It's so frustrating.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: God The Mechanic on December 01, 2012, 04:58:34 PM
Kelly didn't do much wrong from what I saw?  Senderos did mess up for the second and third, but IMO it was all down to Schwartzer's error.  Without that there would be no need to push on for a equaliser, and whilst it didn't really show that the team were I'd imagine the players minds were definitely on it.

All in all, the squad is good enough for decent replacements of decent players, but not good replacements for good players.  That's where the issues have been.  For all of Hangeland's issues this season, he has been consistently OK.  Replacing him with a player who is consistently average and prone to error isn't ideal.  There is no replacement for Ruiz IMO.  Hopefully Riether won't be out too long, as Kelly isn't a good replacement but an OK one.  Kaca adds width down the left that no one else does.

Hughes left Defoe unmarked for the second, he should take some of the blame.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: PaulJ123 on December 01, 2012, 05:02:03 PM
Karagounis shouldve played behind berbatov.

Nothing frustrates me more than seeing berbatov playing off the striker, its such a waste of talent. Petric is good but nowhere near berbatovs  quality

You may be right there. Karagounis does have a creative bent.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on December 01, 2012, 05:23:08 PM
I haven't seen any quality come from him thus far, he just gets the head down and runs, doesn't look for his team mates. It's so frustrating.

I seem to recall a certain player whom was playing against us today starting that way.

Jambo

That wasn't Schwarzer first mistake in a long time.  I can put a number of goals this season down to him not coming for crosses or not coming out quick enough.  I've lost faith in him
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

MJG

You can get away with one of them in the team, but both and also Hughes out of his best position and your asking for trouble.
Kelly is ok backup and Can be solid but is below starter level.
Senderos...the jury may have out for a while, but I think the verdict came in today.

The Rock

Quote from: Jambo on December 01, 2012, 06:04:18 PM
That wasn't Schwarzer first mistake in a long time.  I can put a number of goals this season down to him not coming for crosses or not coming out quick enough.  I've lost faith in him

That is a fair assesment. I guess today it seemed to change the game and very clear for all to see.

Kent Cassandra

A lot of what was going on out there was about the younger players learning their trade and four of our better players missing.  Everyone is going on about defence but with a full squad they wouldn't have been under so much pressure as they were today.  I love Diarra's skill and passing ability but he thinks he is still playing in La Liga not the toughest league in the world.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

The Bronsons

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on December 01, 2012, 05:23:08 PM

You sure you're not confusing him with Frei? - that's a good description of what Frei was like today.

Count Berbatov

I think Senderos did OK, bar that poor attempt for offside trap. He's improving. Get off his back
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"