watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jordan Rhodes

Started by HatterDon, December 03, 2012, 01:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Those posters on here who thought Rhodes only a L1 striker who couldn't produce at the same pace at a higher lever were absolutely right. Last season at Huddersfield, he scored 39 goals in 38 matches. This season at Blackburn, he's only connected 15 times in 20 total matches.

I guess I've been proved wrong. With that pitiful return of goals, he definitiely was not worth the 3-5 million quid we could have gotten him for.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bassey the warrior

We got Berbatov for £4 million. Who cares?

Walsh

Quote from: HatterDon on December 03, 2012, 01:19:00 AM
I guess I've been proved wrong. With that pitiful return of goals, he definitiely was not worth the 3-5 million quid we could have gotten him for.

They bought him for 8 million.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: The Moose on December 03, 2012, 01:22:58 AM
We got Berbatov for £4 million. Who cares?

I do. Could've made a nice profit on young Rhodes or had him as a replacement for Berba or Mladen when they move on.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Walsh on December 03, 2012, 02:18:47 AM

They bought him for 8 million.

We still would've profited. He's English and scores goals. Hardly a difficult decision.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

He is Scottish. For one and two didn't Huddersfield play in the champ when he got his 38 odd goals. For me I am ambivalent towards him, it is always a risk signing a striker from a lower division, some make that step up and some don't. You have to buy the ticket, we decided not to at the 8 mill price, which seems a fair call for some one unproven at prem level, 5 was probably fair and more likely what we would have paid. If it. Was a choice Rhodes or Berba, for me just one winner, berba
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

i Always wanted us to gamble on him at £4-6M it should have been a no brainer. As it got to £8M I was torn about paying all that, but I was always sure he would score in Championship at least.

JBH

Those posters on here who thought Rhodes only a L1 striker who couldn't produce at the same pace at a higher lever were absolutely right. Last season at Huddersfield, he scored 39 goals in 38 matches. This season at Blackburn, he's only connected 15 times in 20 total matches.

So using you logic prehaps we should have gone in for Marlon King after all he has out scored Rhodes in the Championship?

AlFayedsChequebook

Jordan Rhodes would have meant no Berbatov. I know which I would prefer.

Also, he is scoring in the Championship but the Prem is yet another step up.

£8m is a lot to gamble for a club like Fulham, we seem to have forgotten this in recent years.

Rudolph

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 03, 2012, 11:38:03 AM
Jordan Rhodes would have meant no Berbatov. I know which I would prefer.

Also, he is scoring in the Championship but the Prem is yet another step up.

£8m is a lot to gamble for a club like Fulham, we seem to have forgotten this in recent years.

Beckford scored for fun in the lower leagues, but didn't make the grade at Everton.  It's an £8 million gamble I am glad we didn't take.

Rudolph

Quote from: JBH on December 03, 2012, 07:18:34 AM

So using you logic prehaps we should have gone in for Marlon King after all he has out scored Rhodes in the Championship?

Using this logic further, we are in need of goalkeeper cover and that ex Plymouth lad has just been released from prison. 

Sort it out Jol!

Burt

Rhodes would have been a gamble.

It may have worked. Or it may not have. We will never know.

£8m was a lot to find out.

And in Berba we have a quality forward with premier league track record.

jarv

For all those that knock Rhodes, have any of you seen him play? he is a handful. Tough, can bully defneders. He is no berbatov, anyone can see that, totally different style and he doesn't get injured (like Ruiz) every 3rd game. Any striker who scores 5 goals in one week (3 blackburn and 2 scotland) must have something to offer. I would have liked to see it happen. That's football! :002:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: jarv on December 03, 2012, 12:43:22 PM
For all those that knock Rhodes, have any of you seen him play? he is a handful. Tough, can bully defneders. He is no berbatov, anyone can see that, totally different style and he doesn't get injured (like Ruiz) every 3rd game. Any striker who scores 5 goals in one week (3 blackburn and 2 scotland) must have something to offer. I would have liked to see it happen. That's football! :002:

£8m though.

Eight, Million, Pounds.

How often have we spent that much?

LRCN

using championship stats to prove he's premier league (????)

RidgeRider

Quote from: JBH on December 03, 2012, 07:18:34 AM

I thought we did go in for Marlon King and he failed the famous Fulham medical????

Bassey the warrior

Eight million is too big a gamble for a club of our size and budget. Blackburn are run by a bunch of fools. They gave Kean no money when he was trying to keep them up. Now they are relying on balloon payments to fund a return to the top. It makes little sense.

They took a big gamble and it's working well so far, but the step up to the Premiership is not so small. David Healy anyone?

JackyFulham90

Rhodes is a really good finisher but with a front 4 of Berbatov , Petric , Ruiz & Rodallega a striker is not a priority