more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos and Kelly the difference

Started by The Rock, December 01, 2012, 04:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Quote from: Snibbo on December 01, 2012, 10:27:37 PM
If you think Hangeland would have made any difference yesterday, based in his form THIS SEASON, you are mistaken. 

It wasn't Senderos that let the first goal in, which changed the whole game. It

wasn't Senderos' fault that our forwards (Berbatov and later Duff apart) can't

cross the ball, keep the ball or spot a pass, or that the midfield is devoid of creativity.
you cannot seriously think that Hangeland would have made the same mistakes as Senderos?

St Eve

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 02, 2012, 12:21:05 AM
If you think Hangeland would have made any difference yesterday, based in his form THIS SEASON, you are mistaken. 

It wasn't Senderos that let the first goal in, which changed the whole game. It wasn't Senderos' fault that our forwards (Berbatov and later Duff apart) can't cross the ball, keep the ball or spot a pass, or that the midfield is devoid of creativity.
Senderos was a disaster and he needs to go along with Sidwell and Kelly and maybe even Hugo.

Yep but some people have to blame one person otherwise their heads explode. One person has to be blamed. To blame the transfer window, injury problems, no pace up front and a keeper way past his best is just too big to contemplate. Has to be an easy answer.

It wasn't Senderos that let the first goal in, which changed the whole game. It wasn't Senderos' fault that our forwards (Berbatov and later Duff apart) can't cross the ball, keep the ball or spot a pass, or that the midfield is devoid of creativity.

Yep but some people have to blame one person otherwise their heads explode. One person has to be blamed. To blame the transfer window, injury problems, no pace up front and a keeper way past his best is just too big to contemplate. Has to be an easy answer.

JackyFulham90

Senderos is poor he should be nowhere near our 1st team, Kelly is decent but us quite simply a level below Riether

epsomraver

Quote from: St Eve on December 02, 2012, 06:25:06 AM
Quote from: G.Iniesta on December 01, 2012, 10:12:38 PM
I thought Sidwell was brilliant in the first half today and he should stay and he needs to play like that every game   
Just hope we can get someone in January to cover for Ruiz as Berbatov is a striker not a covering midfielder also Kelly done well when he came on inplace of   
Reither   
sidwell was not brilliant. He tried but is not good enough 

Sidwell was MOM for me, shame others don't play with his commitment and energy, and don't slag off Kelly, he came on and did a good job considering that was his first appearance for months. These are human beings not robots, I wonder reading the tosh on here if some have ever kicked a ball or watch the game on a dodgy stream and then sound off about all and sundry, Spent £60 and froze my nuts off to watch that "game" yesterday as did thousands of others, yet the unfounded criticism comes from the arm chair "  supporters"

Berserker

Quote from: epsomraver on December 02, 2012, 09:04:54 AM
I thought Sidwell was brilliant in the first half today and he should stay and he needs to play like that every game  
Just hope we can get someone in January to cover for Ruiz as Berbatov is a striker not a covering midfielder also Kelly done well when he came on inplace of  
Reither  

Sidwell was MOM for me, shame others don't play with his commitment and energy, and don't slag off Kelly, he came on and did a good job considering that was his first appearance for months. These are human beings not robots, I wonder reading the tosh on here if some have ever kicked a ball or watch the game on a dodgy stream and then sound off about all and sundry, Spent £60 and froze my nuts off to watch that "game" yesterday as did thousands of others, yet the unfounded criticism comes from the arm chair "  supporters"

It's funny you say that Epsom, Mr B said a similar thing when a women next to us was slagging off our players constantly at the Wigan away match. He used to row for his school and also for Scotland in the Commonwealth games years ago, he said that people do not understand the training and pressures there are to be a top athlete, physical and psychological pressures, and what it would take to perform in the Prem league for 90 mins at a time. I know they get paid a hell of a lot of money but they are still human even if footballers!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: PaulJ123 on December 01, 2012, 05:10:37 PM
Dejagah is someone who adds pace, and his crossing is decent. For me, him and duff should be first choice wingers

Duff should be first choice starter - Deja can be brought on..... should have been that way against Spurs.

The Equalizer

There's nothing wrong with Kelly. Every game he's played over the last year or so has been good.

Senderos on the other hand... when will people stop standing up for this shower of poo? The guy is an absolute shambles of a defender and is ALWAYS responsible for goals conceded. The sooner we get rid of this mug the better.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

St Eve

Quote from: epsomraver on December 02, 2012, 09:04:54 AM
Reither   

If you had a season ticket it would not have been quite such an expensive day out!

MikeCdawg

Quote from: The Bronsons on December 01, 2012, 06:51:15 PM
Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on December 01, 2012, 05:23:08 PM
I haven't seen any quality come from him thus far, he just gets the head down and runs, doesn't look for his team mates. It's so frustrating.

You sure you're not confusing him with Frei? - that's a good description of what Frei was like today.

i dont get too frustrated with frei though he's only 18 or 19 dejagah is 26. he should know better

A Humble Man

One rule that cannot be broken is that all Fulham players are good,  But Senderos it the straw that breaks this rule.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Alternative

Jol was right first goal changed the game. While I am not a fan of Senderos or Kelly they do not deserve the blame for yesterday. In fact Kelly played well and Senderos did not make obvious errors.

TonyGilroy

Goals two and three we were carved open. Where was the midfield? And what about covering defenders. One on one Defoe will get the better of most central defenders and put the ball where the keeper least wants it.

That's what he does.

FFC1987

Quote from: Alternative on December 03, 2012, 09:28:40 AM
Jol was right first goal changed the game. While I am not a fan of Senderos or Kelly they do not deserve the blame for yesterday. In fact Kelly played well and Senderos did not make obvious errors.

I have consistently stuck up for Big Phil and was hoping he would prove a lot fo you wrong....Unfortunately, all he did was prove people right. Kelly came on and for some parts took Bale and Lennon on and was forcing them wide etc and was doing a fairly decent job. Phil however had a shocker, defensively unaware, giving the ball away needlessly and generally putting a strain on Hughes and the back players everytime he wandered.
I will say hes not the reason we lost, but I just think he can be more of a liability at times. Regardless thats MY opinion.
I don't think though they were the difference, thats really unfair.

Rudolph

Quote from: The Equalizer on December 02, 2012, 12:14:15 PM
There's nothing wrong with Kelly. Every game he's played over the last year or so has been good.

Senderos on the other hand... when will people stop standing up for this shower of sh1t? The guy is an absolute shambles of a defender and is ALWAYS responsible for goals conceded. The sooner we get rid of this mug the better.

This is the sort of one-eyed treatment that boils my blood.

Kelly was at fault for the opening goal against Spurs away last season, the last game he played in fully in the league.  He was also bog awful last year, hence the manager feeling he needed to replace him this term.

Senderos didn't have a good game, which can happen with all players.  Hughes got ripped a new backside by Felliani and hopelessly outjumped for the equaliser against Southampton, not to mention West Ham away too.  There was the odd grumble on here, but not the "Hughes out" type of backlash reserved for Senderos.

It doesn't matter what any of us think, it's whether he can gain the confidence of the manager.  Personally, I still think he is worth a game and won't be too concerned if he gets another start or two.  However I reckon his days are numbered here as opinion appears to be "hard wired" into a fair few of our support.

TWFL

Quote from: Rudolph on December 03, 2012, 11:30:11 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on December 02, 2012, 12:14:15 PM

Senderos on the other hand... when will people stop standing up for this shower of sh1t? The guy is an absolute shambles of a defender and is ALWAYS responsible for goals conceded. The sooner we get rid of this mug the better.

This is the sort of one-eyed treatment that boils my blood.

Kelly was at fault for the opening goal against Spurs away last season, the last game he played in fully in the league.  He was also bog awful last year, hence the manager feeling he needed to replace him this term.

Senderos didn't have a good game, which can happen with all players.  Hughes got ripped a new backside by Felliani and hopelessly outjumped for the equaliser against Southampton, not to mention West Ham away too.  There was the odd grumble on here, but not the "Hughes out" type of backlash reserved for Senderos.

It doesn't matter what any of us think, it's whether he can gain the confidence of the manager.  Personally, I still think he is worth a game and won't be too concerned if he gets another start or two.  However I reckon his days are numbered here as opinion appears to be "hard wired" into a fair few of our support.
Massive  :plus one: from me. 

Burt

The telling thing for me on Saturday were not Senderos or Kelly (both of whom were OK).

It was how the heads dropped after the first goal, and there was nobody on the pitch who showed the leadership and drive to pick the team up.

We don't have a natural captain...

ffcbulgaria

i agree with all the posters blaming Senderos that HE was at fault for the goal Chelsea scored on Wednesday

A Humble Man

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on December 01, 2012, 05:08:23 PM
i thought kelly did ok seeing as it was his first game all season, senderos for the 2nd and 3rd goals was just shocking he's been playing pro football for the best part of 10 years yet he looks like an amatuer getting beaten too easily and trying to play offside when really he should not have been back there, first rule of defending is hold the line which he didn't. But this guy dejagah really got on my tits, he is just a complete waste of space, his touch is poor, no vision, cant cross it, dribbles and loses it. I thought he was good when he made his first couple of appearances but now i'm like "Jol, what were u thinking?"

Ruiz is not Injury prone he is just a good player who get targeted.  He was kicked on the back of the leg during the Sunderland game that is how he got his hamstring injury.
We Are Fulham, Believe.