Main Menu

Senderos and Kelly the difference

Started by The Rock, December 01, 2012, 04:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 01, 2012, 09:47:04 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 01, 2012, 07:48:43 PM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 01, 2012, 07:40:07 PM
I think Senderos did OK, bar that poor attempt for offside trap. He's improving. Get off his back
I beg to differ. He's not some raw youngster, he's an international player who for some reason seems to have no composure.
He is at times far too tight to the player and must have tried at least 3 times today to get in front of player and intercept the pass, but either got turned or it was all messy and got away with it. He's always playing in a nervous way.
Bar one pass good pass in the second half, he had a touch of the Etuhu's about him. Passing it to players who already had 1/2 players around them.
I was trying to stay positive. He makes me nervous as hell. That said, he gets better with each game. Maybe lacks a run of games..

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE Using Tapatalk 2

For me he is poor then quality then poor again. Case in point Stoke then Chelsea then Spurs.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 01, 2012, 10:01:31 PM
What we lack is pace. The only player who started that has a lot was Frei and the lad was clueless today. The Iranian has a bit but no one else does. Our defense has always been slow but usually organized, That seem to escape us in the latter stages today. Berba needs the ball and someone making a run. The few times that situation occured, Berba did his part but neither Sidwell, Petric or the Iranian could finish.

Riether is quick, quality going forward and gets back really quickly.

NewYorkYank

I think there can be little dispute that Senderos has been playing poorly over the past few games.  The debate appears to be "Senderos is [fill in the blank in a way that is not censored]," on the one hand, and "He is not entirely to blame" on the other.  However, I think it is less evident that he is inherently a poor player.  I thought he was immense playing for Switzerland in the World Cup before he was injured (his injuries are a different story), and looked forward to his playing for Fulham.  Recall last year the debate as to who was the better partner for Hangeland.  While there was a healthy disagreement, it was still a debate.  There were legitimate arguments as to why some thought that Senderos was the better choice than Hughes, even if one disagreed with them.

It seems apparent that Senderos is undergoing some crisis of confidence.  He seems to go from being overly aggressive to being indecisive in the space of five minutes. I particularly noticed how poor his passing was on Saturday particularly because, for all his flaws, Senderos has been a much better distributor of the ball than Hughes.  Maybe it is lack of sharpness, maybe it is the pressure of the games, or maybe it is not playing with Hangelund.

Whatever the reason, I think it is still too early to write him off completely.