watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Relegation 6 pointer with QPR then

Started by mangoputney, December 01, 2012, 06:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psand22

I can't answer for DDeuce or Duke, but the majority of your posts Mango are "the sky is falling, or the glass is always half empty."  Too much doom and gloom.  We might not make the dizzing heights we want this year, but we're not going down.  It's a long season and we still have the January market to pick up reinforcements for the run in. 

mangoputney

Don't mind being a described a chicken little but not a troll

Fairly obvious most opinions fit either positive or negative

Only those negative / realistic get slaughtered or dismissed

Sorry about that, but think this season has been a bit tepid

Re: post title, pre-empting sky / media headlines in light of our current form, didn't realise so many sensitive at jest

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

SaltfordWhite

Quote from: ddeuce on December 01, 2012, 06:49:58 PM
AHahahahahaha

The meltdown on this board is BRILLIANT

It really is quite something.  I didn't realise that so many eight year olds supported the club.

mangoputney

Moving into the realms of six pointers at home yet????
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

DukeTyrion

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: mangoputney on December 29, 2012, 06:23:48 PM
Moving into the realms of six pointers at home yet????

We need 15 points to stay up, which we will comfortably achieve.

The only six pointers are the six points from relegation we currently stand.

Lighthouse

Still not sure why we could not be dragged into the third play relegation place. Our form up to the last few games indicates a struggle. Wigan is a six pointer and would be even more so but for the fine win at WBA.

Still nervy until we can return to early season form.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 02, 2013, 02:20:45 PM
Still not sure why we could not be dragged into the third play relegation place. Our form up to the last few games indicates a struggle. Wigan is a six pointer and would be even more so but for the fine win at WBA.

Still nervy until we can return to early season form.

We have 5 winnable home games (Wigan, West Ham, Stoke, QPR and Reading) and five winnable away games (Villa, Norwich, Sunderland, Swansea and Newcastle). If we can grab 5 wins from that we are safe, not including any draws/other wins picked up at home against the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

We could go down, but even after our dreadful run we are still 6 points off relegation. If we match the first half of the season performance (good and bad in equal measures) we'll be safe on 42 points.

It would take a relatively big catastrophe to get relegated, including signing no new players and losing several.

We've been very hit and miss, but ultimately, the table has us better than the relegation rivals Villa, Wigan, Newcastle, Sunderland and Southampton.

HatterDon

If we take Wigan apart comfortably, I'll be convinced that we're mid-table certs. If we don't get 3 against them, I'll be convinced that we'll be in the danger zone until at least the 1st of March.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MasterHaynes

Quote from: BillNRoc on December 01, 2012, 09:48:05 PM
If Senderos is our cover at CB, we need help there. If Kelly is our cover at FB, we need help there. We all know we need help in midfield, plus improved durability from Ruiz and Kaca, to finish above 15th. And maybe we need to recall Stockdale, too; that was as soft a goal as any Premier League keeper is likely to surrender.

FFC as constituted today cannot compete for top 7. We resemble a bunch of clubs that pop up and down from 8 to 15 when we're scoring goals, but we seem to have forgotten how. That puts us into bottom 5 territory. When a club enters such a tailspin, will transfer targets look elsewhere to avoid becoming part of the carnage?
When Hidgson got us into Europe the squad did not look like one that would have been able to finish 7th but the whole was greater than the parts as Norwich and WBA have already shown this season

mangoputney

Quote from: HatterDon on January 02, 2013, 05:55:49 PM
If we take Wigan apart comfortably, I'll be convinced that we're mid-table certs. If we don't get 3 against them, I'll be convinced that we'll be in the danger zone until at least the 1st of March.

4 to 6 points off Wigan and West Ham a very nice cushion