watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's Official - Post Match hysteria

Started by zzamora, December 01, 2012, 06:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I agree the comments about Frei are ridiculous he is a great talent and will respond to his performance today, I will always back any player playing for Fulham and don't like to criticize any player either, we have a lot of quality in the squad but we won't win games in this league playing soneone as poor as Senderos

JackyFulham90

When we win next Monday the forum will have how we can push for the top 6, Ohh the joys of football

grandad

They try their hardest but Sidwell & Baird are no more than squad players. Diarra is a little slow & I think he is not a long term prospect. We badly need 2 to replace them in the starting X1. Ruiz is our only creative player playing at 10 but we are lost when he is out injured.
Where there's a will there's a wife

epsomraver

Quote from: grandad on December 02, 2012, 08:42:09 AM
They try their hardest but Sidwell & Baird are no more than squad players. Diarra is a little slow & I think he is not a long term prospect. We badly need 2 to replace them in the starting X1. Ruiz is our only creative player playing at 10 but we are lost when he is out injured.

What a load of tosh, Sidwell played really well with good old fashioned tackles that put Dempsey in his place, Baird has played well and has good distribution, he should have played instead of that donkey Senderos, I really wonder sometimes what games people watch.

epsomraver

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on December 02, 2012, 07:54:34 AM
I agree the comments about Frei are ridiculous he is a great talent and will respond to his performance today, I will always back any player playing for Fulham and don't like to criticize any player either, we have a lot of quality in the squad but we won't win games in this league playing soneone as poor as Senderos

Totally agree but Frei was too predictable yesterday and he needs to beef up, he is too easily dispossessed

Berserker

Quote from: Logicalman on December 02, 2012, 01:17:27 AM
OK, enough with looking on the bright side you lot - lets get real and see the downside - Helgas back next week!!!

I'll tell you something after the last two home games i want to move to a Fulham supporters only stand next season instead of the Putney end, i just wanted to be surrounded by  supporters yesterday that felt my pain. To be honest, and i'll probably get shouted at for this, i've actually enjoyed away matches more this season than cottage ones of late.
By the way i know nothing about tactics, so can't say where our team our going wrong, including Jol, but did kinda think this would happen  after our tranfer window issues. Burt and Mr No Good Boyo, i'm trying to hard to gird my loins but i'm afraid the knashing of teeth and depression is making that near impossible at the moment.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ron

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 01, 2012, 07:59:24 PM
"To all of those keeping a clam, reasoned head"

...Oysterrer! I am not shellfish and have tried to keep a clam head, but that performance didn't warm the cockles of my heart as we were out-mussled and now I feel crabby...

...perhaps we should have tried a few lobster put the ball in the Spurs penalty area......?

alfie

Quote from: epsomraver on December 02, 2012, 08:49:27 AM

What a load of tosh, Sidwell played really well with good old fashioned tackles that put Dempsey in his place, Baird has played well and has good distribution, he should have played instead of that donkey Senderos, I really wonder sometimes what games people watch.

Why is it necessary to insult a player by calling him a donkey, he is out on that pitch trying his best and ok maybe he is not good enough, but the manager picks the team, i personally do not think he is a bad player, he was being blamed for the 2nd goal but the spurs player (sorry can't spell his name) was always favourite to go past him, it has happened to both Hughes and Hangeland, and who was supposed to be marking Defoe, from what i saw Hughes just seemed to be watching, but of course the 2 H's can never do anything wrong, Senderos carries that mantle of "a disaster waiting to happen", his tackling will get him sent off, well that has not happened, but it has happened to Hangeland with a 2 footed lunge and people are defending him.

so it is so easy to blame Senderos or Kelly or whoever, but what about the players up the other end not scoring where is their responsibility, who was there to stop the ball from reaching the spurs front players, they were not doing their jobs.

Lets not make a scapegoat of anyone of the Fulham players, it's a team effort when we win and a team effort when we don't.

I don't know Mr EpsomR what you do for a living but i am sure if someone did not like what you do, you would not be happy being called names. I guess though that we are constantly being told that this is a forum for opinions and views of which you are entitled to have.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Burt

We are on a bad run.

But it wasn't awful yesterday... Up until they scored, we were the better side. And in Berba we had the best player on the pitch. Unfortunately we fell apart after their first. That said, 0-3 was flattering.

I would like to think we have sufficient quality to pull through this.

My worry is that Berba starts thinking too much about what he has let himself in for, given the gulf in class between him and the rest.

FC Silver Fox

Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

MJG

Quote from: alfie on December 02, 2012, 11:55:28 AM

Why is it necessary to insult a player by calling him a donkey, he is out on that pitch trying his best and ok maybe he is not good enough, but the manager picks the team, i personally do not think he is a bad player, he was being blamed for the 2nd goal but the spurs player (sorry can't spell his name) was always favourite to go past him, it has happened to both Hughes and Hangeland, and who was supposed to be marking Defoe, from what i saw Hughes just seemed to be watching,
if you watch the second goal again Hughes was marking Defoe but had to make the move forward towards the player once he got past Senderos(or he would have had a clear shot at goal. Riise then moved from his man but it was all too quick for Riise to make a challenge on Defoe. As someone who has played as a defender all my life Hughes did the right thing by going forward towards the man. Senderos was very flat footed and someone of his experience should have done better.

Logicalman

Quote from: MJG on December 02, 2012, 12:57:22 PM

Why is it necessary to insult a player by calling him a donkey, he is out on that pitch trying his best and ok maybe he is not good enough, but the manager picks the team, i personally do not think he is a bad player, he was being blamed for the 2nd goal but the spurs player (sorry can't spell his name) was always favourite to go past him, it has happened to both Hughes and Hangeland, and who was supposed to be marking Defoe, from what i saw Hughes just seemed to be watching,
if you watch the second goal again Hughes was marking Defoe but had to make the move forward towards the player once he got past Senderos(or he would have had a clear shot at goal. Riise then moved from his man but it was all too quick for Riise to make a challenge on Defoe. As someone who has played as a defender all my life Hughes did the right thing by going forward towards the man. Senderos was very flat footed and someone of his experience should have done better.

I have to agree totally with this. Senderos is NOT a bad player at all, and has had both good and poor games, unfortunately, for the stand-in games whilst Helga is out, and I hate to say this, but he has been shown to be a little too slow and plays out of position. He has failed to anticipate when he should have (for a Prem player that is), and that has cost us goals both directly and indirectly.

I got the impression that he was simply not match fit - mentally that is - and perhaps a longer run would provide him with that fitness that we all need to see, and that I, for one, believe he has (and I believe something that RH also saw).

alfie

Quote from: MJG on December 02, 2012, 12:57:22 PM

that is a fair comment, which is much better than calling someone a donkey, i was at the game and i really could not see what was happening and only saw it once on the news, in another thread Kelly was afforded the position that he has not had the match fitness and was off the pace, well to be honest Senderos has had just 2 games more, and someone with the experience of Hangerland should not have slid in with a 2 footed tackle and got sent off, but it happens, and it just annoys me that forwards get paid to do a job of scoring goals but they are not doing their jobs and never seem to get the abuse that defenders do, a forward player loses the ball it immediately goes down the other end they score and it is the defenders fault.

Ah well thats football for you.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Boggers

I'm firmly in the keep calm camp. Yesterday was a bad day, Sunderland was a bad day. Chelsea was a reasonably good day. These patches happen over the season.

What is painfully obvious to me is that we miss Ruiz. We haven't looked like scoring for three games now and it's no concidence that he's been injured in that time.

Come January we need to sign another creative no. 10 who can play just in front of the midfield, control the tempo and feed Berba and the wingers.

We will bounce back.
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

cebu

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 01, 2012, 07:59:24 PM
"To all of those keeping a clam, reasoned head"

...Oysterrer! I am not shellfish and have tried to keep a clam head, but that performance didn't warm the cockles of my heart as we were out-mussled and now I feel crabby...

I suppose you think that's funny!

I know I do    064.gif   064.gif   :Haynes The Maestro:

A Humble Man

We are missing our three best player behind Berbatov so the resent results should not be a surprise.  The fact that Mark has suddenly lost form is another contributing factor.

The panic is an overreaction to a lack of squad cover for top players.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

HatterDon

Quote from: A Humble Man on December 03, 2012, 12:00:21 AM
We are missing our three best player behind Berbatov so the resent results should not be a surprise.  The fact that Mark has suddenly lost form is another contributing factor.

The panic is an overreaction to a lack of squad cover for top players.

Suddenly?  :58:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

"Sidwell played really well with good old fashioned tackles that put Dempsey in his place,'...
What game were you watching, Raver?  Dempsey effectively played the role we are most in need of--the man who springs the player up top with passes simply beautiful to behold--just the right pace and touch, threading a needle of space--how many goals now does Defoe have courtesy of Clint?   Who plays that role for us right now?  Defoe is getting, I think, easy one on one goals close in, thanks to Clint and Sygurrdson (sp?).  They hand him his food, a fork, knife, and napkin and say, here, eat, Jermaine.  Who is doing that for Dimitar right now?  Or for Petric?  Occasionally knocking superior players down might help, but you can't do it all game long.  And it's no recipe for success.  (I'm pretending Stoke doesn't exist.)  Bale went down and Clint shifted left and still we couldn't stop them.  What are we in now, 13th place?  I have some peeves to air.  First, Berb has eyes in the back of his head and can flick onto the feet of teammates better than anyone, but why doesn't he feign passing and take it in himself more often on those few times we get him the ball?  Second, our mids aren't transitioning back quickly enough when possession changes.  We're asking too much of Senderos to stop speedy counterattackers one on one.  He is there to play an area, but not be hung out alone.  Third, Dejagah never quit, not once.  He acted like he was playing on a team which expected, demanded, to win.  I didn't see that in most of the others' body language.  I'm not throwing in the towel on these players.  They simply played a better team.  But they must win against the lower ranked teams.  It's all about the points.  Another thing that bothers me: Who is the Fulham defender that offenses fear?  I mean, that guy who hurts the other children?  Rough, mean, stand you up, shut you down, and get right in your grille kind of defender.  I don't think we have one.  We are soft.  Sidwell gets called for rash tackles, but no one is afraid to see Sidwell in front of them.  I want that kind of player in the backfield 'cause that attitude is infectious.