Main Menu

How long before..

Started by Admin, December 02, 2012, 01:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: fulhamben on December 02, 2012, 07:01:17 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 02, 2012, 05:48:23 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 02, 2012, 01:34:24 PM
Yes but doing flicks and tricks are just that if nobody around him reads what he is doing. I am sure Berbatov will leave, he needs somebody around him who is an out and out forward. Playing so deep sometimes means we as a team play deep. With or without Ruiz being fit we need an out and out striker as well.

I recall a certain forward called Petric who demolished the Norwich back line and chased the Man Utd midfield down time and time again. Yes of course Dembele was a key factor in that particular game but ultimately it was Petric who chased down a lost cause and we scored. Two games in he was the man and when he came on as a sub a couple of weeks ago he did what nobody else looked like doing all day and scored. I suppose it will be a while before the Berbatov/Petric debate becomes the Petric/Berbatov one.
actually it should be who is the better striker to play in front of ruiz so it should be ruiz/berbatov or ruiz/petric

Are you saying that 4.5.1 or 4.4.1.1 is the plan? I have no idea what the Jol plan has been recently other than our lone forward is often isolated, if we play two up top the distribution from the midfield falters or its the wrong two and if we go 4.4.1.1 we become one dimensional.................. or should that be too dependant on the 1.1 element. The reliance on Ruiz saving the season or Berbatov finally finding a forward he can work with is becoming scary. 

JackyFulham90

With Hangeland , Kaca & Ruiz fit our squad of 18 looks top 10 I feel, we have certainly missed them

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Hangeland Riise

Duff/Dejagah Sidwell Diarra Kacaniklic

Ruiz

Berbatov

Subs - Etheridge , Senderos , Baird , Dejagah/Duff , Frei , Rodallega , Petric

For me that is top 10 no doubt but with a few injuries we begin to struggle we certainly need to atrenghten in January but if we keep our team fit throughout December we can certainly pick up points

Count Berbatov

Man Utd fans went through the same thing. Arms up in the air, doesn't run... etc
It's the way he is whether towards a teammate or simply frustrated with himself. It's all the same. He's NEVER disrespectful though. And is always the first to recognize a teammates' good play and a contribution

Let me ask you, have you ever seen him celebrate a goal by himself? Maybe if it was an individual effort, but otherwise he always, repeat always, recognizes the assists!

Hope this place does not turn into another one some man utd fans made of theirs
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Count Berbatov

... In regards to whether he'll move on out of frustration. I'm not going to lie, people are talking about it. But that's people. Berba is not a quitter
Unless Barca came in for him, I can't see him go.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

SmithyFFC

Didn't Berba make an appearance for United against Everton in the first game of the season? Surely that should mean it can't move in January at least?
FTID

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I do not think Berbatov will go anywhere, he has a two year contract and he gets to play every week.  He has been in the game long enough to know that every team have a run of bad form. 
He is an intelligent player and I am sure that extends to  his general thought process.
Captain duties have made him more serious and intense, and a player like him does not like loosing, that is all there is to it.  

A Humble Man

He and Ruiz were making a fantastic partnership which will resume soon.   He will be happy and we will start banging the goals in again.

We have lost our best three players after Berbatov for the last three games, that would hurt any team. 

Watch us fly again soon.  The important think is Jol will have learnt from these three games where he need to urgently strengthen the squad.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: A Humble Man on December 02, 2012, 11:35:40 PM
He and Ruiz were making a fantastic partnership which will resume soon.   He will be happy and we will start banging the goals in again.

We have lost our best three players after Berbatov for the last three games, that would hurt any team. 

Watch us fly again soon.  The important think is Jol will have learnt from these three games where he need to urgently strengthen the squad.
Amen to that

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE Using Tapatalk 2