News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clint Dempsey.. Evening Standard... get a tissue.....

Started by mr-ska, November 29, 2012, 12:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

This is becoming borderline absurd.  Live vs. tele will always give different perspectives.  We all know that.  Even depending on where you sit at the Cottage will give you a different "sound" persepective.  We all know that.  Let's just all move on.  We don't want to become the offal.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

zzamora

Quote from: mccscratch on December 03, 2012, 10:42:53 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on December 03, 2012, 10:29:33 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 03, 2012, 10:25:56 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on December 03, 2012, 10:21:16 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on December 03, 2012, 10:11:38 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on December 03, 2012, 10:04:16 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on December 03, 2012, 06:05:31 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on December 03, 2012, 04:26:59 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 03, 2012, 04:13:09 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on December 03, 2012, 04:03:47 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 03, 2012, 04:01:19 PM
@mccscratch

If you had been there, you would have noticed that it was a minority of fans booing and most were getting behind the team and singing. It went quiet after they scored and just as the songs got going again, they scored twice more, killing the tie and the atmosphere.

What a pathetic comment from the peanut gallery.

I think you would sing a different tun if you would have seen the broadcast I watched.... I watched the stream first live and then the HD replay of the match... Spurs sang more of the match and louder... and you say it was only a select few who booed but they sure were louder than any Fulham singing... sorry it is a FACT

Throwing fellow fans under the bus in order to suck up to Dempsey more is just embarrassing.

The spurs fans were silent until they started winning. The Dempsey booing lessened during the game and, again, was a minority of people.

Re-read your post, you sound like a Spurs fan. Perhaps you should consider heading over to North London.

Your post is well out of line and I expect an apology considering I am one of the original Americans on this board and the OFFAL before that... I would call you every name in the book at this point and threaten to meet up the next time I am over (February) for a friendly pre-match conversation.... but the fact is you are just not worth the bother...

seriously anytime someone defends Dempsey (who happens to be a major part of Fulham's premier league history) they are deemed disloyal to the club they support even though they are still here after he is gone... it is sad really....

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif
Quote from: mccscratch on December 03, 2012, 04:42:51 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 03, 2012, 04:36:18 PM
What you hear on TV is not what you hear at the ground and what you hear at the ground depends on where you are sitting.

From the Riverside there was some booing of Dempsey audible from the Hammersmith End.

Dempsey's behaviour, good bad or ugly, is of no significance for an FFC supporter in the context of the match and anyone who thinks otherwise simply doesn't "get" English football.

Yes... I don't get English football because I am American.... one problem though.... OH YEAH... I actually played English football so I guess that argument kind of falls on deaf ears...

Right. That makes sense.

Some people... this board is so funny to read at times.

Actually Ddeuce if you had been around this board and the OFFAL long enough you would know that when I state "I actually played English football".... it means just that... not some yank who had a kick in the park...

I played for Chelsea F.C. in 1994-1995 for the youth and rezzies under Graham Rix... I have played or attended hundreds of football matches in the UK and abroad so Tony Gs comment was just silly when directed at me... I understand it just fine and likely more than most.

Really? Well I played for Southamptons first team back in 2009. No one noticed me.

Being able to "play" football makes you no more informed than anyone else.

Will agree with that statement but I feel confident in saying that you would be hard pressed to find an American who is as informed about the game of football as myself. I have attended more abroad matches that most journalist who cover the sport here and I can tell you that from the sound on the broadcast....the Fulham crowd was more concerned about booing Dempsey than they were about singing... they just were...
that is complete bollocks and suggest you buy a new tv.
I was surprised the abuse of Dempsey was not more than what it was. He got off lightly as far as I was concerned.

Have you been to "a" fulham game?

I have just changed my AVATAR picture to show my 2008-2009 season ticket holder pin.... do you want to apologize now or later in a PM you flipping tw@t

I was just asking. It wasn't supposed to be an insult.

Fancy responding to all my other points?

LBNo11

...tit-for-tat comments going around in circles - we are all different and react to situations differently. The game is over, the conclusions made, it is the past and history; the subject will no doubt be raised again when we have the build-up and post-mortem when we play them again but this post is now being directed at individual members and so I am locking it as no matter who says what and with what authority and convictions the other will not be convinced or acquiesce to any of the points raised.

At the game I did not boo him but gave him stick for his dive as I would any opposition player that dived. I neither cheered nor clapped him, I just preferred to remember what a great contribution he made to this club I love - and now he is gone...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC