more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff(05/12/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 05, 2012, 04:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Ben Arfa Could Make Fulham

As we wait to see the extent of injuries from the Wigan victory, with Davide Santon, Demba Ba and Cheick Tiote all leaving the pitch to varying degrees of concern, there is at least some good news on the injury list front.

Speaking to the Chronicle, Alan Pardew was asked about how Hatem Ben Arfa was coming along;

"Hatem won't have a chance for Bordeaux unfortunately but I do think he'll have a chance for Fulham".

I'm not quite sure about the comment regarding Bordeaux....as surely that is the very least of our worries with qualification already assured and surely a very young/experienced side is going to take the pitch in France. Finishing first or second in the group hardly at the top of our worry list.

With Hatem Ben Arfa getting injured in the Europa League match against Maritimo it would be very strange if the manager involved arguably our most valuable player in a more or less meaningless dead rubber, however this is a very strange season so who knows what would have been the case if Hatem had been available.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-wire/ben-arfa-could-make-fulham/?

WhiteJC

Newcastle Ticket Update

Next up for Martin Jol and the Whites are Newcastle United on Monday (8pm). The last time the Magpies visited the Cottage, Fulham ran out 5-2 winners, scoring all five goals in the second half.

Match tickets are still available on General Sale and are priced from £40 for Adults and £20 for Juniors.

Supporters can buy online from fulhamfc.com/tickets or by calling 0843 208 1234.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/december/04/newcastle-ticket-update?

WhiteJC

We need to bounce back - Hughes

Aaron Hughes has told his Fulham team-mates to move on from the Tottenham drubbing and get back to winning ways against Newcastle.

The 33-year-old defender expressed his disappointment after the Cottagers followed up a creditable draw at Chelsea last week with a comprehensive mauling against Spurs at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

It leaves Martin Jol's men without a win in seven and just four points on the board from a possible 21, but Hughes insists the scoreline flattered Spurs and the Fulham players need to focus on the things they did right in the draw at Stamford Bridge as opposed to dwelling on the defeat.

Hughes said: "After the great performance and the great point we got in midweek at Chelsea, I think it's important to try and keep level headed about it.

"Everyone was really high and buoyant after Wednesday, so it's important that we don't get too low after the Spurs game.

"We have to try and stay somewhere in the middle and keep going because there's a long way to go and we've got a busy period at Christmas where we can pick up points, so let's just keep going.

"We've got a little bit of time between now and the next match so we can recharge a little bit and we've got plenty of time for recovery.

"We've got a few little niggles and knocks so hopefully it gives them a couple of days to heal and repair and that means we go into the game with Newcastle with as full a squad as we can."

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/we-need-to-bounce-back---hughes-1511724.html?

WhiteJC

Contract talks on hold for Fulham keeper

MARTIN Jol believes Mark Schwarzer could carry on playing until he's 45 - but is in no rush to open contract talks with the veteran Fulham keeper.

The Australian international's deal at Craven Cottage is up in the summer and he has already set his sights on the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Schwarzer, 40, has been ever-present for Fulham this season, and Jol says he can go on for some time yet if he remains injury-free.

He said: "If he's like he is now – still fit – then he can carry on until he's 45! That can change in a couple of months, especially with older players, but with keepers they're different.

"If you look at (Brad) Friedel at Spurs who's even older, he's still looking good, but it depends on their fitness."

Schwarzer, Damien Duff, Chris Baird and Simon Davies are all in the final 12 months of their contracts, but while Jol has offered fresh terms to skipper Brede Hangeland, he is in no hurry to open talks with the others.

"We've got a number of players in their last year so that will be the thing for the next couple of months," he added.

"For the older players it's not important to talk now, but if they do well we want to keep our best players."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/12/04/82029-32361851/?#ixzz2E9KkLe6a

WhiteJC

Reported Everton, Manchester United and Fulham target Vegard Forren eyes new challenge

Vegard Forren: Is looking for a new challenge and will reportedly be watched on Thursday

Norwegian defender Vegard Forren is set to be watched by numerous clubs when current side Molde take on Stuttgart in the Europa League on Thursday.

The 24-year-old has previously been linked with Everton, Manchester United and Fulham.

Agent Jim Solbakken says while the defender is keen on a new challenge, he will stay at Molde if the right offer is not forthcoming.

Solbakken told Romsdal Budstikke: "There is still a big interest for Vegard and other Molde players.

"Vegard is keen to get a new challenge, but at the same time he is happy at Molde.

"In case nothing that is interesting for both him and the club, he will stay at Molde."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8308921?

WhiteJC

Hangeland on brink of signing new Fulham contract
The Cottagers are confident that their club captain will sign a fresh deal and extend his spell in west London beyond next summer, when his current agreement expires

Brede Hangeland is on the brink of signing a new Fulham contract, Goal.comcan reveal.

The London club have offered the key defender an improved deal and are confident he will put pen to paper before the new year.

Fulham want their skipper's future sorted out before January, when he will able to sign a free transfer pre-contract agreement with a foreign club.

Goal.com understands that contract negotiations with Hangeland are advanced and that has indicated he will put pen to paper on a deal that will keep him at the club up until at least 2014. The Norway international's current deal expires next summer.

Arsenal have shown interest in Hangeland in the past but did not make strong advances and the centre-back, who moved to Craven Cottage in January 2008 from FC Copenhagen, is content in west London.

"Brede doesn't want to go to a high profile club," a source close to the player told Goal.com. "He is low key and riches don't motivate him."

Nevertheless, Hangeland's salary is expected to be brought in line with Fulham's top bracket of earners like £4million summer signing Dimitar Berbatov and long-serving goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer.

The Londoners operate a strict wage structure and no player at the club is believed to be paid more than £50,000-a-week. As revealed by Goal.com, Fulham negotiated a deal with Manchester United in which England's highest-earning club pay a portion of Berbatov's salary.

Speaking last week, manager Martin Jol said that he was hopeful that his centre-back would stay at Craven Cottage,

"We are talking to [Hangeland]," Jol told the Fulham and Hammersmith Chronicle. "He knows what we've offered him is good so hopefully he will make a decision in the next month or so. We're optimistic."

Hangeland is expected to return to the Fulham starting line-up for the short trip to QPR on Saturday after serving a three-match suspension.

Fulham lost twice and earned an honourable goal-less draw at Chelsea in the Norwegian's absence, slipping to 13thin the league table.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/12/05/3577772/-?

WhiteJC

Academy Insight

In getting to know some of the Club's younger players, fulhamfc.com pay a regular visit to our Under-21 and Under-18 squads to put our starlets in the spotlight. Today it's the turn of Under-18s forward Muamer Tankovic who talked us through his fledgling career so far and some dubious television tastes.

How long have you been at the Club now?

This is my second season at Fulham. I was spotted playing for Sweden at youth level. Martin Jol saw me play a game against Wales and he took me over here. It was a little bit hard at first when I came to England. The first few months were tough but from then on it was fine.

For the fans who don't know that much about you, what sort of player are you?

I like to play in the hole as a number 10. I see myself as a technical player who can score and has vision. There are areas for improvement - I'm not slow but I could be faster. Some of my friends say I play like Mesut Ozil. A few people here at Fulham have compared me to Santi Cazorla. I'll take both of them!

Who are you closest to at Fulham?

Dino Islamovic, Alexander Kačaniklić and Tom Richards.

Who did you support growing up in Sweden?

I've always been a Real Madrid fan.

What was the first football shirt that you owned?

It was Barcelona one! But I took the badge off. I only got it because it had Ronaldinho on the back!

I take it your nickname is Tank?

It is in England!

Away from the pitch, what is your all-time favourite film?

Step Up 3.

What song would you choose for a spot of karaoke?

Mario – Let Me Love You.

And what do you never miss on television?

One Tree Hill.

In turning your attentions to your teammates, which one makes you laugh the most?

Moussa Dembele. He's just a funny guy. And a very good player.

Who out of the squad is the best and worst dressed?

Can I say myself for best dressed?! The best is maybe Jordan Evans. The worst is Josh Passley. I can't really say why, it's just not my style!

You lot also love your tricks - which player has the most in his locker on that front? Some people have said you!

I've got some tricks, that's true. Tom Richards also has some skills.

And finally, as your career moves forward, what's the one piece of advice that you remember above the rest?

A good player always shows when they go low. It means when you're having a tough time, a good player will always be able to come back again.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/december/05/academy-insight?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss reveals Ruiz fears

MARTIN JOL admits Bryan Ruiz's international commitments are getting in the way of Fulham's progress this season.

The Whites boss expects the Costa Rican to have made a full recovery from a hamstring injury this week and be available for Monday's visit of Newcastle to Craven Cottage.

But the Dutchman says a recurring theme for the 27-year-old has been returning from long overseas trips less than 100 per cent.

It is a familiar lament for the manager, who made similar observations about Mohamadou Diarra after he returned from Mali with a knee injury at the start of the season.

"This year, he [Ruiz] is much stronger than last year and every time I played him, he was one of our better players, so he's coping with English football," Jol said.

"But every time he goes to Costa Rica, he comes back with an injury.

"He's captain of his country, so he wants to play there and of course, we have to allow him to play there, but he had two or three times this
last year when he went and came back with a little problem."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/12/05/82029-32366412/?#ixzz2EBudbPNL

WhiteJC

Fulham and Sunderland set for battle over Brazilian youngster

Fulham and Sunderland are locked in a three-way battle with Atletico Madrid to sign Rayo Vallecano starlet Leo Baptistao, according to reports in Spain.

Baptistao, 20, has helped to fill the void left by the departure of Michu to Swansea City - he has notched six league goals already this season - and he is starting to attract attention from across Europe.

The Brazilian moved to Rayo from his homeland at the age of 16 and made his senior debut last year.

His contract - which expires in 2015 - contains a £6.5m release clause.

Senior Atletico Madrid chiefs have been sent to scout the attacker this season, and they are convinced they can lure him from Vallecano to the other side of the Spanish capital.

But Premier League sides Fulham and Sunderland are also thought to be tracking Baptistao and with Cottagers boss Martin Jol keen to lower the average age of his squad, he could be tempted to make a January move for the youngster

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/121205/fulham-and-sunderland-set-battle-over-brazilian-youngster-18?#ixzz2EBuzY5LG
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/121205/fulham-and-sunderland-set-battle-over-brazilian-youngster-18?#HTiEOHwdQxTERoHO.99

WhiteJC

Travel Disruptions

Supporters travelling to Craven Cottage on Boxing Day for Fulham's fixture with Southampton should be aware of significant disruptions on the Tube due to a planned strike, as well as a full shutdown of the National Rail network.

Fans are advised to plan their journey in advance and check for updated travel news before setting off for the 3pm kick-off.

Supporters attending our home game with Swansea City should also note there is no District Line service between Hammersmith and South Kensington, or Edgware Road and Wimbledon on Saturday 29th December.

Fans are advised to use the Piccadilly Line (or District Line services from the west) to Hammersmith and walk along Fulham Palace Road, or alternatively use South West Train services to Putney Station and walk across Putney Bridge. The game kicks-off at 3pm.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/december/05/travel-disruptions?

WhiteJC

Newcastle Ticket Update

Next up for Martin Jol and the Whites are Newcastle United on Monday (8pm). The last time the Magpies visited the Cottage, Fulham ran out 5-2 winners, scoring all five goals in the second half.

Match tickets are selling fast but are still available on General Sale, priced from £40 for Adults and £20 for Juniors.

Supporters can buy online from fulhamfc.com/tickets or by calling 0843 208 1234.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/december/05/newcastle-tickets-selling-fast?