watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Gale

Started by Rudolph, December 04, 2012, 04:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Humble Man

Gale is a journalist who is also a Fulham supporter he tells it how it is and sees the deficiencies in our players and does not view the Club with the rose tinted glasses most fans wear. 

Jol is a very good manager but for the life of me I cannot see why he even thinks of playing Senderos who used to be good players but seems to have lost it all.  Hughes and Hangeland make mistakes but the errors they have made in total this season are less that those that Senderos makes in one game usually.   
We Are Fulham, Believe.

AlFayedsChequebook

I'm bored to death of this debate, and Senderos's recent form has not helped my cause, but I maintain he is a perfectly good back up and a decent player.

What gets on my nerves, and this is more general than the Senderos hatred, is the constant dismissal of players as 'poo' or 'not good enough for a top 10 team' etc etc. Players are attacked with venom and legitimate points about poor performances are drowned out by people screaming blue murder.

What amuses me most about the hatred for big Phil is that this season the defence has been awful long before he turned up, yet when the problems occur once more, he is the culprit.

As we saw last season when the defence was functioning well, there was little difference when Hughes or Senderos played alongside Hangeland. No need to get angry about a player, how about we get behind him - after all he has always given 100% and often looks the most motivated player out there.

A Humble Man

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 04, 2012, 07:48:35 PM
I'm bored to death of this debate, and Senderos's recent form has not helped my cause, but I maintain he is a perfectly good back up and a decent player.

What gets on my nerves, and this is more general than the Senderos hatred, is the constant dismissal of players as 'sh1t' or 'not good enough for a top 10 team' etc etc. Players are attacked with venom and legitimate points about poor performances are drowned out by people screaming blue murder.

What amuses me most about the hatred for big Phil is that this season the defence has been awful long before he turned up, yet when the problems occur once more, he is the culprit.

As we saw last season when the defence was functioning well, there was little difference when Hughes or Senderos played alongside Hangeland. No need to get angry about a player, how about we get behind him - after all he has always given 100% and often looks the most motivated player out there.

Are you Senderos a relation of his or his agent?
We Are Fulham, Believe.

epsomraver

there was little difference when Hughes or Senderos played alongside Hangeland. No need to get angry about a player, what a load of tosh, hangeland always plays worse with Senderos next to him and having him there unerves the whole defence,look at the difference as soon as Hughes was back next to Hangeland ,  when will you and Rudolph/Reindeer accept that you are wrong and everybody else is right including Tony Gale?

Rudolph

Quote from: epsomraver on December 04, 2012, 08:20:16 PM
there was little difference when Hughes or Senderos played alongside Hangeland. No need to get angry about a player, what a load of tosh, hangeland always plays worse with Senderos next to him and having him there unerves the whole defence,look at the difference as soon as Hughes was back next to Hangeland ,  when will you and Rudolph/Reindeer accept that you are wrong and everybody else is right including Tony Gale?

I'll stick to my own opinion rather than that of a vocal few and a journeyman rent-a-gob.

epsomraver

Oh here comes the keyboard warrior bit now, run indoors and take your ball with you :031:

Rudolph

Sorry, I should have qualified that with a smiley.  No harm intended, just wanted to reiterate my beliefs.

epsomraver

None taken, we are all Fulham after all .

Rudolph

Quote from: epsomraver on December 04, 2012, 09:10:19 PM

But in the case of Senderos, some are more Fulham than others.

Logicalman

If you feel blighted by TG's comments, try living this side of the pond having to listen Ian (i'm in the) Darke, and his scouse sidekick who talk up the red poo and Manure in EVERY match (whether those two particular teams are playing in it or not!!).

When I get the opportunity to listen to TG doing the guest commentary on any game (apart from Fulham) rarely will you find a more educated and less bias person to listen to, adding in his own playing experience puts him at the top of the commentator league imho.

Logicalman

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 04, 2012, 07:48:35 PM

What gets on my nerves, and this is more general than the Senderos hatred, is the constant dismissal of players as 'sh1t' or 'not good enough for a top 10 team' etc etc. Players are attacked with venom and legitimate points about poor performances are drowned out by people screaming blue murder.

I have to agree with your sentiments, unfortunately PS's playtime this season, for the most part, has been well below par and what should be expected of a player of his experience. I'll reiterate what I said on Sunday, I believe with more playing time he would be perfectly good fit for the squad, he DOES have the skill, but this bit-part that MJ has him playing, just doesn't suit him, and when he does make mistakes, it just doesn't do his confidence much good either.

I would hope that when Helga returns to the (fit) fold, that mistakes he also makes in that same position will be as highlighted as those that have been for PS, but I doubt they will.

RaySmith

The fact is that our central defenders have often looked very exposed under our present system - and sometimes found wanting, and this includes Brede and Hughes.

Well, a centre back is a bit like a keeper, in that every error is magnified, as it can lead to a goal for the opposion, whereas a player can get away with a mistake further up the pitch.

Senderos has come in,because he is the only centre half we have available, plus he is an exprienced Prem player and international. That is why Jol has played him since Brede has been suspended. He has loked very exposed , and prone to error - and , lacking in confidence and  anxious - and i think that is his main problem - makes him appear a far poorer player than he is. When he had a run in the side last season he did improve, though he has always had his critics.

Mysef, i don't see the point in keep having a go at him. He tries his best, I'm sure of that - maybe even tries too hard, but has been found wanting, and the whole defence has looked unbalanced without Brede - who has obviously been an integral part of the team for ages. But even he has become error prone under our new system, and ourdefence has been shaky - only before we were scoring  too - which we haven't done lately.

But , I don't see the point of getting on PS's back - he is only playing until BH gets back - and because  there aren't any other options - and he always does his best.

MJG

Quote from: Rudolph on December 04, 2012, 10:33:36 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on December 04, 2012, 09:10:19 PM

But in the case of Senderos, some are more Fulham than others.
And in the case of Hughes, you are more Senderos than others.

NogoodBoyo

Tony Gale.  I derived so much pleasure out of watching that man on the ball.
He was somewhat slow and chunky but he always knew where to be to defend his goal and his keeper.  His free-kicks into the box were as measured and accurate as any I have seen.  He would often stroll up the park with the ball into space drawing defenders to him before releasing the ball to a team-mate.  His passing was sublime.  All this when he was a teenager.  He just played the game the way I like it played - no fuss, cool and honest.
I respect what he has to say about Senderos.
Nogood "Gale force warning on the Dogger Bank, isit" Boyo

MasterHaynes

Quote from: sipwell on December 04, 2012, 05:38:15 PM
During the games he is also very quick to dismiss Senderos. I just think he really, really does not like the guy and hence every mistake is one to nag about. All of us, who regularly watch football, will know that any player makes mistakes during every game (a bad pass, a pass not given, a header that should have gone in, bad reading of the game, etc.) yet Gale mostly nags about Senderos. He simply does not like him.

Haven't said anything about my trust for Senderos by the way!
' will know that any player makes mistakes during every game' unfortunately with Senderos they are regular but also usually end in goals or very near misses for the opposition.