watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Gale, Senderos and other visionary, skillful Fulham players

Started by NogoodBoyo, December 05, 2012, 03:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

Misleading title but topical as a finger in a mangle.
The Tony Gale attacks Senderos thread got me thinking who else at Fulham had exquisite ball control, visionary passes and the ability to leave three or four opposition defenders on their arses in the mud.  I would go with the following:
George Best
Moussa Dembele
Bobby Moore
Tony Gale

Unfortunately, I was too young to see Haynes in action as I'm sure he'll top many lists.  Berbatov might well be up there too but I want to see him keep the ball, beat players and score more often before he enters my top four.
Nogood "skills, strength and vision, isit" Boyo

keith

I`ll go with;
George Best
Allan Clarke
Bobby Moore
Ray Lewington.

Andy S

What about Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeed
& Boa Morte
Not sure about Alan Clarke though

Sir Alec of good Stock

For 3 games Peter Marinello

Cambridge Utd H 5-1
Luton Town H 1-0
Birmingham City A 4-3

Logicalman

Def sniffer and Maestro for accuracy of passing, ball control and leaving oppos having a sneaky drag on the side-lines, in their time.

jarv

What about Paul Parker. I saw him a few times and when all around were donkeys who couldn't trap a bag of cement he would control the ball, surrounded, and come out with it leaving several on their arse.

BestOfBrede

Plus... Goldbaek, Conway, Barrett, Houghton, Fernandez, Saha, Freeman, and of course Haynes and Berbatov, but there are more I just can't rack me brains enough - too tired and too much alcohol!

Lighthouse

Marsh of course and if we include Goldbaek then you need to include players like the classy Richard Money. Or how about Nick Cusack?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Well, Haynes, who spent his entire career with the club,  has to top our greatest ever player's poll, even though his talent was mainly his close control and long distance passing, rather than going past people - more like Berba than Best.

And Best was past his prime in the short time he was with us, and suffering the effects of his 'lifestyle', though he was still a class above anyone else on the pitch.

I remember Les Barrett for his wing play, and ability to beat people with skill and pace, and Jimmy Conway on the other wing.
And what about George Cohen as an early example of a pacy attacking fulll -back? and then that makes me think of Jimmy Langley as the other full back, with his repertoire of overhead kicks as clearances, and sliding tackles and long throws.

Well, Fulham has had many skilful players, and we all have our faves I suppose.