more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Liverpool Away - advice needed

Started by olly101, December 17, 2012, 03:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olly101

Hi all,

I don't usually do away games (I often work every Saturday) - only been to a handful over the years (Wimbledon, Palace, Spurs, Watford, Pompey, Hamburg)

I'm off for Xmas starting Saturday and I really want to do Liverpool away.

I'm looking at getting the Coach down there from outside the Cottage.

I live in Woking so journey will need to go as follows:
Train (Woking to Wimbledon)
Underground (Wimbledon to PB)
Walk to Ground
Get Coach there, and back
Get a late train back to Woking from Wimbledon (probably changing at Clapham)

So just wondered, firstly...who on FoF is going?

I will be going alone... :( ... so hopefully I'll get to know a few of the away travelers and make some new mates :)

Questions I have are:

Any idea what time the Coach leaves Anfield?
Where it generally drops people off?
What's it like, doing Liverpool away?
Any general advice for a total away-day novice?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Airfix

Not done Anfield before but just one observation (from someone who lives in Godalming).  Isn't Woking - Clapham Junction, Clapham Junction to Putney quicker?

olly101

Quote from: Airfix on December 17, 2012, 03:59:16 PM
Not done Anfield before but just one observation (from someone who lives in Godalming).  Isn't Woking - Clapham Junction, Clapham Junction to Putney quicker?

Yeh sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. I try and get the direct train to Wimbledon from Woking because then I don't need to change and it's usually quicker for me

fulhaman

I am going.  Driving there. And going with some friends who support Liverpool, But I am going in the Fulham end. I am really hoping for a good try out. But I have a feeling we will be lucky to get 400. I also think the players will hopfully give a response to this weekend and hopefully we will sneak a win : )

fulhaman

Plus does anyone know where best to park. As I had a nightmare last season going to Everton

sunburywhite

Quote from: fulhaman on December 17, 2012, 04:19:38 PM
Plus does anyone know where best to park. As I had a nightmare last season going to Everton

I hope you dont have hub caps. If so leave them at home
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

olly101

Taken from an away day website:
Street parking is available near the ground for early arrivals. The car park behind the Anfield Road Stand offers on-site parking. Reasonably priced parking is also available at Goodison Park.

Roberty

You can get a train from Wimbledon to Motspur Park - about 6 minutes
The Motspur Park coach leave from in front of the Earl Beatty which is about two minutes walk from the station.
The coach gets back at about 11pm. (woops - 5:30 KO so the coach will not get back until about 1am ish)

Enjoy - I can't go this year but I did have the pleasure of being there to see us thump them last year.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

SouthfieldWhite

I've been Liverpool and Everton plenty of times, last season in the cup I decided to go by coach, as it was a Friday night and raining , it took us over 6 hours to get there and got back about 3am but that was an evening game, I'd be very surprised if you're back by 11 as I believe it's a 5:30 ok?
I try not to do coaches as a rule though, but in the past it has dropped people off on the way back if you ask nicely, depending on what way they come back, they have dropped people at Sunbury cross and hammer smith in the past, normally leave soon after the match has finished,maybe 20 mins , after, if you want a beer, the coaches normally park up by the Arkle pub which is right next to Anfield
I've also got a few Scouse mates who are trying to get me to go, but that will depends if I've been paid for a job or not by then

Have fun

olly101

filham

A medal should be struck for any Fulham fan making the treck to Anfield following our performance at Loftus Road.

Northern Cottager

£44 for tickets this close to christmas to play some jumped up Scousers especially after our performance on Saturday. Ill give it a miss even if it is an hour away.

olly101

Looks like we'll be lucky to get >50 then... :S

Martin Jol On Toast

I remember when I went couple of years ago, Pantstil own goal 1-0 liverpool worst game i've seen live. Cant be much worse than that!

olly101

Bloody hell lads...making me doubt if I should go or not now!!

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Martin Jol On Toast on December 18, 2012, 04:48:10 PM
I remember when I went couple of years ago, Pantstil own goal 1-0 liverpool worst game i've seen live. Cant be much worse than that!

Oh god i remember that. Might even swerve watching it down the pub.

Gozorich

I saw the heading and assumed it was a plea from Martin Jol.

Travers Barney

Quote from: olly101 on December 18, 2012, 04:54:54 PM
Bloody hell lads...making me doubt if I should go or not now!!

Of course you should go...if you have the resources,approval and the inclination never miss the opportunity of seeing London's oldest team play wherever that may be.

coyw
We are the whites