watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Tony Gale says it like it is

Started by Rudolph, December 18, 2012, 09:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolph

Why is his column this week nothing short of a total whitewash of blame?  Quick to slate Senderos the other week against Spurs, but when one of his faves is culpable it's Brede was unlucky this and Brede unlucky that, note the use of first name for one and not the other.  He wasn't unlucky, he was skinned alive by a relegation threaten mob.

He cannot use his position in the media to talk down decent professionals at the club.  The man obviously has his favourites and it's all too clear to see.

leonffc

All media have favourites. That's why Martin O'neill and Harry Redknapp keep getting jobs. Get over it!!

Hangeland was at fault for QPRs second and has been at fault for a few goals this season. Senderos was woefully at fault for two goals against Spurs. Either way I know who I would prefer in the team.
You really need to get over this obsession now. Move on mate.

MJG

Says the man who bangs on about one player he thinks should be in the team, and then keeps referring back to a mistake another player made in one game months ago.

We all have favs and so do people in the press, that's life.

Rudolph

Quote from: leonffc on December 18, 2012, 09:58:43 PM
All media have favourites. That's why Martin O'neill and Harry Redknapp keep getting jobs. Get over it!!

Hangeland was at fault for QPRs second and has been at fault for a few goals this season. Senderos was woefully at fault for two goals against Spurs. Either way I know who I would prefer in the team.
You really need to get over this obsession now. Move on mate.

I've said before about Senderos, it would probably be best if he moves on, but what gets me is ex-pros using their media position to drive out potentially good players for the club.  That should not be allowed to happen.

Funny you should bring up O'Neill, here's a quote from him:

At the 2006 World Cup, Martin O'Neill, the former Glasgow Celtic and Aston Villa manager, announced in his capacity as a BBC expert: "Ibrahimovic is the most over-rated player in the world."

Pundits get it wrong, as do fans.  

EJL

He never said Hangeland was unlucky. He said that Taarabt was lucky. It was a poor performance all round so TG was right not to single any one out.

Rudolph

Quote from: MJG on December 18, 2012, 10:09:31 PM
Says the man who bangs on about one player he thinks should be in the team, and then keeps referring back to a mistake another player made in one game months ago.

We all have favs and so do people in the press, that's life.

Moved on from defending Senderos on here, it's best that he leaves, but the circs he will leave in are the ones I have issue with.

We've been terrible at the back all season, not just the games whilst Hangeland was away.  You claim I'm blinkered?  You need to have a look at yourself too.

DiegoFulham

@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

MJG

Im not saying who should play. My pov is you keep banging on about one players, telling us to support the XI on the pitch, all of that..as long as in your view Senderos is the one.

You have a go at TG and fans on here for picking on Senderos. I throw that back at you for having it in for Hughes.
Its all just how each individual rates a player really. I have said many times on here why Senderos is perceived (rightly or wrongly) the way he is. Body language etc.
The fact is out of the three players who could fit into the two cb places Senderos is the third choice by many (Are the majority of fans wrong?) Its got nothing to do with sentiment from me, H&H is better than either combination of S&H.
Can we improve at CB?, yes, and I would not be surprised if Douglas joins in January.
You have an issue with TG giving his views then make a complaint.

CanadianCottager

Goals against average with Hangeland: 1.69, with Senderos: 1.75. That being said, the stats wizards over at whoscored.com rate Hangeland at a 6.82 compared to Senderos 6.3 for the season. Hughes clocks in at the 4th best of the squad with a 6.94. Either way, I think some new blood in January wouldn't hurt.

JackyFulham90

Think he was quite accurate we were poor against QPR and played quite well against Newcastle hopefully we see a good performance Saturday at Anfield

Travers Barney

Tony Gale is a Fulham man.

Me...I wouldn't have minded a bit of Senderos's enthusiasm Saturday.

But then again the Hughes/Hangers combo was exemplarary Monday....brave man to change that.

Either way we need a centre half maybe two if the main man departs.

I'm the eternal optimist but we got problems.

coyw

We are the whites