watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Terrible news

Started by Peabody, December 14, 2012, 07:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

My heart goes out to the people and particularly the young victims in Conneticut. Terrible news.

Berserker

Quote from: Peabody on December 14, 2012, 07:26:03 PM
My heart goes out to the people and particularly the young victims in Conneticut. Terrible news.

So sad
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

LBNo11

...sadly a regular event in that part of the world, the second amendment has much innocent blood as it's ink - and will do forever. RIP all the innocents, you and your families did not deserve to suffer - with deep sorrow - Ed...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

YankeeJim

Every time I feel superior to those dumb arse murder bombers in the Middle East something like this happens  and makes me remember that there is not much difference in people regardless of where their from. The one thing that seems to be a theme is that lowlifes like these always seem to pick the innocent. God forbid they strike at someone who can fight back. Flight 99 probably did more to deter airplane hikacking them any security measures.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

berbafan

Human biology dictates that there will always be a fraction, however small, of the population that is extremely violent and not in total control of themselves.  If such people also have easy access to assault weapons, why is anyone surprised about what happens.  Its the rightwing nuts in this country that are enabling all this!  Here you can easily buy a semiautomatic assault rifle capable of shooting more than 60 rounds/min, with 100 round magazines, thousands of bullets, and without undergoing any background checks whatsoever!

bugsy

Quote from: berbafan on December 14, 2012, 09:30:34 PM
Human biology dictates that there will always be a fraction, however small, of the population that is extremely violent and not in total control of themselves.  If such people also have easy access to assault weapons, why is anyone surprised about what happens.  Its the rightwing nuts in this country that are enabling all this!  Here you can easily buy a semiautomatic assault rifle capable of shooting more than 60 rounds/min, with 100 round magazines, thousands of bullets, and without undergoing any background checks whatsoever!

berbafan.....this is an extremely difficult post, being so soon. It's too early for this. The blame and the hate will come later. Whether you're a person of faith, atheist, agnostic or someone that just doesn't give a rats,  spend a moment before you go to bed and give a thought to the horror these families are going through tonight.

Gozorich

I come from Scotland and therefore the Dunblane massacre is always close to my mind. So lets not continue blaming individuals, who of course perpetrate these awful crimes, and accept that this is now a part of the dreadful society in which we now live and  which we endorse.

Forever Fulham

The National Rifle Association has blood on its hands with its lobbying and distortion of the truth, and should finally start acting responsibly.  Guns are too accessible.  It's still easy for mentally ill people to buy guns.   

ScalleysDad

Back on topic as we retire to bed.
Our sincere condolences and prayers are with everyone affected by this tragedy. My two are probably out on the town now and it is moments like this when I think about waiting up for them pretending I could'nt sleep or sending the embarassing text 'ou est vu' for which I will be nagged mercilessly. If there is a god thank you for these chances

Lighthouse

Quote from: berbafan on December 14, 2012, 09:30:34 PM
Human biology dictates that there will always be a fraction, however small, of the population that is extremely violent and not in total control of themselves.  If such people also have easy access to assault weapons, why is anyone surprised about what happens.  Its the rightwing nuts in this country that are enabling all this!  Here you can easily buy a semiautomatic assault rifle capable of shooting more than 60 rounds/min, with 100 round magazines, thousands of bullets, and without undergoing any background checks whatsoever!

I am in total agreement. I am tired of these posts saying how sorry we all are at yet another tragedy because what we need is to stop doing the same thing next year and the year after. Stop allowing angry and frustrated people have easy access to guns. The gun is an instant refuge from invented reasons to our problems. Tragic and horrible AGAIN. Stop allowing people to have guns so easily.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Bronsons

The anger shown here about the NRA is just as heartfelt as the grief. I can't imagine what those families are going through right now. Surely at some point a President in the US will grow a pair and do something about this?

nevzter

As many of you on here are, I'm a father of two young children.  My heart sank at hearing of the news and all of the families that wouldn't have the opportunity to hug or kiss their daughter, son, wife, husband, etc. tonight.  I still have to hold back tears at the thought of the sick atrocity that transpired.  My condolences and prayers.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

YankeeJim

This is not a time for politics but I can't let one side spout their opinions without responding.

This post has been moved to the Gun Control thread
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MisfitKid

Well said YJ.

Sending out my thoughts and prayers.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Mr_Moon

It's such a shame that the gun lobby will be out in force this coming week defending their prehistoric 'right' to own a firearm.

Peabody

The political arguements will come soon enough, surely for this first 48 hours, our thoughts must be for the dead children and adults

Burt

Not close enough to the guns situation in the US to make an informed comment.

But I am close enough to "life" though to know that this awful incident has not just resulted in the loss of so many innocent lives, but has also changed for good the lives of those who witnessed the events, those who are close friends or family, etc. etc. Don't underestimate the ripple effects of things like this.

RIP

alfie

I have no words that can make a difference to the famililes that have lost someone in this needless tradegy except to say may your loved ones rest in peace and may you find some comfort from friends and family.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

premFlem

People should stop telling others how to react. and just give their own feelings, mine are sorrow and anger.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away