watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Terrible news

Started by Peabody, December 14, 2012, 07:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDaddy

Heartbreaking news as a dad of five it really hit me this morning.only just read the papers .rest in peace little ones.god bless the Heros those teachers that gave up there lives protecting the innocent.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

domprague

I spent an hour on Thursday afternoon having a row on Facebook with the friend of a friend who thought the best newspaper headline ever was 'Hungerford massacre' after the local football team beat Hungerford Town 5-0. The article began 'Dulwich shot on sight at Hungerford'.
I said that was possibly the worst headline over and was told to get a sense of humour.
Massacres such as Hungerford, Dunblane and the one yesterday should never be the subject of jokes. The horror should always be raw.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Forever Fulham

This post has been moved to the Gun Control thread

Logicalman

There is a separate thread on the Exiles board for the gun control debate, please use that instead of debating it on this thread which is there for condolences to those families that have only sorrow to look forward to this Christmas.

Gun Control

Peabody

Thanks  for that Logicalman

Matt Inglis

My thoughts go out to the families of those killed. I can't imagine the pain they're in.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

aconnecticutyankee

I live not far from Newtown Connecticut, my wife teaches in a school Pre K through second grade similar to the one that was assulted by a madman yesterday. The teachers at the Sandy Hook Elementary School were beyond brave, shielding their children behind bookcases, in bathrooms and closets until help arrived. In addition to the twenty 6 and 7 year old children, twelve little girls and eight boys, six women teachers and administrators died protecting "their" children. We are numb... to me Fulham FC was a sideshow today as I struggle to cope with the incomprehensible.

Logicalman

Shankley might have got it about right in his famous quote, but nothing can impact more than the death of a child, in whatever circumstances, especially the tragedy that unfolded in Ct this past week. Our thoughts are obviously with the families and all those affected by this. I can appreciate how dreadful this must have been so close to home, in more than one way as well.

MJG

One of the issues I have with this whole saga is the coverage by all the tv channels.
Why oh why are they interviewing the kids. Their 5-10 years old and have just been involved in an horrific event.
I have tweeted and also emailed the news departments to complain that they should not show or do this.
By all means get first hand accounts from adults but kids for ffs.

Logicalman

The list of victims have now been released, with the inclusion of a British lad who moved there 2 years back.

With everything else going on in the next couple of weeks, and not wanting to spoil celebrations, but please just spare a thought for the families here, and the odd prayer wouldn't go amiss. It was so fitting that Victor Cruz (NYG) paid his own tribute yesterday to Jack Pinto, in the only way he could.

Charlotte Bacon, 6
Rachel D'Avino, 29
Olivia Engel, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, 47
Jesse Lewis, 6
Ana Marquez-Greene, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Emilie Parker, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Lauren Rousseau, 30
Mary Sherlach, 56
Victoria Soto, 27
Daniel Barden, 7
Josephine Gay, 7
Madeleine Hsu, 6
Catherine Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
James Mattioli, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison Wyatt, 6

domprague

I agree.

Quote from: MJG on December 16, 2012, 03:28:19 PM
One of the issues I have with this whole saga is the coverage by all the tv channels.
Why oh why are they interviewing the kids. Their 5-10 years old and have just been involved in an horrific event.
I have tweeted and also emailed the news departments to complain that they should not show or do this.
By all means get first hand accounts from adults but kids for ffs.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.