Previous topic - Next topic

simplyfulham

itombomb

MJG

what do you mean if...its a must and at least two of them

RoyTund

Quote from: MJG on December 15, 2012, 04:36:50 PM

Agree. and give kasami a chance!  Most of the time we cannot get away with a baird sidwell combo

Bassey the warrior

That doesn't mean we'll sign one though.

MJG

Quote from: The Moose on December 15, 2012, 05:27:49 PM

That doesn't mean we'll sign one though.
He has to sign 2 first XI midfielders. for all todays faults and lack of performace thats the area where I would spend big.

HatterDon

Quote from: EJL on December 14, 2012, 08:49:03 PM
Quote from: TommyBarrs on December 14, 2012, 08:17:53 PM
I would like Jamie Ohara. hes got a good pass and strong on the ball. plus he wouldnt cost a lot of money.
Can we put the Jamie O'Hara rumour out of it's misery? He's done nothing in the past two years to warrant the glowing reputation he still somehow has.

Not unless we want to resurrect the Bentley rumors. I don't know if that's a good tradeoff or not.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Oiseau

We need a number of midfielders.

We ideally need a regista or playmaker to fill a Murphy-type role. They're very difficult to come by, though.
We also need one or two creative minded midfielders.
We may need a defensive midfielder depending on Diarra's contract situation.

A creative midfielder should be at the very top of our transfer wants list.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: The Moose on December 15, 2012, 12:40:30 PM
Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on December 15, 2012, 10:26:51 AM
I think we need to sign two central midfield players - Diarra is likely to be off to the African Nations Cup, missing 5 games in January. It also looks as though we've been 'making-up' with Liverpool! I would look to the future and sign Jordan Henderson (22 - yet to achieve his full potential, but could thrive with regular first team play, and responsibility) and Chris David (20 - Dutch youth international with FC Twente, creative midfield player). it could be that Chris David could also cover for Ruiz. If we could get both for the money we got for Dembele, that would represent a good deal.

If Diarra were to waltz off to the ACN that really would be a kick in the teeth. He's barely managed a run of games for us this season. As for Chris David I've heard we've already agreed a deal for him. Is he good enough to be playing for the first team though?
He's younger than 30 so he won't play for the first team anyway.

A Humble Man

Do not get a British player, the British are all fat lazy scroungers if you believe the Government.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Julius Geezer

Victor Wanyama.

Pro's: He's a future star, would love to play in the PL and can play centre half as well.
Con's: Would be hard to sign due to wage demands and interest from bigger clubs and is a similar player to Diarra.

Rasmus Elm.

Pro's: One of the most under-rated creative midfielders in Europe. Excellent set-piece taker. International and CL experience.
Con's: Only signed for CSKA Moscow at the start of the season so unlikely to move til at least end of the season. Also his brother was far from a hit at the Cottage.

Both of these guys would be hard to attract but we need to show we're a forward thinking club and stump up the cash to try to sign these sort of players.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Oiseau on December 16, 2012, 09:45:28 PM
We need a number of midfielders.

We ideally need a regista or playmaker to fill a Murphy-type role. They're very difficult to come by, though.
We also need one or two creative minded midfielders.
We may need a defensive midfielder depending on Diarra's contract situation.

A creative midfielder should be at the very top of our transfer wants list.

We don't need another Murphy. He was a deep lying playmaker. We need someone more dynamic. We don't need someone to be making regular 60 yard passes. We play a short passing game.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 16, 2012, 09:51:10 PM
Quote from: The Moose on December 15, 2012, 12:40:30 PM
Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on December 15, 2012, 10:26:51 AM
I think we need to sign two central midfield players - Diarra is likely to be off to the African Nations Cup, missing 5 games in January. It also looks as though we've been 'making-up' with Liverpool! I would look to the future and sign Jordan Henderson (22 - yet to achieve his full potential, but could thrive with regular first team play, and responsibility) and Chris David (20 - Dutch youth international with FC Twente, creative midfield player). it could be that Chris David could also cover for Ruiz. If we could get both for the money we got for Dembele, that would represent a good deal.

If Diarra were to waltz off to the ACN that really would be a kick in the teeth. He's barely managed a run of games for us this season. As for Chris David I've heard we've already agreed a deal for him. Is he good enough to be playing for the first team though?
He's younger than 30 so he won't play for the first team anyway.

You mean like Riether didn't play, nor did Kacaniklic, Kelly, Senderos, Dejagah, Richardson, Frei, Ruiz or Rodallega?
If he's good enough he'll play. Same with any player.

Homo berbatovia

Quote from: Julius Geezer on December 16, 2012, 11:30:09 PM
Rasmus Elm.

Pro's: One of the most under-rated creative midfielders in Europe. Excellent set-piece taker. International and CL experience.
Con's: Only signed for CSKA Moscow at the start of the season so unlikely to move til at least end of the season. Also his brother was far from a hit at the Cottage.

This is a great shout! Like you said, I don't see this happening but someone of that ilk would be perfect