watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RIP Dave Remmer

Started by The Equalizer, December 17, 2012, 08:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

So sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings, but an old mate of mine and an H5 regular, Dave Remmer, was killed last Thursday night in West Kensington.

I'd known Dave for 20 odd years, although we were no longer close friends. He was stabbed to death by two guys in the hostel where he was staying, nobody has been caught as yet.

Dave was a regular Fulham goer and one of the louder characters at the back of the Hammersmith End.

He was only 35 and leaves two children behind.

RIP Dave.

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-and-hammersmith-news/local-fulham-and-hammersmith-news/2012/12/14/man-found-stabbed-to-death-at-address-in-west-kensington-82029-32427752/

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Peabody

mr-ska

ScalleysDad

Blimey what a day and how quickly saturday gets put into perspective.
Never knew him but again he wore the colours. RIP young man.

TheDaddy

The lad played football with me eldest RIP son.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

JBH

R.I.P my thoughts are with all of his family and friends at this sad time 9739.gif

Burt

Awful news... I hope they catch the two guys and throw the book at them.

RIP Dave.

DukeTyrion

RIP Dave.

Such a young age to go as well :-(

cebu

That is really terrible news.

RIP Dave.

Tomo

This happened just around the corner from such sad news R.I.P
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

White Noise

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-and-hammersmith-news/local-fulham-and-hammersmith-news/2012/12/18/82029-32452030/

'Murdered man' was Fulham FC fan and regular at Craven Cottage

By Adam Courtney

Dec 18 2012

A murder took place at 67 Talgarth Road, Hammersmith

THE man found murdered in a West Kensington hostel last week was a Fulham fan and a regular at Craven Cottage.

David Remmer, 35, who was believed to have been a father of two, was found dead at the hostel for the homeless in Talgarth Road, West Kensington, last Thursday. A post mortem examination is still going on but police believe he was stabbed.

Tributes were paid to him on fan sites. One man wrote on friendsoffulham.com: "Dave was a regular Fulham goer and one of the louder characters at the back of the Hammersmith End. I'd known Dave for 20-odd years, although we were no longer close friends. He was only 35 and leaves two children behind."

The hostel at which Mr Remmer was staying is run by Hestia Housing, which provides accommodation for the homeless, in conjunction with Hammersmith and Fulham Council. Both declined to comment on the incident.

A spokeswoman for London Ambulance said: "We were called to an incident at an address in Talgarth Road. We sent two single responder cars to the patient, a man in his 30s, but he was dead at the scene."

There have so far been no arrests.

Neighbours said the area is beset by social problems including drug taking and antisocial behaviour. One, who didn't want to be named, said: "There has been lots of threatening behaviour on this street, particularly down the West Kensington side. There is always a group of people hanging around intimidating me as I walk past, shouting things like 'what are you looking at' and I have seen them passing things to each other.

"There always seems to be arguments going on around the street, I've seen several fights. Some of the people have a really aggressive attitude. The police must be aware of it but they choose to do nothing.

"I have lived here for 17 years but I do not feel safe anymore at all. In January my house was broken into and burgled while I was away and the police did nothing about it. I am thinking of moving out of London."

LBNo11

...so sorry to hear this, it is always sad when we lose one of the Fulham family, I certainly recognise his face from the HE. My commiserations to his family and may he Rest In Peace...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

SouthfieldWhite

Terrible News, R I P Dave, so sad especially at a young age and with Kids, like Ed, never knew him but did know his face

Rob1879

To all loyal Friends of Fulham,

The topic above is reference my brother David. I appreciate all comments currently posted and it is good to know there are kind individuals out there. Both me and my brother are life long Fulham fans and will continue to be.

Kind regards

The Equalizer

Quote from: Rob1879 on December 19, 2012, 03:27:00 PM
To all loyal Friends of Fulham,

The topic above is reference my brother David. I appreciate all comments currently posted and it is good to know there are kind individuals out there. Both me and my brother are life long Fulham fans and will continue to be.

Kind regards

So sorry for your loss mate, I'm not sure if I've met you before, but I'm good friends with Carlos Barros and Richard McLaughlin. We all used to hang out with Dave years ago when he lived on Hartismere Road.

I know that all of us are absolutely gutted by his death, and please know that all of Dave's friends and family are in our thoughts at the moment.

All the best,

Tom
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Rob1879

Much appreciated. Carlos does ring a bell.

Being away with the Army i am unable to get back to games as much with Dave, but its good to know that someone as gobby as my eldest brother died loving Fulham as much as he did when he took me to my first game.

All the best,

Rob