News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do we have the ability to deal with Suarez?

Started by CurryForMario, December 19, 2012, 09:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clanky

Come on, all is not lost we haven't even started the game yet.

They were poor last week

We got six points off them last season

I am sure Jol provided some constructive feedback after QPR and they might be more motivated !!

Then, again...you couild be right

RPhillips

In a word, no. I fear that we are in for a very long afternoon.

clanky

It wll be for me as the in-laws are over for a Xmas meal and the boss won't let me out so will have to grab chances to listen to the radio whilst clearing the table, watching strictly etc.

COYW

CH FFC

Quote from: Oiseau on December 19, 2012, 12:45:49 PM
If we mark him zonally as we've been doing recently, give him space and don't press and/or double up him, we could be in some trouble. I'm not sure if we have the personnel to play a pressing game, though. We must also keep an eye out for Sterling...

I saw a quote from Rodgers stating that many players needed a rest.  Sterling, Allen, Downing...and a couple of others have been quite notably tired too quick.  He mentioned in the press release that the game against Fulham is as good a time as any to rest some of these players.

CH FFC

Well, if we play as we did against QPR last week, then we will lose 5-0

However, I do believe that last week was a fluke, and for whatever reason nobody showed up to play.
Being that we just lost to the worst side in the EPL without trying....I am really hoping that our team goes there to play!

We definitely have the ability to deal with Suarez, and I agree with those who stated that we need to go at them from the start.
We need to being back the fluid attack play that had been working so well.

If Fulham attack, and play hard with heart....we will win!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Rupert on December 19, 2012, 10:50:01 AM
I posted, after the Newcastle game, how concerned I was at the space Hangeland and co were allowing Newcastle players to gather, control and turn and shoot. I was blithely told by most on here that Hangeland had been superb. Now QPHa have time to gather, turn and shoot. There is no reason why Liverpool will not be offered the same opportunities. Our main hope is their accuracy being off, I'm afraid.

I think that it is more a problem of the central midfield rather than the defence, or at least a combination of the two. We have allowed these runners to get between the lines and run directly at the central defenders.

alfie

Quote from: filham on December 19, 2012, 01:00:06 PM
We are in with no chance. Sorry just can't get last Saturday's performance out of my mind.

Saturdays performance has gone, us like every other team always have a chance, just maybe a few of the players got a bit of a wake up call.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

YankeeJim

Rest assured, Suarez will conduct a clinic on how to properly execute a dive.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Julius Geezer

It's more about cutting out the supply and support to Suarez.

He's a top player but he can't do it all on his own, as some games have shown this year.

We can't stop them keeping possesion, but if we can prevent Gerrard, Allen and Shelvey from playing key passes we stand a chance.

hn4fulham

I think we have a good chance of getting hammered this game. If we don't keep their threats down the sides in check.  They are a more dangerous team when sterling and suarez are in synch but they aren't always. I'm hoping we'll give them a good fight.