watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stockdale Recalled from Loan Spell...

Started by shnlwswlkr, December 19, 2012, 03:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Let's be honest Stockdale is used to playing behind better defences then we have in Fulhams first team. Don't want to destroy what confidence he might have.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

5 matches,10 points & 2 clean sheets for the Tigers - who wouldn't swop that record for ours right now!
OK it was Stockdale for Hull as opposed to Schwarzer in the Premiership but...
Competition for ALL places @ ALL times in the FFC team
That's what there should be but we are currently well off that @ present
We are a Premiership side,not Championship whateva & need to get this sorted asap
Go on Jol,take a risk for once & give the lad a run
As someone else posted,we would then see whether he is up to it or not
Either way we find out & Mark S doesn't just assume his place on the team sheet is first on the list & a given week in/week out - regardless of performance
One potential peg in the rebuilding stakes me thinks - & we don't need to sign him as he is already with us!

DJinNJ

He signed a four year contract at the beginning of last season. I took that as an indication that the was willing to wait out Schwarzer (as well as an indication that there probably weren't a lot of potential better options out there). So while I can understand if he's frustrated at being called back to sit on the bench when we supposedly have two fit goalkeepers, I don't think he should be frustrated at not being number one yet. Schwarzer has been clear that he's going to try to keep going until the next World Cup, so he shouldn't be surprised that Schwarzer is still going. Of course, it's a matter of opinion whether Schwarzer is still good enough. I'll just say that I don't think Jol is the only manager who would stick with Schwarzer, who hasn't (in my opinion) been nearly as bad as some people are making out.

I also don't understand why people get so upset at how he's been treated. We have plenty of outfield players who try hard, play to the best of their ability, and who some fans would like to see exiled from the first team. If Senderos was on the bench for every minute of the rest of the season few would complain about how badly he's been treated. Obviously everyone can have an opinion on who our best players are in each position, but if Jol/the coaching staff decides you're not the best player then your chances are going to be limited. That's the way it is, so why is Stockdale so special that he's entitled to first team games when our manager thinks he's not the best option? The difference of course is that he's a keeper, and so there are fewer opportunities to step in than for an outfield player. Again, just the way it is, not some sort of exceptionally poor treatment.

JBH

Why is everyone so shocked that he has been recalled?

He is our player, we pay his wages, he has a 4 year contract that he happily signed and we need him back as back up for Schwarzer.

If Mark pulled a Hamstring in the 1st half at Anfield we would all moan about not having a decent back up on the bench.

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: JBH on December 20, 2012, 06:37:43 AM

He is our player, we pay his wages, he has a 4 year contract that he happily signed and we need him back as back up for Schwarzer.

If Mark pulled a Hamstring in the 1st half at Anfield we would all moan about not having a decent back up on the bench.

Bring in a reserve keeper to warm the bench, worse thing to happen is Mark gets injured and we have to cope for the rest of that match with a poor keeper in goal, we just tighten up and defend like maniacs and then Stockdale is on a 24 hour recall clause so he would be back for the next match. This makes more sense than to call him back from gaining great experience just to warm a bench in case something happens to Mark.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

MJG

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on December 20, 2012, 10:09:30 AM
Quote from: JBH on December 20, 2012, 06:37:43 AM

Bring in a reserve keeper to warm the bench, worse thing to happen is Mark gets injured and we have to cope for the rest of that match with a poor keeper in goal, we just tighten up and defend like maniacs and then Stockdale is on a 24 hour recall clause so he would be back for the next match. This makes more sense than to call him back from gaining great experience just to warm a bench in case something happens to Mark.
:plus one:

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on December 19, 2012, 08:52:10 PM
Quote from: alfie on December 19, 2012, 06:49:58 PM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on December 19, 2012, 04:11:20 PM
Quote from: shnlwswlkr on December 19, 2012, 03:54:40 PM
We're going to lose Stockdale at the this rate.

I'm already resigned to losing him at this point. He has been treated TERRIBLY since Jol turned up.

When Schwarzer was injured around this time last year, we recalled Stockdale and put him in the starting line-up, he did a fine job (not superb, but good) and when Mark came back, we walked straight back between the sticks.

Anyone remember back in 2004-05, Mark Crossley got to play in goal for the Newcastle away game we won 4-1, and he saved something like 21 shots on target (EVDS may have been injured, maybe he needed a rest, I don't know). Chris Coleman insured that he stayed in goal for the best part of 6 weeks (including a 4-1 loss at home to Chelsea), and made EVDS fight for his place again.

Why didn't Stockdale get a chance? That's my question

Simple he is not good enough, lots of people think he is, Jol myself and lots of others think he is'nt.

it is down to the same old problem us supporters do not see the training sessions, if he was better than MS then he would be given his chance, i did not feel comfortable when he was in last time.

What are you basing that on? His performances in the Championship this season and last? They were both brilliant succeses. His performances for us last season and the season before? I remember at least three Man of the Match awards and a player of the month award also.

oK HD it is just my gut feeling that he is not good enough, like i said personally i just did not feel comfortable, if he gets a chance and proves me wrong fantastic and i will appologies, but it is just an opinion.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't