watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Liverpool v Fulham match thread

Started by FC Silver Fox, December 22, 2012, 02:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

I'm going to start it. I want Martin Jol out. He's clearly lost the dressing room

Aaron

I see you can still get us at 20/1 for relegation..

Swansea, Norwich and Newcastle are all available at 6/1..  I don't normally bet on Fulham but (sadly) at 20/1 that's got to be worth a tenner.

CanadianCottager

Stats at half time, Ashkan Dejagah has won the ball more times than our entire backline combined.. just about sums up our heartless defence

Benny

We are looking so poor, can't see us scoring at all.
Will end up 3 or 4 nil easy.

jarv

Truly awful stuff, relegation beckons on current form.

Riise...way past it.
Hangeland...for those wanting him to sign....let him go, he is useless.
Richardson...why did Fulham take this guy on
Kaca ...not even close to the standard reqired, never has been, never will be.
Baird...past his best.

Fulham make Downing look like a world class winger.

Does Jol even get them to practice defending, this is totally embarrassing.

I did not like Jol when we got him, then I was converted. Now? I think he is clueless as to how to fix the nightmare unfolding.
Worst run of form since Sanchez :dft007:

RidgeRider

Quote from: Admin on December 22, 2012, 06:22:19 PM
I'm going to start it. I want Martin Jol out. He's clearly lost the dressing room

I know I'm going to catch some hell from fellow posters but......... +1

I have no idea who we should bring in though. Let's hope Macintosh does a better job with a replacement then he did with the summer window.

CanadianCottager

Quote from: Walsh on December 22, 2012, 06:22:09 PM
We're nothing without Bryan Ruiz.
Sadly. Knowing our luck, Jol is going to rush him back before he's fully fit and he'll be out for the season within 30 minutes... Need to get someone who can play his role in January

Herbie

Dave on for Richardson, not because Richardson is playing badly (they all are), but because the shape of the team isn't working.  Berba is not a lone striker.  It is pointless having pacy wingers if the CMs are ultimately defensive as there is nobody to run on and break into the box.  

Take some defensive shape out of the middle and put some pressure on up top.

We look poor, to say the least.  There's no need to worry about a relegation scrap, but I can't see us pushing for a record highest finish this season.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Logicalman on December 22, 2012, 06:21:24 PM
Quote from: The Moose on December 22, 2012, 06:18:12 PM
Gutless performance. The players need motivating, that means Jol off the pitch and Hangeland on it.

I can see the first of those happening, but as for the second part, how can you expect a want-away player to have any interest at all in captaining the team? Give the armband to Baird, or Berbie, or anyone else that might have an ounce of Fulham in their blood, but not that shirt-hanger that was the cause of the first goal, and totally out of position for the second.

If he was fit I'd choose Diarra. The only other vocal player is Berba so I'd give it him.

Bassey the warrior

The Jol out comments show a complete lack of respect for the club. Get behind your manager for god's sake. We are in a poor run but with the right signings that can change. Ridiculous.

Count Berbatov

Not sure what's with the team but you're in some serious trouble. Berbs has been disappointing . no motivation?
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

craig10

schwarzer - glued to his line

Hangeland - stop marking the space the attackers are going to run into as they get the run on you everytime and your standing jump is NOT good enough

Riise - Stop going onto ur right foot to just come back outside onto ur left and in the mean time been closed down

Kaca - far too predictable

Baird - the nickname has gone to his head.. too many flicks, blind passing and "skills" that dont come off

Richardson - seems to have lost any 1st touch he did have and run straight into players more than anything else

Berba - stop dropping deep, going wide and only moving when the ball is at your feet

CurryForMario

In our defence, Liverpool are playing some brilliant football
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

ffcbulgaria

Kaca isn't as good as he was in the earlier games of the season because now Berbatov is rarely forward on the left. He is constantly dropping back and Kaca is left isolated on the left with noone to combine with.

TWFL

Quote from: Logicalman on December 22, 2012, 06:21:24 PM
Quote from: The Moose on December 22, 2012, 06:18:12 PM
Gutless performance. The players need motivating, that means Jol off the pitch and Hangeland on it.

I can see the first of those happening, but as for the second part, how can you expect a want-away player to have any interest at all in captaining the team? Give the armband to Baird, or Berbie, or anyone else that might have an ounce of Fulham in their blood, but not that shirt-hanger that was the cause of the first goal, and totally out of position for the second.
Completely agree. Hangeland has been poor. We need someone to shout and get at the players to make sure they keep working, someone like Berbatov, and Hangeland is definitely not doing that. Put Kasami on and go from there, central midfield have also been shocking.

craig10

Quote from: craig10 on December 22, 2012, 06:18:58 PM
Frei for Kaca
Rodders for Richardson
however i can see him taking off Karagounis or kaca for Rodders

would seem i got that right!!! ffs

CanadianCottager

Let's hope Hugo doesn't live up to the nickname my Colombian friends give him, Rodallegua (roughly, RodaDonkey)...

ffcbulgaria

OK JOL is blind.... RICHARDSON still on Kaca off wth....

Matt Inglis

Apparently it's a better idea to take off Kacaniklic than Richardson. Okay then.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

fulhamjay

How is richardson still on the pitch really martin jol.