watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southhampton Match Thread......

Started by rusty shackleford, December 26, 2012, 02:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY D

Baird has been terrible. He stays on he will lose us the game!

CanadianCottager

Plus: The Wolfs down the right look promising attacking, we're actually winning (hey!), Hangeland and Senderos have both been decent and haven't made any glaring errors between them.

Negatives: They're causing us some problems down the flanks, and while Dejather looks good going forward, Shaw has been bamboozling them when they're on the back foot. I've been told Rodallega is playing, has anyone seen him?

In all seriousness though, not a bad 45 minutes barring a few incidents of concern, but I'm feeling confident we'll pick up the 3 points. Seems like a few people still haven't forgiven Senderos for taking the last parking spot on Stevenage Road, he's been just fine, its the fullbacks who need to be a bit sharper when we lose possession imho.

cmg

Noone scored for Cardiff in the 44th minute. Palace supporters blaming it on Senderos.

RidgeRider

Quote from: alexbishop on December 26, 2012, 03:48:38 PM
Lets be clear. We have been very very average. Saints have just been even more average. I haven't seen a great amount to convince me this game is in the bag

I'll be even clearer  :dft012:, we are a VERY poor side, nothing has changed from the last two months other than we scored a goal. We are in big trouble right now and nothing I've seen so far today makes me feel any better about this team

Having written all that, I am VERY happy we are up 1-0. We need the points badly. COYW!

Bryanthebroom

Baird's doing ok, im sure every pass he's made has been backwards. Same old story everywhere else though, Riise and Schwarzer have had a couple of lapses each, Kaka and Dejagah have been bright on the wings though Kaka's final ball isn't always there - and Berba and Riether have been different class, defensively and going forward.

MasterHaynes

Berbas shirt message =keep calm just pass me the ball.

We need to replace Rodellaga with jaragounis to bolster the midfield as playing an extra man up front just means they get no service

JustOverTheRiver

we have been arguing that there is more important places to strengthen than the attacking section of our team, but it should be a priority to strengthen every section of the team. we are not solid anywhere.

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: MurphLegend on December 26, 2012, 03:55:01 PM
what did berbatov's shirt say? my stream is blurry

'Keep Calm and Pass me the Ball!'

Just class.

horse1031

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on December 26, 2012, 04:01:14 PM

Just class.

thinks a bit of himself or just confidence?? :015:

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Nick the Swede

WTF, as pleased I am with seeing Ruiz again I can't see the logic behind subbing Kaca...

-"Oh when the Whites!"
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: horse1031 on December 26, 2012, 04:02:56 PM
Quote from: Bryanthebroom on December 26, 2012, 04:01:14 PM

Just class.

thinks a bit of himself or just confidence?? :015:

I think the other players knew about this shirt and noone took offence. They seemed happy enough celebrating next to the writings :D

ScalleysDad

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 26, 2012, 03:57:39 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on December 26, 2012, 03:48:38 PM
Lets be clear. We have been very very average. Saints have just been even more average. I haven't seen a great amount to convince me this game is in the bag

I'll be even clearer  :dft012:, we are a VERY poor side, nothing has changed from the last two months other than we scored a goal. We are in big trouble right now and nothing I've seen so far today makes me feel any better about this team

Having written all that, I am VERY happy we are up 1-0. We need the points badly. COYW!

Agreed. If there was a stat for giving the ball away we would be way ahead. The back four are making me nervous and its not all about Senderos and as CC has said is Rodders out there? No aerial threat and chases down a bit before breaking into a skip and wandering off. I read somebody mentioning Berbatov and the yellow card. What a plonker! It could have been worse and then what would we have done. A mini experiment in life without Berbatov I suppose.  

BestOfBrede

"It's all Senderos's fault"

deeffc

A player can make mistakes without being at fault for everything. Riise is still underperforming, I'd like to see Briggs get a run at some stage.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: deeffc on December 26, 2012, 04:11:19 PM
A player can make mistakes without being at fault for everything. Riise is still underperforming, I'd like to see Briggs get a run at some stage.
'twas sarcasm if referring to my reply!

Azeedo

I hate not being able to watch the game, how's Ruiz doing.?

deeffc

Ok, he's had a couple of decent bits of play and overcomplicated things at times a bit too. You can tell he's been out a while really, good invention but not quite getting the final product.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Azeedo on December 26, 2012, 04:17:59 PM
I hate not being able to watch the game, how's Ruiz doing.?

looks decent, bit rusty but good to have him on the pitch, our possession in the mid field improves with him on the pitch