more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Jol raving mad?

Started by Banstead White, December 26, 2012, 06:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: The Moose on December 26, 2012, 09:31:37 PM
And just to stand out from this stupid crowd I'll say that Jol is both a good manager and the good manager we need. Ruiz was thrown on the pitch because we needed to keep possession. Jol would've been advised by the clubs physio's that Ruiz was fit enough to play for that long. I would be surprised if he started Ruiz against Swansea, I doubt he will.

I don't think jol has the first idea what he is doing.
Senderos and richardson (previous two games obviously for the latter) are both miles below the required standard, how could he drop hughes for the swiss disaster.
Second the substitutions today were crazy. At 1 0 we should have stayed as we were. taking off kaka meant moving hugo who was doing quite well and linking the play well and was a handful. He and berba were applying pressure on there back 4 something we haven't done for ages. To accomodate ruiz he put hugo on the wing where he was anonymous. then dejgah another waste of space was removed and hugo back to the front ruiz whio was doing ok for a player short of fitness was put on the wing to spare him having to run around. hugo was certainly dispirited because we all knew he was about to be withdrawn by the ageing greek. nobody on the pitch seemed to no  where to play and berb packed it in totally deciding to remain offside for the last 25 minutes or so.

All because the manager had to make a stupid and totally unnecessary change at half time

senderos's schoolboy error led to the corner that led to the goal. the manger should go.

BillNRoc

I was going to answer the question "No" until I read the manager's post-match comments. To use an American football example, he's as crazy as Jets coach Rex Ryan if he thinks his current squad, when healthy, is good enough to compete in the BPL.

Just as the Jets' offense (and its QB) is badly broken, FFC's offense appears broken; what's worse, the defense is broken, too, unlike the Jets. On current/recent form, FFC are a bottom five squad, with too many old, slow guys who are past their best and a small group of youngsters who aren't good enough yet. Berbatov is a quality BPL player, Ruiz might be if he stays healthy and plays more than 60% of the time, Riether is quality - but that's pretty much it. Sidwell works hard with limited skills, but Riise, Baird, Rodallega, the keeper and the CBs put in poor shift after poor shift; if they continue to start, the squad must be really dreadful.

It's not an accident that we have won once in 11; poor teams don't win a lot. Counting on Ruiz and Diarra to bring us back to mid-table achievement is putting way too much on them, I fear.

MJG

I would be surprised if he started Ruiz against Swansea, I doubt he will.
Jol after match quote "I was very happy today at half-time to be able to bring Bryan Ruiz on but it was not enough. He will be fit to start against Swansea"

grandad

It is so easy to say "Jol out" but who is there better than him to take over & available. No Jol is still the man for the long term. We have had a dreadful time with injuries to key players & other players under performing. A manager can only tell players what he wants of them but it is the players duty to do it on the field.
A big responsibility lies with MAF & the board to purchase such players Jol feels we need to secure our rightful top 10 position.
Let´s just wait & see what happens over the next 4 weeks.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mr_Moon

Last season's scapegoat, this season's messiah.

No pressure Bryan.

alfie

Quote from: nose on December 26, 2012, 09:43:24 PM
And just to stand out from this stupid crowd I'll say that Jol is both a good manager and the good manager we need. Ruiz was thrown on the pitch because we needed to keep possession. Jol would've been advised by the clubs physio's that Ruiz was fit enough to play for that long. I would be surprised if he started Ruiz against Swansea, I doubt he will.

I don't think jol has the first idea what he is doing.
Senderos and richardson (previous two games obviously for the latter) are both miles below the required standard, how could he drop hughes for the swiss disaster.
Second the substitutions today were crazy. At 1 0 we should have stayed as we were. taking off kaka meant moving hugo who was doing quite well and linking the play well and was a handful. He and berba were applying pressure on there back 4 something we haven't done for ages. To accomodate ruiz he put hugo on the wing where he was anonymous. then dejgah another waste of space was removed and hugo back to the front ruiz whio was doing ok for a player short of fitness was put on the wing to spare him having to run around. hugo was certainly dispirited because we all knew he was about to be withdrawn by the ageing greek. nobody on the pitch seemed to no  where to play and berb packed it in totally deciding to remain offside for the last 25 minutes or so.

All because the manager had to make a stupid and totally unnecessary change at half time

senderos's schoolboy error led to the corner that led to the goal. the manger should go.

"the swiss disaster" my word, isnt it funny all afternoon when there were headers going wrong Tony Gale, blamed the swirling wind, except of course when Senderos header went wrong it was bad defending, and a player comes bursting through midfield and it's Senderos bad marking, i am far from saying Senderos is great but Gale really has it in for him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Snibbo

Quote from: alfie on December 26, 2012, 11:53:50 PM
"the swiss disaster" my word, isnt it funny all afternoon when there were headers going wrong Tony Gale, blamed the swirling wind, except of course when Senderos header went wrong it was bad defending, and a player comes bursting through midfield and it's Senderos bad marking, i am far from saying Senderos is great but Gale really has it in for him.
I agree. I got sick of Gale going on and on and on about Senderos that I turned off the commentary. He was saying it was mad to break up the H&H partnership. Hasn't he been watching us this season? The H&H partnership has been woeful. What's a manager to do - try a different combination which might be better or at least no worse, or carry on with one that's failing consistently.

I think Hangeland's deterioration this season has been dramatic, and a major contributor to our defensive problems, along with Schwarzer's awful distribution, Riise's impressions of Konchesky cock-ups and Hughes frequently being muscled off the ball.

Jimbobob

:dft007: :dft007: :dft007:
Yes he is raving mad or something.
Ruiz is no savior that is for sure and we are falling apart as a club.
What the hell is going on? We can't put away that team at home?
We are in big trouble and I just don't understand the "why" of the lack of effort and heart - etc etc etc.... 075.gif
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: CurryForMario on December 26, 2012, 06:35:26 PM
Ruiz against Arsenal was just the eprfect performance, and I feel if he could replicate some consistency he really could be our Saviour.

No one player can be a our saviour. The problems we have are deep and complex, from players, team, training, coaching, treatments. Ultimately, the Manager is responsible for shaping and structuring the team and support, and ensuring the successful development of young players in the 1st team squad. The pieces in Jol's jigsaw do not fit. It's not working!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Banstead White on December 26, 2012, 06:15:45 PM
......to place quite as much emphasis on one player returning, (Ruiz) , as he has in recent weeks, to become our saviour./
The player IMO has alays flattered to decieve and briefly looked improved in a busier central midfield position and not quite as exposed as he appeared when played out wide. Am I really the only one to beleive this guy may be a flop in the guise of a steve marlet?
I know there will be those that maintain his game has got better .....really ? So has mine but then im in my fifties and dont get to practice to often these days.

To take a reasonable side, as we appeared at the start today, even making allowances for Dejagah, and with Kacaniklic playing well and repeatedly unnerving the opposing full back to the take him off to swap with Ruiz was madness,,.......

\Rant over.

MJ is currently using the "you don't have to be mad to work here but it certainly helps" approach

Martin - time for a drastic rethink?

Quickly please & in time for the match against Swansea - thanks